Just want share what happend yesterday on my way to Pattaya! bad accident

mataleo

If I understand it, you attended an unconscious accident victim, saw another car coming at speed and had to jump clear and the victim was hit by the other car? That's terrible, but I don't think that rare.

Last year I heard an accident and found a guy in the road. Cars were squeezing through the narrow gap to get past him rather than stop. Fortunately, the police turned up and stopped the traffic before this guy was further injured. This was in London late at night btw.

Edited by tw25rw
  • Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you see a traffic accident in Thailand, you get away as fast as you can, or you could end up being blamed, the first thing Thais will do is try and find a way of getting money from you. This is not Thai bashing. It is fact.

Another urban myth originating from the barstools!coffee1.gif

Have you experienced it first hand?

It is not a myth that if you apply first aid and the victim dies that you can be held responsible for his death.

you are right , check this out ...IT IS NOT A MYTH ....

http://news.ninemsn....or-womans-death

• Like 1

Me and my wife "Look" too many Thai soap operas? I thought this was the English speaking Thai Visa forum????? Yes in my home Country you would have a problem for not assisting, but you are not in your home Country are you????? And what's this crap about filming stories on a mobile?

The crap is your attitude, let a child get possibly have brain damage for insufficient-impossible, breathing under water, because your partner says so.

If, the mother did not come back in time? The child would be dead, in coma or an idiot!

Anyway you are unreasonable in my opinion, so I let it be to educate you. Would not be possible and I let your other questions unanswered to! coffee1.gif

If you see a traffic accident in Thailand, you get away as fast as you can, or you could end up being blamed, the first thing Thais will do is try and find a way of getting money from you. This is not Thai bashing. It is fact.

To the OP - it is not a Thai thing to ignore others. I've seen the same in my country in cities where people collapsing on the pavement are ignored for hours by passersby.

--------------------------------------------

NONSENSE, what country are you from ? "ignored for HOURS " You thai apologists dont know when to stop

I in the past have helped farang when they have had an accident, but I'm not so sure that you should get involved with locals. One example is I was sat on the beach with my wife and a young Thai kid was playing in the sea near where we were sat. He seemed to fall over in the water and he was face down and not moving. I said to my wife that the kid was drowning and needed to help. She stopped me and said No I cant get involved. I said he's drowning he will die, and she said if you go over there and help and he does die you will get the blame for his death. Its a strange world we live in and we need to understand different countries cultural differences or we shouldn't be here. They're buddhist and they believe what will be will be. I believe the same rule applies in Singapore, help and it goes wrong and the finger is pointed at you. Fortunately for the kid his mother noticed and she picked him up by his ankle and literally shook the water out of his lungs and he was fine. Coughing and spluttering for a while but was OK.

Unbelievable. Dude, get rid of your missus.

• Like 1

I in the past have helped farang when they have had an accident, but I'm not so sure that you should get involved with locals. One example is I was sat on the beach with my wife and a young Thai kid was playing in the sea near where we were sat. He seemed to fall over in the water and he was face down and not moving. I said to my wife that the kid was drowning and needed to help. She stopped me and said No I cant get involved. I said he's drowning he will die, and she said if you go over there and help and he does die you will get the blame for his death. Its a strange world we live in and we need to understand different countries cultural differences or we shouldn't be here. They're buddhist and they believe what will be will be. I believe the same rule applies in Singapore, help and it goes wrong and the finger is pointed at you. Fortunately for the kid his mother noticed and she picked him up by his ankle and literally shook the water out of his lungs and he was fine. Coughing and spluttering for a while but was OK.

Time to shop for a new wife.....Anyone that would watch a child die, and advocate doing nothing has some serious issues. And you perhaps need to take a look at your internal compass if what she said made sense to you. You are lucky the child did not die, or you would have had nightmares the rest of your life.

Never said anyone would watch a child die, the mother saw and it was all over in a matter of seconds.

To the OP - it is not a Thai thing to ignore others. I've seen the same in my country in cities where people collapsing on the pavement are ignored for hours by passersby.

NONSENSE, what country are you from ? "ignored for HOURS " You thai apologists dont know when to stop

I think you'd be surprised.. If someone looks like they could be drunk or could reasonably be sleeping, people will tell themselves they are and do nothing. Of course a respectable looking old lady is different.

