Protein

walterbkk

Hi where can I find protein supplement usually used by body builders or sportmen in BKK, I heard that Amway make a good one but I dont know any Amway dealer here. I would like to get a quality ones.

Also what is the steroid used by High school athletes applied on skin not injected ? are they available in bangkok?

try GNC - found it most large shopping centres - they do a bodybuilding range. First and second tuesdays of every month get a 20% discount and if you are a member (500 baht) then you get 10% whenever..

I have been told that many steroids are available over the counter in Thai chemists. I don't know if this is true or not.

As far as I have seen GNC is the best place for supplements, as the previous poster said. The prices seem to be very high to me, at least compared to UK. I have been looking for a creatine product, but it seems so expensive here that I haven't bothered yet.

As the other posters mentioned, GNC would be a good choice but quite expensive. I looked at a tin of Protein power a few years ago and was around 1800B. You can see what they have to offer and prices here:

http://www.gnc.co.th/product/bycategory.html

Couldn't find protein power listed though they have creatine powder. Also may go to a fitness center and see what they have. For those not familar with creatine here is a site, though probably somewhat biased:

http://www.muscleblitz.com/creatine_research.htm

Edited by tywais

Walter,

there is another treat about protein from me, search for it....

steroids, is banned in that forum, but search the internet, and ask pharmacies in pattaya, BKK. Don´t be shy, there are so many tell "I want muscle mag mag, big big" and some give you :o

Hi where can I find protein supplement usually used by body builders or sportmen in BKK, I heard that Amway make a good one but I dont know any Amway dealer here. I would like to get a quality ones.

Also what is the steroid used by High school athletes applied on skin not injected ? are they available in bangkok?

what exactly are you trying to achieve with the protein supplements?

I am guessing him want to be big big same Arnie Guvanator. Lotsa protein is one of the keys to that.

GNC worth a visit; AFAIK the creams you put on skin do nothing; I strongly recommend against using anything injected, but that is what the bodybuilders are using. I assume growth hormone and insolin are freely available here as they are legal in USA on prescription; again use with extreme caution; take a look at the top body builders these days and you'll see these huge distended stomachs from all the drugs and allegedly due to the internal organs growing from GH.

Unless you are already well huge, then just decent diet and working out hard is enough for sure; GNC protein is not bad stuff.

Gouvenator :o

that is not protein, that is steroids.

He is Austrian and most of us see him as a shame of the country, but well the last idiot we exported got dictator of germany, maybe we should keep our idiots...

what exactly are you trying to achieve with the protein supplements?

I am guessing him want to be big big same Arnie Guvanator. Lotsa protein is one of the keys to that.

GNC worth a visit; AFAIK the creams you put on skin do nothing; I strongly recommend against using anything injected, but that is what the bodybuilders are using. I assume growth hormone and insolin are freely available here as they are legal in USA on prescription; again use with extreme caution; take a look at the top body builders these days and you'll see these huge distended stomachs from all the drugs and allegedly due to the internal organs growing from GH.

Unless you are already well huge, then just decent diet and working out hard is enough for sure; GNC protein is not bad stuff.

• 1 year later...

in my experience, the best way to find whey protein... is to go to a small non-chain gym. often the guys that go there, once they know you, can hook you up with legitimate imported products at prices far less than what GNC will rip you off for.

for example, i typically get Optimum Nutrition (import from USA)...10 pound size for about 4000 baht.

• 2 months later...

Please see pinned notice regarding "performance enhancing" drugs. Not to be discussed on TV.

Also not good for your health.

Protein supplements, no problem, available at Amway, GNC etc, also many pharmacies. Might also try kiosks on 3rd floor of MBK.

Gouvenator :D

that is not protein, that is steroids.

He is Austrian and most of us see him as a shame of the country, but well the last idiot we exported got dictator of germany, maybe we should keep our idiots...

wo's du recht host Bua do host wirkli recht! :o

• 5 months later...

