Modest Hotel One Week With Pool

gk10002000

I have been to Thailand several times. I have stayed in Bangkok a few times. I spent a a few nights at the Nana hotel (hey it was convenient, near the BTS and I could find it at night). I also stayed for 5 nights at the Suan Dusit. That hotel was supposedly run by the university students. Anyway, I will be heading to Thailand in August. I have a list of things I want to see that are all over the city, china town, Wat arun, a river cruise, chattachuk market, Lumpini, National museum, etc. I am in no hurry to get around. I love the skytrain. I even figured out one of the local AC bus routes once. I would like a place somewhere near a BTS Skytrain station, maybe 1/2 mile walk or so. Really want a pool. I am thinking some place similar to the Flipper Lodge in Pattaya, but a bit cheaper if possible. The location itself, North South East or West isn't a big deal as I plan to go all over the city. I plan to hang out for probably 10 days +/- a few days, before heading out to other parts of the country such as Krabi to chill. I travel light. A simple carryon/backpack type of luggage

Thanks

You might check out Amora Neoluxe Suites on Soi 31 Sukhumvit Road. I have stayed there and liked it. It's a fairly new hotel, and nice and clean. Staff was friendly and professional.

If you are a techno-geek you will love the computer desk setup. It has a connection panel with power outlet, LAN and telephone jacks, and multiple connections (VGA, USB, HDMI, and other types)to the large flat-screen TV. I took a three-day trip to Kanchanaburi and Amora Neolux stored my large suitcase for me, no problem.

They do have a small pool. They also have a small fitness room with treadmill, stationary bike, eliptical machine, several resistance machines, two benches, and a rack of light to medium dumbbells. The room also has a safe to store your valuables. The included buffet breakfast did have a not a huge selection but was tasty and satisfied me.

You are a short walk to Sukhumvit Road with plenty of restaurants, pubs, and shops. If you take a left on hitting Sukhumvit a short walk brings you to Villa Supermarket where you can plenty of western type food and drink. (Much cheaper than the minibar prices). You are also approx equal distance (around 500m) from the Phrom Phong and Asok BTS stations. Also right next to the Asok BTS station is the Sukhumvit MRT subway station.

If you don't plan on staying in your room very much, another hotel that I have stayed (for two nights) is the S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel at 403 Sukhumvit Road (Asoke Intersection). Clean and everything works. No pool though. The standard rooms are a bit small and it's a little more expensive than the Amora Neoluxe. The big plus for this hotel is that it is literally right next to the Asoke BTS station and the Sukhumvit MRT station. So traveling around the city and back to the hotel is easy. Agoda has the standard room for 1717 baht right now.

Edited by Baloo22

Honey Hotel Suk soi 19

This place has a puddle...not a pool really. Rooms are umm...functional...I wouldn't have stayed a second night.

Concur ref the swimming pool(?).

You should have checked into the deluxe suites on the ground floor adjacent to the car park (LOL).

Jasmine executive suites soi23 sukhumvit. Next to cowboy. Check Agoda or another is Citadines23 next to cowboy also. I've stayed in both and both nicely priced, comfy and have pools.

Agoda or booking.com will let you put in the price, area etc & give you a good range but I have been given realyl good personal reviews for Rambuttri inn behind KS Road, it has nice functional rooms, not basic but not luxury either with a really good pool.

Not near a bts of course but 5min walk to the facilities in KS road. I'm staying here for a couple of nights in october so will be abel to personally reveiew, I don't need the nightlife (dragging a 6yo around with you somewhat cramps your partying abilities) but I do like being near the shops & bars.

Also cheap to get on a tuktuk or taxi boat to go into the city.

Honey Hotel Suk soi 19

This place has a puddle...not a pool really. Rooms are umm...functional...I wouldn't have stayed a second night.

He did say modest, and close to BTS/MRT biggrin.png

• Like 1

Addendum. I would like to keep it down to around 1000 Baht per night for the two weeks in Bangkok, 1200 is doable too. Not really needing much fancy. A decent pool.

Thanks to the replies so far. Much appreciated. My current contract ends Aug 2, tomorrow! yippee. Drive back home, park the car, book my premium elite class big comfy seat on EVA air, and off I go. Assuming I can upgrade from coach. EVA recently greatly increased the price for those seats. If I have to, I will go coach. I have trouble justifying paying $900 more for a seat. Even though the space is heaven, makes the flight enjoyable, sleep better, no waiting at check-in, etc.

Jasmine Resort Hotel next to Phr Khanong BTS.. You can get good rooms from about 1500b a night and theres a pool & gym etc. And there's a Maxvalu next door with a highly desireable AEON atm inside...