I think you'd be surprised.. If someone looks like they could be drunk or could reasonably be sleeping, people will tell themselves they are and do nothing. Of course a respectable looking old lady is different.

It is not a myth that if you apply first aid and the victim dies that you can be held responsible for his death.

Thankyou jbrain, you see, there you go, not a myth.

That's complete and utter rubbish.

If anyone ever feels they're living in a society where they've become so detached that they're incapable of common, humane behavior then it's time to consider making a move. (a big move, preferably.)

( And I just remembered why I rarely visit the General forum. sad.png )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Me and my wife "Look" too many Thai soap operas? I thought this was the English speaking Thai Visa forum????? Yes in my home Country you would have a problem for not assisting, but you are not in your home Country are you????? And what's this crap about filming stories on a mobile?

The crap is your attitude, let a child get possibly have brain damage for insufficient-impossible, breathing under water, because your partner says so.

If, the mother did not come back in time? The child would be dead, in coma or an idiot!

Anyway you are unreasonable in my opinion, so I let it be to educate you. Would not be possible and I let your other questions unanswered to! coffee1.gif

yeh my gf did not want me go help too, she yak yak

but i didnt listen her

what the f. she knows, just simple thai girl, i dont take life advices from her at all, although i love her :)

• Like 1

Good comments all around. Being a trained first responder enables a person to do more than just stand by and let precious minutes tick by. Consider taking a first aid class or learn basic CPR. It's amazing what you can do with a bit of training.

• Like 1

Falangs always at fault. I got hit on my motorbike by a Thai who ran a red light. He couldn't do a runner because his car was smashed up real bad in the front. As I lay in the intersection, the bib show up, all they wanted was me to say it was my fault. As I lay bleeding from the face, they didn't seem to care, wouldn't give me a hand up to get to the side of the road. The guy that hit me came over and collected me and helped me over to the side. He told the bib he ran the light and would take care of everything. They were visibly annoyed and took off . So in my case, the driver was a stand up guy to take responsibility. But the bib were <deleted>, couldn't get no cash off the Falang. So they lot interest. TIT

• Like 2

Falangs always at fault. I got hit on my motorbike by a Thai who ran a red light. He couldn't do a runner because his car was smashed up real bad in the front. As I lay in the intersection, the bib show up, all they wanted was me to say it was my fault. As I lay bleeding from the face, they didn't seem to care, wouldn't give me a hand up to get to the side of the road. The guy that hit me came over and collected me and helped me over to the side. He told the bib he ran the light and would take care of everything. They were visibly annoyed and took off . So in my case, the driver was a stand up guy to take responsibility. But the bib were <deleted>, couldn't get no cash off the Falang. So they lot interest. TIT

• Like 2

That's complete and utter rubbish.

If anyone ever feels they're living in a society where they've become so detached that they're incapable of common, humane behavior then it's time to consider making a move. (a big move, preferably.)

( And I just remembered why I rarely visit the General forum. sad.png )

It's not Bullshit, it is true, you have to be very careful.

Thankyou jbrain, you see, there you go, not a myth.

Very true.

I have experienced it twice in 10 years. Both times it happened within a few months though.

First time: Im sitting at a T junction in Hua Hin, waiting for a gap in traffic. The nose of my car is firmly behind the line and not protuding. A guy on a motorbike idles past at around 20KMH. He looks like he cant decide between turning left into my road or going straight and wobbles the bike, slips in a puddle and lands on his arse. Nothing major, just a grazed elbow. I get out of my truck, walk over to him (10 yards) help him up and dust him off. I go to get back into my car and he says "pai nai... wait for police'. I try to drive away, motocycle taxi dudes block me and wont let me move. MIB turn up, ask for 2000 baht. I say no, he laughs and says ok and drives away. Two more coppers come and take 'both sides' of the story. They say 2000 baht, and he is happy. I call the tourist police who arive and we all go to the station. I stood firm for 3 hours and eventualy got p1ssed off with sitting in the station. I took out 1000 baht, threw it at the guys feet and called him a dog, in Thai. he just laughed and picked up the money.

