Transporting Valued Goods in Thailand

EnigmaBurn

Hello all! Living, traveling and mildly working throughout Thailand makes me think should know this one, but I thought it would be best to seek this communities experiences and expertise on the subject of shipping goods, and doing it well.

Consider this: I have a nice street bike of decent quality and value. In recent weeks it has become clearer that I should probably relocate it from Petchaburi down to Krabi for business use or outright sale. Looking into shipping it I have thus far found unsettling. First and foremost the general transport in the back of a pick-up or even in some make-shift Thai trailer are worrisome. This is due mostly to haphazard shipping, safety and overall getting it there undamaged.

Does anyone have any recommendations for shipping a decent size street bike safely and cost effectively?

Some of the more decent shipping options seem a bit expensive. I have my own nice SUV, and while I already don't like the idea of even shipping in a pick-up, my options are nil as far as stuffing it into a semi-fancy-family oriented SUV. smile.png

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Only issue IMHO, is that you can insure for accident, lost etc etc for 2000 thb extra for Max 200,000thb value and if u have big bike this can eventually be a gamble.. But again bike arrived perfectly safe and on time...

"safely and cost effectively". Good and cheap do not go hand in hand. In the company I work for I get daily requests similar to yours and I always advise to look for a cheap local company as nobody wants to pay the price for a quality service....until their gear (bikes, cars, household goods) are smashed to pieces, lost or otherwise.

So, the answer to your questions is No.