Mum calls off Phuket search for missing American Brett Bean

webfact

So he doesn't have to report where he is staying every night to immigration like all other foreigners?

Wait, what... I'm meant to report every night where I'm staying?

Genuinely, is that meant to be a thing? I've lived here five or six years and never heard of that.

It's the law - all foreigners must be registered by the 'housemaster' to immigration, even for just one night. Read this topic ---> http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/644671-phuket-crackdown-on-foreign-guest-reporting-pays-off/

• Like 1

A strange story with perhaps a few pieces of the jigsaw missing.

It's his life and I guess he can do what he wants with it.

Reminds me of stories of people being influenced by quasi-religious sects and just leaving their past behind.

It's been tough on his parents regardless.

Hopefully they will not go through any more torture.

• Like 1

I still dont understand that, if he has been in touch with his parents ( after all the worry they have been through ) Why could he not give them more information such as WHERE HE IS !!

So he doesn't have to report where he is staying every night to immigration like all other foreigners?

Who says he is in Thailand?

BTW, foreigners do not have to report to immigration where they are staying, that is the responsibility of the accommodation.

Really? Doesn't immigration ask where you will be staying when you arrive, and if you have a long-term visa, are you not supposed to report your whereabouts every 90 days?

BTW, foreigners do not have to report to immigration where they are staying, that is the responsibility of the accommodation.

Really? Doesn't immigration ask where you will be staying when you arrive, and if you have a long-term visa, are you not supposed to report your whereabouts every 90 days?

The question was 'So he doesn't have to report where he is staying every night to immigration'. The answer to that question is: 'no, no foreigner has to report where he is staying every night'.

Your comments 'immigration form on arrival and 90 days report' have nothing to do with 'every night report'.

For Brett, it sounds like it is all about Brett.

I agree and if I see him I'll tell him that. He couldn't have gone too far without his passport wink.png

Wait, what... I'm meant to report every night where I'm staying?

Genuinely, is that meant to be a thing? I've lived here five or six years and never heard of that.

According to my missus, she is the only one I have to report my whereabouts to, not Immigration. biggrin.png

Seems like mr Bean is happy

stop his ATM account, if he is alive the family will get a response. if indeed he is alive shows a contempt for his loved ones.

It would seem that in order for this atm account to work, that he has been calling his bank to keep it activated. I had to call my bank 4 times last year, as I get "flagged" on a regular basis. He must really have a big communication problem with his friends and family to have avoided contacting them. This story just leaves too much to the imagination... Anyway, it looks like it has been resolved and the mom does not desire to give out any information.

The question was 'So he doesn't have to report where he is staying every night to immigration'. The answer to that question is: 'no, no foreigner has to report where he is staying every night'.

Your comments 'immigration form on arrival and 90 days report' have nothing to do with 'every night report'.

Your answer says, "BTW, foreigners do not have to report to immigration where they are staying, that is the responsibility of the accommodation." I might add, if you change addresses, your are supposed to report.

• 9 months later...

According to another news source that can't be mentioned, this guy showed up in California on or about May 9. No information as to his whereabouts for the past year and a half.