Second time: Two guys on a motorbike go flying past me while I am sitting at lights. They come off at speed, skidding down the road. My mate who was with me said "dont stop, remember what happened last time" to which i said "there is no way in hell anyone could corolate my involvment with two drunk kids who flew off there bike 25 yards from me. cut to the chase, they did. They proclaimed i nudged my nose out with made them jump and come off. This despite the fact that they were laughably far away and my car was in park. They wanted 10,000 baht. I said i would happily spend the rest of my life in prison to avoid being taken for an idiot again and off we all went to the station. There was cameras at the lights and I demanded they pull the footage as it would show i was just sitting in my car, stationary. They said the cameras dont work. 2 hours later its down to 5000 baht. Again, i pulled out 1000 baht, threw it at the kids feet and called them dogs. The police went nuts at this, and i went nuts back. Everyone lost there temper quite a bit untill a friendly trafic cop i know came in and defused the situation. I dont know what sort of rank the trafic cop commands as i only ever see him riding up and down beach road pulling people over for minor offences but he must have been a seargent or something as he gave me the 1000 baht back, said he was sorry about this, and told me to leave.

I just thought of a third time: Driving through Khon Kean with my ex gf. She is driving, I am passanger. Mum and Brother in the back seat. Young girl pulls out of knowehere and we smack her head on. She just sort of pulled out, seen us coming, and froze like a rabbit in headlights. She must have flown 20 feet before ending up in a ditch. Her bike was totaly wrote off. Everyone in the car just froze and I said "jesus christ get out and help her!" I dashed over to the ditch fully expecting her to be dead and to my amazment, she just had a split lip. A real NASTY split lip almost like someone took a surgeons knife and opened her lip from the bottom of her nose all the way down. She will definatley have a hair lip type scar for life and she was such a pretty thing i did feel so sad for her. Age 16, poor kid. I got her in the back of gf truck, sat with her in the open back and cradled her all the way to hospital while she sat in mute shock. Got to hospital, family come, insurance people come. We establish that she is not badly injured and trundle off to the cop shop. Witnesses are spoke with by the police who all say the girl just pulled out of a side road and drove straight into us, leaving us with no chance. Witnesses all state my gf was driving to the speed limit and driving carefully. Insurance people, without hesitation and after gathering all facts, sided with my gf. It was fully established by all parties that it was the kids fault. Despite this, me my ex gf and the kids family together with insurance guy sat in the cop shop while they ranted and raved about how there pretty girl is scared for life and they wanted compensating 150,000 baht. I must have said 1000 times "but its not our fault, its been established it is her wrong not ours" but it all fell on deaf ears.

The funny thing? I wasnt even farking driving - yet it was me they were tearing into for money.

I was actualy going to offer some help anyway. This kid was so sweet and pretty and i couldnt get it out of my head that If i hadnt have asked to drive up to KK from my gf's village, she would be a picture of health now and in some strange way, because of my decision to go KK, that girl was now scarred for life and whilst it was not my fault, i felt that i should help. As soon as they started asking for money, i took a whole different view and insisted i would give them fark all. I was just another ferang they wanted to stitch up. Even the insurance guy looked ashamed. Of course i did not hold firm as there is only a certain amount of time i can sit in a station for and so i pulled out 5,000 baht and said "i sware on the life of my father you will not get one single baht more from me so either take this, or take nothing". They refused, demanded 150,000. It went down to 100,000. Then 80,000. I just sat there and refused to speak to anyone. I was sitting on a chair for 2 more hours with 5,000 baht in my hand saying nothing at all. Eventualy the cop said to the family "look at him, the guy is never going to budge from 5,000. Just take it". They took it and gave me a mouthfull of abuse all the way out of the cop shop to there cars.

So it does happen.

These are fine examples of how screwed up this society can be sometimes.... That said, these events and hearing about them would not prevent me from assisting in an accident (If its not unsafe to do so).

I have dash-cam's on my car which would unequivocally exonerate me from any blame in such circumstances. I also have the added confidence of having a number of friends in the RTP and a well placed FIL who could back me up in the event someone decided to try it on.

I dont believe any of the above incidents are a 'blame the farang' type, I suspect they are simply a form of social welfare dished out by the police.. i.e. the wealthier party can afford to 'help out' the poorer party, who in the cases above are on the bike.

My FIL's driver killed a guy on a pushbike - He was cycling across a 6 lane highway without looking at the passing traffic. The sad part is that the guy on the pushbike was mentally disabled and should have been supervised. While I believe my FIL's driver was innocent as this accident was unavoidable, my FIL paid the family 50,000 baht as a form of compensation for their loss. I on the other hand believe the family of the mentally disabled guy should have been held responsible...

