Fans prepare for Thaksin's birthday

webfact

Dear GK,

This is my personal reward for your stalward defence of the real PM of Thailand. It shows the class and sophistication of the benefactor and saviour of Thailand and the ASEAN region. Enjoy it while it is still available on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tRqn3K_hCc

edit: found one more gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF49H8E7TMo

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always amusing to hear the views on big T, even moreso when they're coming from non-Thai.

You do realize this is an expat forum? facepalm.gif

sorry, I should have mentioned that when living with thais 24/7 it's amusing to see another side from falang (you love that word, right? ), even if via aj internet forum - I forgot that sometimes things have to be typed in detail on thai visa. *facepalm*

"To celebrate his achievements" bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif width=19 alt=bah.gif>

Like robbing the country blind? Killing more 2500 people during his war on drugs? Making the country almost bankrupt, thanks to his ricescam? Sure his is a superhero!whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

On the menu for the party: Hitlers fried chicken?

Is your comment motivated by resentment or jealousy?

Or maybe political satire.

Is your comment made out of a strong belief that Dr. Thaksin is innocent, framed for the crime he was convicted of and unlikely to be convicted of the outstanding more serious charges? Or is it simply an expression of your latent feelings of class and social oppression aggravated by a total disdain for the democrats and Hiso elite which causes a inner will to want to believe the PTP propoganda machine and their version of history?

Perhaps you could share your idea of Dr, Thaksin's achivements?

Good point.

Hey g'kid, what's your take on the outstanding charges?

Are they all false charges, or what?

And perhaps you might like to answer with some specifics rather than the usual blanket 'politically motivated' comments.

Is your impression motivated by a secret desire to bestow such a celebration on the former PM?

Please note that as wonderful a suggestion as it may be, the former PM is a humble man, a man of the people. He would never agree to such a national holiday. Although, I could see his welcoming prayers at the wat for the benefit of the nation such is his love of Thailand.

the former PM is a humble man, a man of the people.

cheesy.gif

I think you're wub.png with the man.

Heck no. I just keep hoping he rings me up and says he's got a hot wealthy relative who's looking for a husband in the Hua Hin region. I did meet one lady from the Democrat camp who my friend fixed me up with. Talk about false advertising.

Thaksin came in handy as I mentioned that I thought he was a lovely fellow. I had no worries after that. On the other hand, big fail when I tried using my love of Thaksin with my close friend from Ubon. He comes from a solid red family, but he detests Thaksin and said if I ever mention Thaksin again he was going to demonstrate his physical combat training that he received for his deployment to the south. So that leaves TVF, where I need not worry about skinny little NCOs threatening me with indignities.

• Like 1

"To celebrate his achievements" bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif width=19 alt=bah.gif>

Like robbing the country blind? Killing more 2500 people during his war on drugs? Making the country almost bankrupt, thanks to his ricescam? Sure his is a superhero!whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Is your comment made out of a strong belief that Dr. Thaksin is innocent, framed for the crime he was convicted of and unlikely to be convicted of the outstanding more serious charges? Or is it simply an expression of your latent feelings of class and social oppression aggravated by a total disdain for the democrats and Hiso elite which causes a inner will to want to believe the PTP propoganda machine and their version of history?

Good point.

And perhaps you might like to answer with some specifics rather than the usual blanket 'politically motivated' comments.

The issue has been argued back and forth for years on TVF. We all know the arguments. It has become tedious and boring.

I don't think any rational foreigner who is gainfully occupied cares either way about Thaksin. Why should we? The big issues of corruption, pollution and intellectual paucity in Thailand continue whether Thaksin or Abhisit or General Hiso Snott is running the place. Change will come, but it will require some more time, perhaps 2-5 years more.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone would be jealous of Thaksin being able to order the extrajudicial killings (murders) of 2500 people. and that leading a nation to bankruptcy is a laudatory achievement. Do you admire Thaksin for these things GK?

the former PM is a humble man, a man of the people.

cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I think you're wub.png.pagespeed.ce.auE7ON7hrr.png alt=wub.png width=20 height=29> with the man.

Heck no. I just keep hoping he rings me up and says he's got a hot wealthy relative who's looking for a husband in the Hua Hin region. I did meet one lady from the Democrat camp who my friend fixed me up with. Talk about false advertising.

Thaksin came in handy as I mentioned that I thought he was a lovely fellow. I had no worries after that. On the other hand, big fail when I tried using my love of Thaksin with my close friend from Ubon. He comes from a solid red family, but he detests Thaksin and said if I ever mention Thaksin again he was going to demonstrate his physical combat training that he received for his deployment to the south. So that leaves TVF, where I need not worry about skinny little NCOs threatening me with indignities.

You could of course always ponder on why nobody else seems to be as infatuated with Thaksin as you are. We all have errors of judgement GK, maybe yours is that you love Thaksin whilst 98% of members on here abhor him and even a Thai red shirt threatened your life should you mention his name again. I guess you could be wrong or of course all the rest of us on here and your mad axe murder friend simply have never seen the light as to what a fine fellow Thaksin is. Now if I were a betting man I would put my money on the correct answer being.........rolleyes.gif

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

I am starting to get the impression that soon there may be a national holiday declared, with prayers at all wats, fireworks displays in major cities (no, not arson), parades by the miltary and processions of boats on the Chao Phraya river lead by

Chief Waterman Plodprasop himself.

All in the name of The Great Leader, Brother Number One, He Who Must Be Obeyed. Dr.Thaksin Shinawatra.

attachicon.gifThaksin_Shinawatra_2.jpg

Come on home Thaksin let the games begin.

