Bar with terraces in Bangkok ? Except Khaosan, where ?

anthobkk

Hi everyone,

Do you know some bar with terrace in Bangkok ?? The only bars I know which have terraces are in Khaosan but I'm sure there're plenty more in Bangkok, but the problem is, I can't find them.

Moreover, I am not looking for expensive bar for foreigners, just some tables and chairs on the street same as Gecko bar in Soi Rambuttri, http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4084/5043841530_5b2831a5a6_o.jpg but with mostly Thai Customers.

Please let me know if you know some bars like that. (Around ratchada would be perfect)

Thank you.smile.png

Edited by anthobkk

160 baht for a bottle of beer ain't that bad in BKK.

You can get it cheaper on some of the soi 4 bars but you'll have to rub shoulders with some pretty ropey people.

100+ for a small beer is really expensive. I know a lot of bars much cheaper than that but none of them have terraces. I really enjoy being outside and I'm sure Thai people do too and they won't pay their small beer 100 baht + for that.

You can get it cheaper on some of the soi 4 bars but you'll have to rub shoulders with some pretty ropey people.

100+ for a small beer is really expensive. I know a lot of bars much cheaper than that but none of them have terraces. I really enjoy being outside and I'm sure Thai people do too and they won't pay their small beer 100 baht + for that.

What's your definition of a "small beer"?

Are you talking about draught lager in a kiddie-size glass or a standard-sized bottled beer?

If the latter then try soi 22; quite a few places with terraces but, again, some undesirable, loud mouth foreigners. A bottle of local beer can be had for 80 baht or so at happy hour but for imported beers, you'll have to pay more.

If you want it cheaper than that, I'd recommend 7-11 or Family Mart and drink it on the steps outside the store.

Edited by HardenedSoul

What's your definition of a "small beer"?

Are you talking about draught lager in a kiddie-size glass or a standard-sized bottled beer?

If the latter then try soi 22; quite a few places with terraces but, again, some undesirable, loud mouth foreigners. A bottle of local beer can be had for 80 baht or so at happy hour but for imported beers, you'll have to pay more.

If you want it cheaper than that, I'd recommend 7-11 or Family Mart and drink it on the steps outside the store.

Why nobody mentioned this before. Most 7/11's actually have a terras in the form of a few concrete tables biggrin.png

It's atrocious if that's a small bottle of beer, that's the same price you pay back in the UK where I'm from.

I wouldn't pay more than 160B for a big bottle of beer in BKK. Last few bars I've been to in BKK big Singha was 120-140B. That was Victory Monument / Rang Nam Road area.

Small bottles of Singha were around 75B in a bar on Soi 4 a couple of nights ago. Don't know the name of it but it had a terrace and a few other places I saw did too.

Live music and a mix of farang, freelance girls and mixed groups of Thai's so not all that bad, was expecting much worse. First time I'd drank in Nana area.

It's atrocious if that's a small bottle of beer, that's the same price you pay back in the UK where I'm from.

I wouldn't pay more than 160B for a big bottle of beer in BKK. Last few bars I've been to in BKK big Singha was 120-140B. That was Victory Monument / Rang Nam Road area.

Small bottles of Singha were around 75B in a bar on Soi 4 a couple of nights ago. Don't know the name of it but it had a terrace and a few other places I saw did too.

Live music and a mix of farang, freelance girls and mixed groups of Thai's so not all that bad, was expecting much worse. First time I'd drank in Nana area.

have to laugh at some of the beer prices in Bangkok these days.....160 baht for a bottle of beer and some think that "ain't bad" for BKK? I sure hope for that price that you are getting some first class visuals from the girls on stage........there are several bars along soi 4 with open air terraces where you can drink yourself silly at happy hours for 70 baht or less and the passing parade is more entertaining to me than sitting in some loud nana go go bar watching a few gals shuffle around..........but if 160 baht beers are what wind your watch then by all means go have a dozen or so.....and be sure and buy the girls a few 160 baht bargain priced sprites.....

have to laugh at some of the beer prices in Bangkok these days.....160 baht for a bottle of beer and some think that "ain't bad" for BKK? I sure hope for that price that you are getting some first class visuals from the girls on stage........there are several bars along soi 4 with open air terraces where you can drink yourself silly at happy hours for 70 baht or less and the passing parade is more entertaining to me than sitting in some loud nana go go bar watching a few gals shuffle around..........but if 160 baht beers are what wind your watch then by all means go have a dozen or so.....and be sure and buy the girls a few 160 baht bargain priced sprites.....