Accountability differs significantly between Thailand and our Western countries... it's often confusing and illogical and a little scary for those of us who worry about being on the wrong end of blame especially when innocent. A dash-cam can make a significant difference in most circumstances however, I'd advise anyone to get one.

Thanks for coming on and letting the other posters know about your experience. That is exactly what I mean.

In Pattaya perhaps - if you are a tourist.

I've known guys there to be hit by another car and end up paying!

In the real Thailand this wouldn't happen to me if I stopped to help someone.

However, it is often wise to 'flee the scene' if you have caused an accident, especially if you hit a m/c in your car. I don't mean deny responsibility but to deal with it later.

Good post Neeranam.

And your experience is ?

It is a fact,if your within sight of an accident ,the farang will get the blame. Once sat at traffic lights 3 idiots on a bike not interested in stopping at the the red light went ploughing on,hit by of all things a farang. Now every Thai within a million miles of the accident swore it was farangs fault,the only thing that saved him was my Thai GF shouting above all the Thai hecklers that it was the Thais fault. I told her if she did nothing for the farang I would dump her there and then. The Thais will try it on each and every event,seen it all too often

I think most posters realise that.

Actually its not an urban myth ,many years ago before i was married to my present wife i was with a girlfriend in a taxi ,we came upon an accident and my girlfriend wanted to take the guy to hospital ,the taxi driver refused point blank ,saying that he would get the blame. also a few years ago i was hit by a motorbike who tried to undertake as i was turning left ,well the outcome was they all tried to blame me and wanted money ,i refused and luckily had good insurance,so stood my ground ,so not always such an urban myth.

It's certainly no urban myth.

• Like 1

3. Don't move the victim unless you have some first aid training.

I would modify to say, "Don't move the victim unless you have has some advanced medical training or experience in trauma . For me (former U S Army medic with advanced training) it would be: If the victim cannot move himself, wait for professionals. If the victim can move himself, encourage him to do so very carefully.

Spinal injuries are really dangerous to move.

I think the first thing to do , if you notice someone unconscious in the middle of the road , would be to " protect " the scene of the accident from oncoming traffic, by placing one of those triangle shaped signals at some 50/100 meters from the victim.

Well, honestly, being in Thailand i am not sure that every car has one of those signals, but it's quite useful, and can save your life, in the case you have to change a flat tyre..

I parked my vehicle a few yards in front of the person on the road with my hazard lights flashing. However some cars still 'flew' past at speed, if i had not done this, they would have run right over her. Like a previous poster said, they do not see very far in front, or see the need to do so. facepalm.gif

DO NO HARM.

This information (below) is from Australia, but First Aid is pretty much universal. Many Urban Myths are based loosely around little known facts.

Everyone should do a First Aid Course. Even in 1st World Australia it is difficult to get people trained up in First Aid. Thailand is still emerging.

For me personally, learning and practising First Aid was compulsory in the Military from day 1, in fact it is a frequently tested subject included in every promotion step. From Recruit to SNCO.

My 3 Years validity ran out a long time ago, but In another (civilian) life, I was a First Aider, Trained, to (Australia) St John's Level 3. Their most advanced course, specifically designed for people employed as Occupational First Aiders and those aspiring to be employed as one. It covers Advanced First Aid as well as maintaining first aid equipment and resources. Entry to this course requires a current Senior First Aid certificate. This qualification remains current for three years, during which time an Occupational First Aid refresher course must be completed.

If things go wrong. In this highly litigious world we live in, whether or not you find yourself answering questions in a Coroners Court depends alot on your level of experience and training.

Example:

As a trained first aider some one comes to you and complains of a headache. No problem right? You hand them a couple of Paracetamol Caps and send them on their way. Later they are found dead. Bugger! Bleeding on the brain!

Prior to 'Issuing' Medication - Did you ask the deceased whether or not they had sustained any form of head injury within the past 48 hours? (even just a slight bump) Did you ask the deceased whether or not he/she was allergic to paracetamol? If not, you may well find yourself answering a Coroner's questions. Extreme? Maybe.

Whilst I was still a 'current' first aider, I used to get customers in my restaurant sometimes ask me for paracetamol. They did not think I was serious when I first asked them the basic (above) questions. I actually stopped keeping paracetamol on the premises.

Everyone should learn basic first aid. It should be taught in schools.

