How Does Evryone Get By!

bbigman21

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Islington Can-sil mate...Can-sil...but need a pay rise to pay for all of these extra taxes that Thai Airways keep imposing on us to fly to the weekend cottage in Chiang mai....(now down to only 2-3 times a year :o )

Incid ..weather nice here this morning...about 10 degrees C and a fresh breeze blowing (in compari to Bangers & Chianger last week...wheee) :D

Afraid thats why so many of us are still working in places like over "ere .

There are jobs in LOS that you can get by with....teaching ...ducking and diving etc but unless you have a good pension (signs of all those OLD boys)or are running your own (joint) business or are working with an international company and are on a decent screw...where is the fun after the 2 week jolli is over.

I might ..one day finally make the decision to go for the semi retirement bit..cant imagine not working...but I sure as hello dont intend to sit around and just enjoy the sunshine all day.

To me it makes sense to hang on to your (paid up-rent it out )gaff in the UK-EU-US,have a least a house/condo/lump of land in say both Bangers and C.M and maybe a a wee weekend doss house in Patti-hua Hin or whereabouts to save the hassle of booking in to hotels..

A set of wheels is essential preferably a Fortuner to swan around in a and a new 4 door VIGO for the hired help to drop you off at the pub in the evening.

Also apart from the 400 k you need in the in the bank ..if hitched.. you also dont really want any bills-mortgages-etc to give you a sore head and all/any of your spare dosh can be spent travelling on NOK Air to visit all the nice boozers in Hanoi-Singers-Hong Kong -Saigon-K.L.-Sydney-Yoko Hama-Shanghai...etc...as well as maybe a spot of ski-ing in the height of summer ....(say Andorra -mai peng) :o

I can get a house in Thailand easy from my future father inlaw easy as he is a big time developer, but i just dont know what job i can do over there apart from owning my own business, but if that goes sour i dont wanna be no english teacher.

There must be a job somewhere for us foreigners with decent pay.

what about working at a bar??

I would like to be a policeman but i dont like studying.

I was just wondering what people do for a living. I know this had been covered a little bit. I am just trying to get some idea of how many are retired and how many are still working. Have a good one. :D

I am thinking everyday. every sunny day from 6 to 18. And in night i am doing :o

I can get a house in Thailand easy from my future father inlaw easy as he is a big time developer, but i just dont know what job i can do over there apart from owning my own business, but if that goes sour i dont wanna be no english teacher.

Don't like studying, Don't "wanna be no english teacher", and want to work in a bar to make decent pay? :o

Ummmm..Good luck youngman! You're going to need it.

Don't like studying, Don't "wanna be no english teacher", and want to work in a bar to make decent pay? :o

thanks.

Well i guess studying for a policeman wont be hard. Plus I can make good money if I really want to from it

Don't like studying, Don't "wanna be no english teacher", and want to work in a bar to make decent pay? :D

thanks.

Well i guess studying for a policeman wont be hard. Plus I can make good money if I really want to from it

Except that I believe you have to be a Thai national to be a policeman here......not like New Zealand who have just "imported" 100 British coppers bringing a "collective 1000 years of policing experience to NZ" :o

EDIT: I forgot to add that I work in IT for an international company :D pay isn't western standard but is more than enough for me to own my own house (through my gf of course and yes I am aware of the risks), a nice shiny new car and still have plenty of change left at the end of each month :D

Edited by moonoi

I am a civil servant in HK. And my main job is to make sure the chairs and beds in my office do not get stolen or blown away.

Don't you have security cameras for larger items? It's the little things you need to keep an eye on. At my first workplace, pens would go missing should you be fool enough to leave one lying around. At my second workplace, it was calculators. I wonder what the lucky item will be in the next workplace I choose to enter.

I was just wondering what people do for a living. I know this had been covered a little bit. I am just trying to get some idea of how many are retired and how many are still working. Have a good one. :o

Gynaecology Soi 6 Pattaya.

Sorry thats a past time.

Real job, Oil field trash, Russia

Consultant Engineer (or is that Engineering Consultant) to the Mass-Transit industry (rail, bus etc.).

Current state of local politics and the mega-projects means that I'm twiddling my thumbs more than twiddling my computer. May have to go to Dubai, Bucharest or (heaven forbid) Taipei to keep the wolves (and bank) from the door :o

Gizza job, I can do that!!

I live and work here since january 2002.

Obviously ,with regards on how I destroy english language, I can not teach (even if I helped in Issan country), obviously also all position as pimp is nana are full and I had to find something else.

I work remote for some US based companies that outsources to me some coding to do.

I also have a micro company, not for the visa, but simply as I am french I can not imagine to live in a country and not participate to the improvement of the country wealth (I use MRT, BTS, Bus, walking street, it's was basically investment made with tax money, so I me too pay taxes).

My earning are the same as the basic english teacher, I work almost 18 hours a day 6 days a week, and I consider myself happy and lucky, in 4 years I witnessed planes full of people loaded with dreams and money arriving here, and going back home with dreams broken and wallet empty after some few month. I am still here, I do what l love the most, I found a nice gf that is always on my side even when money is rare and I still have hope, dreams and my wallet is never really empty (not really have the time to spend my money, so I have sometimes to ask the gf to do it for me).

Professionaly, thailand is like any other country, maybe like USA just after WWII. If you are tedious, work hard, if you are focused on your goal, then you will see luck appear several times. But it's so hard to be focuse when thousand of foxies are out, hard to work hard when beer is cold and girls warms, hard to be tedious when it's songkarn, newyears day, or simply when we can simply sit or play pool. Hard also, and trully harder than in europe, to be reconised as a professional due the huge amount of clueless people pretending to be professional (true in IT, true in teching, true in many fields). It explain why I choosed to work for outsourcing socities, they need programs, but do not claim I am numb in IT because I am not able to type correctly in australian english (problem I got with local clients).

Eventually I am french, so australlian english or american english ..... color, colour ... for me it's couleur and that is lol

Edited by sting01