Non-immigrant - class B - 1 year multiple entry only from home country?

All,

Because of a tight schedule I am not able to collect my non-immigrant class B multiple entry visa in my home country, being The Netherlands. I have to work in Bangkok from next week till March next year. My question: is it possible to apply for and be granted such a visa (non-imm class B) in one of the neighbouring countries (KL, SIN, HKG, etc etc)? Since I work for a large corporation money is not an issue.

Thanks for your help!

If you have Work Permit valid for 8 months + and the Correct Paperwork, then Penang is still an option in SE Asia:

see link to list of paperwork below for 90 day Single or One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visas:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

As an alternative, if your company can produce the correct paperwork, tax paid,etc, then with a WP you can get an in country Extension of Permission to Stay at your local Thai Immigration Dept under Case 2.1 of National Police Order 777/2551 (Employment in the Kingdom of Thailand).

An example of the crteriae for a 2.1 Extension is attached below:

I put the same question to a visa agency, this is what they answered.

I assume you are currently here on 30 days airport stamp. If you require to apply for work permit, we can convert your current stay into Non-Immigrant B visa at Bangkok immigration, you will not have to leave Thailand as we can process your application to make sure Non-Immigrant B is successfully secured.

Initially, Non-Immigrant B will be valid for 3 months. Once, work permit is issued than we can get an extension for 1 year.
I will need a list of documents from you employer, the total cost for 3 months Non-Immigrant B is 20,000THB
Can this be done by yourself as well?

Yes, but most people choose to go to a neigbouring country and apply for the non-B visa there. Easier.

You will need to apply for the WP first and that takes tie, also you need about 15 days left on your pemisison to stay for immirgaiton to convert. Also you need the right amount of salary for most jobs.

I put the same question to a visa agency, this is what they answered.

I assume you are currently here on 30 days airport stamp. If you require to apply for work permit, we can convert your current stay into Non-Immigrant B visa at Bangkok immigration, you will not have to leave Thailand as we can process your application to make sure Non-Immigrant B is successfully secured.

Initially, Non-Immigrant B will be valid for 3 months. Once, work permit is issued than we can get an extension for 1 year.
I will need a list of documents from you employer, the total cost for 3 months Non-Immigrant B is 20,000THB
Can this be done by yourself as well?

Yes, but you/your employer must meet all the criteriae for an Extension of Permission to Stay.based on Employment (Case 2.1 National Police Order 777/2551).

20,000 THB is way, way more than the actual application costs of this particular process (Total Application Fees work out to around 7,000 THB for everything - the 3 month conversion, WP and One Year Extension).

Hull have just told a colleague of mine on the phone today that 80% certain after July 31st NO CONSULATE will be able to issue Non B visa.

Embassies only will be able to at their discretion under special circumstances, instead all B visas will be issued at local immigration centre only (who of course will need to see all the relevant personal Tax & Social security payments are being made)

Hull is waiting for clarification next week.

Hi Richard

Yet another potential snag! It is "80% likely" that the Thai Consulates will not be able to issue Non Immigrant B Visas as of 31 July 2013. They MAY from the Embassy in London but you need to go in person with:

1. Work Permit and photocopy of every page
2. Passport and photocopy of every page
3. ALL company registration documents and company affidavit
4. Company tax document

Thanks

Edited by heazille

If that restriction on the consulates really pans out, it will be a significant inconvenience unless the local Embassies are enabled to better serve the growing local need. If the current restrictions with local Embassies continue along with these new consular restrictions...

"There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Edited by NanLaew