Postal v Courier Service - Uk to Thailand

jack244

Afternoon all,

I need to have some important papers sent from the UK, I am willing to spend whatever it takes, airmail etc and ensure end to end tracking. These cannot go missing, they are irreplaceable. I have an address (Hotel) in Samui and a Thai National willing to take delivery.

I have seen the UK Post Office etc, but am just trying to gauge the efficiency of any service that anyone has used. There seem to be a few operators in the UK waiting to take my cash.... Anyone any suggestions or good/bad experience?

Thanks again....

last year I had an important small parcel sent to jomtien from the uk ,the firm my daughter used was

interparcel 08719 112113 it arrived safely within a few days, and I noticed DHL were the carriers

cost £20, but for a few bob more they might do tracking.if that's what you want.

Thanks all for responding.

My Mission - To make this happen.

I have found that, on Samui there are agents operating for UPS, FedEX, TNT and DHL. I called all and visited all. The worst was UPS who couldn't speak a word of English, even their BKK office couldn't confirm they did an express service to Samui. DHL was awash out with reports of delays etc. FedEx and TNT seemed on the ball.

I have gone with Interparcel UK, and for 32 quid (pricey but assured) I have a large A4 envelope service with FedEx, door to door, with a delivery estimate standing at 4 days from collection in UK. All trackable via Interparcel's Website.

I will confirm the service when I receive the documents.

Thanks again for guidance.

"These cannot go missing, they are irreplaceable" means: FedEx/UPS/DHL

Agreed. These are documents, so there are no tax/duty considerations that might otherwise make the post office option attractive.

more the irreplaceable. The post is good, but something get missing. At the express service there is less. Irreplaceable means that the costs don't matter.

Hey All,

FedEX Worked from UK to Koh Samui. Tracked all the way to Bangkok, then Kerry Logistics and FedEx called to advise of delivery. The delivery took place today, door to door. Documents safe....phew....

I was taxed by the Thai authorities, 200.81thb.

I spoke to the Kerry Logistics guy, he tells me they service Samui for many agencies. He was on the ball, vehicle in good condition, so overall well happy.

Next week sending package from UK to here. Thanks for all your help, Parcelmonkey.uk and Interparcel.uk are sound.

Additional...

FedEx do not update the online tracker once the package is transferred to another courier, my update came the day after delivery.

I felt assured though, I had the contact numbers for both FedEx and Kerry Logistics, I simply called them for updates.

Delivery was 6 hours before the FedEx deadline.