Well there are more than two settings in which someone can enjoy a beer, mate. One doesn't have to on a bar stool knocking 'em back at 3pm while watching the freak show on soi 4 pass by or sit around a stage watching heifers "boogie down".

There are establishments called nightclubs/discos that provide musical entertainment like a DJ, a dancefloor, an atmosphere where one can meet women a couple of notches above the traditional pig-in-knickers available on soi 4. A lot of people are happy to pay the premium for that but, I agree, a beer with lunch in a normal pub would be taking the piss asking for 160 baht.

Unfortunately, BKK is getting more expensive. That might be a problem for some but surely people don't expect this country to be immune to rising prices just because they decided to move here to retire or whatever?

Well there are more than two settings in which someone can enjoy a beer, mate. One doesn't have to on a bar stool knocking 'em back at 3pm while watching the freak show on soi 4 pass by or sit around a stage watching heifers "boogie down".

There are establishments called nightclubs/discos that provide musical entertainment like a DJ, a dancefloor, an atmosphere where one can meet women a couple of notches above the traditional pig-in-knickers available on soi 4. A lot of people are happy to pay the premium for that but, I agree, a beer with lunch in a normal pub would be taking the piss asking for 160 baht.

Unfortunately, BKK is getting more expensive. That might be a problem for some but surely people don't expect this country to be immune to rising prices just because they decided to move here to retire or whatever?

Yeah but still this is BKK. It's 160B a beer in nightclubs back in the UK or even cheaper during the week so no need to be that expensive in Bangkok.

Let's not pretend that the majority of the women in these over priced clubs in Thong Lor and Ekkamai give 2 sh*ts about a farang in there when there's hundreds of well off Thai's around she can try her luck with.

I don't do Nana Plaza or Cowboy or any of these after hour places (was taken to Nana Soi 4 the other day by a Thai actually for the first time and yeah I won't be rushing back but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting) but I'm not into the 'fancy' places that much either as they are quite dull.

It's all about sitting round tables, drinking bottles of over priced imported whisky, listening to ear bleeding Thai rock music

Most groups keep themselves to themselves and don't mingle. When people want to go crazy they dance round their table...not exactly giving it large is it.

And don't get me started on some of those 'hi-so' princesses and annoying 'posh' Thai blokes.

OK places to visit once in a while but let's not pretend they are great fun and as a farang you'll likely get next to no attention from the women in there. Sure you'll tell me otherwise though, right? ;)

Edited by TheSpade

Yeah but still this is BKK. It's 160B a beer in nightclubs back in the UK or even cheaper during the week so no need to be that expensive in Bangkok.

Let's not pretend that the majority of the women in these over priced clubs in Thong Lor and Ekkamai give 2 sh*ts about a farang in there when there's hundreds of well off Thai's around she can try her luck with.

I don't do Nana Plaza or Cowboy or any of these after hour places (was taken to Nana Soi 4 the other day by a Thai actually for the first time and yeah I won't be rushing back but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting) but I'm not into the 'fancy' places that much either as they are quite dull.

It's all about sitting round tables, drinking bottles of over priced imported whisky, listening to ear bleeding Thai rock music

Most groups keep themselves to themselves and don't mingle. When people want to go crazy they dance round their table...not exactly giving it large is it.

And don't get me started on some of those 'hi-so' princesses and annoying 'posh' Thai blokes.

OK places to visit once in a while but let's not pretend they are great fun and as a farang you'll likely get next to no attention from the women in there. Sure you'll tell me otherwise though, right? wink.png

Ok well I don't know who said anything about Thonglor and Ekkamai and the preferences of the the Thai women therein but I guess you felt a need to get that off your chest.

Your point, however, eludes me.