The main aims of first aid are to:

1. Preserve life – This includes the life of the casualty, bystander and rescuer.

2. Protect the casualty from further harm – Ensure the scene is safe.

3. Provide pain relief – This could include the use of ice packs or simply applying a sling.

4. Prevent the injury or illness from becoming worse – Ensure the treatment you provide does not make the condition worse.

5. Provide reassurance

It is important to understand that first aid has its limitations and does not take the place of professional medical treatment.

Legal Issues in First Aid (Australia)

The information in this chapter is a guide only. It is provided to help first aiders understand the potential legal consequences of becoming involved in an incident. You should seek your own independent legal advice if you have any specific questions about legal issues associated with first aid procedures or become involved in legal action.

There are four main legal considerations relating to first aid:

•Duty of Care (your obligation)
•Negligence
•Consent
•Recording

Duty of care

“Duty of care” describes the legal duty owed by one person to another to act in a certain way. As a first aider, you have a duty of care towards your casualties to exercise reasonable care and skill in providing first aid treatment. The duty arises because you have knowledge and skills relevant to a medical emergency situation.

If you choose to provide first aid assistance, you have a duty to use your knowledge and skills in a responsible way.

The common law does not impose an automatic duty on first aiders to go to the aid of every casualty they come across. However, first aiders do have a duty to provide first aid assistance if they have voluntarily taken on that role. For example, a nominated first aid officer in a workplace owes a duty of care to assist another person in that workplace.

Legislation can also impose a duty of care. For instance, legislation in some States says staff in child care centres must provide medical aid to a child who becomes ill or is injured. In the Northern Territory, the Criminal Code makes it a criminal offence, for a person who is able to do so, to ‘callously fail’ to provide first aid to a person urgently in need and whose life may be endangered. The penalty is up to seven years imprisonment.

Once you start first aid treatment of a casualty you do take on a duty of care to provide first aid with reasonable skill and care and ensure your actions do not increase the risk to the casualty. You should continue to provide first aid once this treatment has begun, until:

•The scene becomes unsafe
•Another trained first aider arrives and takes over
•Qualified help arrives and takes over
•The casualty shows signs of recovery
•You become physically unable to continue

Various Australian States and Territories (excluding Queensland and Tasmania) exclude from liability a person where, in an emergency, they help a person who is or risks being, injured. Such protection from civil liability for an act or omission exists as long as:

•The person rendering assistance does so in good faith (that is, acting honestly, without fraud, collusion, or participation in any wrongdoing);
•The person's action was without expectation of reward or payment;
•The person was not responsible for the injury in relation to which the assistance was provided;
•The person's capacity to exercise reasonable care and skill was not significantly impaired by being under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
•The person exercises reasonable care and skill; and
•The person does not impersonate a health care or emergency services worker or a police officer or otherwise falsely represents that he or she has skills or expertise in connection with the rendering of emergency assistance.

In addition, each Australian jurisdiction has legislation that provides protection for volunteers of charitable, religious, educational and benevolent community organisations. Such volunteers are protected from civil liability for acts or omissions made or done in good faith within the scope of the activities organised by the community organisation.

The protection does not extend to damage caused by the volunteer’s criminal conduct or impairment of the volunteer’s ability by alcohol or drugs.

Negligence

In the unlikely event that a first aider is sued in connection with providing first aid assistance, the courts would look at the circumstances surrounding the event to see if the first aider acted negligently in the way the first aid was provided. The following factors must all be present for a first aider to be found negligent:

1. A duty of care existed between the first aider and the casualty.

2. The first aider did not exercise reasonable care and skill in providing the first aid.

3. The first aider breached the relevant standard of care.

4. The casualty sustained damage as a result of an act or omission of the first aider.

A first aider is not considered a ‘professional’ in most cases. A court would look at the first aider’s training and at what a prudent and reasonable person would have done with the same level of training in the same circumstances.

Because encouraging people to assist others is in the public interest, it is likely the Australian courts would only see first aiders as liable if it can be shown their behaviour was grossly negligent and would take into account all the circumstances of the event.

The court may examine issues to establish whether the first aider exercised reasonable care, such as:
•What was the first aider's level of knowledge?

•What information was available for the first aider, including:
◦was adequate questioning used?
◦was a thorough examination of the casualty undertaken?
◦were all the facts available taken into account?
•Were accepted first aid procedures complied with?
•What were the circumstances in which the first aider provided assistance?