Is your impression motivated by a secret desire to bestow such a celebration on the former PM?

Please note that as wonderful a suggestion as it may be, the former PM is a humble man, a man of the people. He would never agree to such a national holiday. Although, I could see his welcoming prayers at the wat for the benefit of the nation such is his love of Thailand.

HUMBLE:

1. Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
2. Showing deferential or submissive respect.
3. Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly.

Oh yeah, absolutely ... describes Thaksin to a "T" and should be his photo next to the word in the dictionary.

Edited by Dap

I admire GK's optimism in believing we may expect a change in Thailand's 'big issues of corruption, pollution and intellectual paucity' within 2-5 years.

Assuming he means an improvement I'd admire him even more if he could explain how.

"Thaksin is expected to phone in at the event and members of his family would be invited to participate."

I guess due to circumstances (minor things like the law for example) our PM will not be able to be present and possibly neither some government Ministers, Dept. Ministers. Such bother, laws.

I am starting to get the impression that soon there may be a national holiday declared, with prayers at all wats, fireworks displays in major cities (no, not arson), parades by the miltary and processions of boats on the Chao Phraya river lead by

All in the name of The Great Leader, Brother Number One, He Who Must Be Obeyed. Dr.Thaksin Shinawatra.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gThaksin_Shinawatra_2.jpg

He can't come home silly.

If he does he's a dead man.

You think so? Why would that be. He's much loved and admired here.rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

• Like 1

You think so? Why would that be. He's much loved and admired here.rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

You must reside in a different country then I do.

I have "liked" your comment not because I want to see Thaksin dead (although I came pretty close to "Like"ing some of the others), even if I think his death would do the country some good, but because that's exactly what I hear from the vast majority of Thais south of Chumphon..

• Like 1

Make the most of not celebrating this day while you still can. IMHO in a couple of years time, all will be forced to dress up, sing and dance NK style to celebrate the glorious occasion of our eternal brave leaders birthday.

No, you won't be forced.

As a Farang, you have the great opportunity to go back to your own country.

Of course you can still remain in Thailand if you so wish.

Do you know how lucky you are to have that choice ?

I have "liked" your comment not because I want to see Thaksin dead (although I came pretty close to "Like"ing some of the others), even if I think his death would do the country some good, but because that's exactly what I hear from the vast majority of Thais south of Chumphon..

Imagine that. I live south of Chumphon.........

Imagine that. I live south of Chumphon.........

And, I don't necessarily want to see him dead. I'm not like that being a Buddhist and all. I just think that if he were to return he would be killed.

• Like 1

Good point.

The issue has been argued back and forth for years on TVF. We all know the arguments. It has become tedious and boring.

I don't think any rational foreigner who is gainfully occupied cares either way about Thaksin. Why should we? The big issues of corruption, pollution and intellectual paucity in Thailand continue whether Thaksin or Abhisit or General Hiso Snott is running the place. Change will come, but it will require some more time, perhaps 2-5 years more.

Now you are really confusing me.

You seem to be concerned about Thaksin.

You defend him all the time.

So what is it are you not gainfully occupied or are you not a rational foreigner

Edited by hellodolly

You must reside in a different country then I do.

No, actually I reside hundreds of miles north of you, but have been on here long enough that some people on here might recognize that I was being facetious. Hence rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif .

Southern man, better keep your head. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

I admire GK's optimism in believing we may expect a change in Thailand's 'big issues of corruption, pollution and intellectual paucity' within 2-5 years.

Assuming he means an improvement I'd admire him even more if he could explain how.

Thailand is in a period of stasis waiting for the inevitable. No one can do anything until that change comes. Forum rules preclude me from being more specific.

Thailand is in a period of stasis waiting for the inevitable. No one can do anything until that change comes. Forum rules preclude me from being more specific.

Agreed. Why do you think such an emphasis has been placed on Mr. T's birthday? I can't think of too many other Thai people that have the same privilege.

That change could be like eternal, brother.

Edited by bigbamboo

The venomous comments against Thaksin are revealing, not of him but of the commentators. My guess is they are mainly farang on a limited income living very well in BKK [mainly] who don't wish the fun to end. Which it will because today the date is July 13, 1789 in Siam.

Thaksin is the most popular person in Thailand and fat fibrillating fearful falang can huff and puff all they wish, that fact ain't gonna go away.

The venomous comments against Thaksin are revealing, not of him but of the commentators. My guess is they are mainly farang on a limited income living very well in BKK [mainly] who don't wish the fun to end. Which it will because today the date is July 13, 1789 in Siam.

Thaksin is the most popular person in Thailand and fat fibrillating fearful falang can huff and puff all they wish, that fact ain't gonna go away.

Unfortunately Padova44, you are quite wrong.

The most popular person in Thailand is His Majesty the King not a craven, controlling, criminal continuously causing catastophic problems in the kingdom.

What has the storming of the Bastille on July 13th 1789 got to do with present day Thailand? Are you hinting at a revolution. Careful, you might lose your head along with the Labour Minister.rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Sorry to pick a nit but the Bastille wasn't stormed on July 13, 1789, and I certainly didn't say it was. To quote Clark Gable, "Tomorrow is another day".

Sorry July 14th 1789 and true, you didn't say that.

Nit pick accepted, but Rhett would be surprised about the statement about tomorrow, as I'm sure you know that was said by Scarlett. Fiddle dee dee..

• Like 1