Example:

A first aider gives cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to a casualty in cardiac arrest. During this CPR a rib is broken. The resuscitation is successful and after the event, the casualty decides to sue for the rib injury.

The court would look at the facts and may decide that:

•It is reasonable to expect a first aider might break a casualty’s rib while delivering CPR to save the casualty’s life
•The first aider acted with reasonable care and skill
•The first aider was not negligent in providing CPR in this way
•The outcome for the casualty of not performing CPR could have been far worse than suffering a broken rib

Consent

Before you start treating a casualty you should ask for and receive the casualty’s consent for your treatment. If the casualty is unconscious or is unable to give consent due to their injuries, you can assume consent and start treatment. If the casualty is under 18 years old, then you should seek consent from a parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian is not present, you can start treatment.

You should not start treatment if an adult, who seems of sound mind and able to make a decision, refuses your offer of treatment.

You only have the casualty’s consent to treat them for a condition that affects their immediate health. You should not provide help for any ailment that goes beyond your knowledge of first aid.

Recording

First aiders should always make notes or fill out a casualty report for any event attended, no matter how minor. Proper records will help you to recall the incident if you are ever asked about it at a later stage.

The responsibility is greater if you have a role as a first aider in your workplace and you may have reporting obligations under your State or Territory occupational health and safety (OH&S) legislation. You can check this with your workplace OH&S representative.

Records may be used in a court, so ensure your reports or notes are legible, accurate, factual, contain all relevant information and are based on observations rather than opinions.

I in the past have helped farang when they have had an accident, but I'm not so sure that you should get involved with locals. One example is I was sat on the beach with my wife and a young Thai kid was playing in the sea near where we were sat. He seemed to fall over in the water and he was face down and not moving. I said to my wife that the kid was drowning and needed to help. She stopped me and said No I can't get involved. I said he's drowning he will die, and she said if you go over there and help and he does die you will get the blame for his death. Its a strange world we live in and we need to understand different countries cultural differences or we shouldn't be here. They're buddhist and they believe what will be will be. I believe the same rule applies in Singapore, help and it goes wrong and the finger is pointed at you. Fortunately for the kid his mother noticed and she picked him up by his ankle and literally shook the water out of his lungs and he was fine. Coughing and spluttering for a while but was OK.

Time to shop for a new wife.....Anyone that would watch a child die, and advocate doing nothing has some serious issues. And you perhaps need to take a look at your internal compass if what she said made sense to you. You are lucky the child did not die, or you would have had nightmares the rest of your life.

I never said I was going to watch a child die. I said I saw a kid drowning and his mother went and picked him out of the sea. This all happened in a matter of seconds.

OLD SAYING ! when in a deep hole..........stop digging!

• Like 1

Neeranam...........I have known guys hit by another car and end up paying !

This happened to me at song kran. I was waiting for green light, driver who had been drinking ran into back of me causing Bht140.000 damage to me . Also damage to car in front of me. The driver who caused it just backed out and drove off, i gave his number and car details. Police did not want to know as i have insurance to pay for both cars. I even know where drunk driver lives, but they just say "You have insurance"

Of course my insurance co., will make me pay more next year.

Lazy buggers are Samui police !

I think the first thing to do , if you notice someone unconscious in the middle of the road , would be to " protect " the scene of the accident from oncoming traffic, by placing one of those triangle shaped signals at some 50/100 meters from the victim.

Well, honestly, being in Thailand i am not sure that every car has one of those signals, but it's quite useful, and can save your life, in the case you have to change a flat tyre..

I have been on the scene of one such accident (was a direct witness of a guy jaywalking across the highway and getting turned into mincemeat by an 18-wheeler). I got down and placed the safety triangle ahead of the body to warn oncoming traffic. Unfortunately the guy was dead and nothing could be done at all for him, but I warned oncoming traffic, then later reported to the police at the scene.

I had to search a lot for these safety kits, as no car in Thailand is provided with them. They are however sold for a cheap price at Tesco Lotus.

I also have a fluorescent jacket and torchlight in my car, as would be the case in Europe.

Side remark: there were several cars and trucks that witnessed the accident. None stopped except me.

The endless barrage of barstool myths being spewed on this forum would be amusing if it wasn't for the fact that this time it is horrible and inhuman advice.

KEEP YOUR BARSTOOL CRAP IN THE BARS PLEASE.

• Like 2