What a bargain GNC is at only 3 to 5 times the price in the USA for the same product. :o

Before I was using a non-fat dried milk powder made in Thailand. At only B125-140 per 700g it was a bargain even if not as good as a true whey isolate. Sadly the stores where I am have stopped stocking. Made by Mission Health.

in my experience, the best way to find whey protein... is to go to a small non-chain gym. often the guys that go there, once they know you, can hook you up with legitimate imported products at prices far less than what GNC will rip you off for.

for example, i typically get Optimum Nutrition (import from USA)...10 pound size for about 4000 baht.

That's too much. $$$$

eat lots of fish, cheap in thailand. :o

for supplement there are many types.

Whey is best fastest absorbable highest bio availability. Whey has many kinds and they differ on process and price eg concentrate, isolate, mixture, ionised etc etc

You can use GNC, allthewhey, optimum or anything else.

Then you have other things like egg white or soy.

The cream/gel might be testosterone topically applied. Usually its used for people with hormone replacement theraphy etc and not very effective except for hormone replacement theraphy doses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I purchased today a 20 kg bag of instantized whey protein ( no flavor ),if anyone want to share a few kg at 1000 Bht/kg you can send me pm.Expiry date from the protein is 27/10/2009.

How much was the whole bag? Where from?

I purchased today a 20 kg bag of instantized whey protein ( no flavor ),if anyone want to share a few kg at 1000 Bht/kg you can send me pm.Expiry date from the protein is 27/10/2009.

I think it isn't important how much the whole bag was as I took the hassle to get it into thailand from hilmar USA.I only sell half of the bag as I don't have a protein business just try to keep my supply as fresh as possible.I also think the price of 1000 bht/kg is affordable,don't think you can find it at this price anywhere in thailand.And if someone interested in the whole 10 kg I can do a little discount.Oh by the way don't mention thaisupplements,I have contacted them and the protein they sell is manufactured may 2006 so over expiry date already.

Edited by basjke

I think it isn't important how much the whole bag was as I took the hassle to get it into thailand from hilmar USA.I only sell half of the bag as I don't have a protein business just try to keep my supply as fresh as possible.I also think the price of 1000 bht/kg is affordable,don't think you can find it at this price anywhere in thailand.And if someone interested in the whole 10 kg I can do a little discount.Oh by the way don't mention thaisupplements,I have contacted them and the protein they sell is manufactured may 2006 so over expiry date already.

ok. Thought you might have bought it locally. I am after a whole bag and thai sports supplements said they have some fresh WPC so might give it a go.

• 1 year later...

Tired of the bad whey protein sold in BKK, optimum and GNC brands, I imported some high quality protein. 4 pounds of Nitrotech Hardcore, 64 servings per container, 3600 baht. Its expensive, but still cheaper than GNC. Its more expensive than Optimum Nutrition, but you get what you pay for.

Send a reply if you want to buy. 3600 baht

• 1 month later...

If you are looking around the 3k range, try the Musashi Whey Isolate. It is imported by a local company here and if you e-mail them and buy couple of tubs it is available at wholesale from www.thaisupplements.com

Seriously good stuff - 90% protein with added aminos. Bit pricey for me still so I use the large unflavoured 20kg bags. 13 or 14k for WPC and 17k for WPI. On a per kilo basis that is the best price I have seen.

Tired of the bad whey protein sold in BKK, optimum and GNC brands, I imported some high quality protein. 4 pounds of Nitrotech Hardcore, 64 servings per container, 3600 baht. Its expensive, but still cheaper than GNC. Its more expensive than Optimum Nutrition, but you get what you pay for.

Send a reply if you want to buy. 3600 baht

If you are looking around the 3k range, try the Musashi Whey Isolate. It is imported by a local company here and if you e-mail them and buy couple of tubs it is available at wholesale from www.thaisupplements.com

Seriously good stuff - 90% protein with added aminos. Bit pricey for me still so I use the large unflavoured 20kg bags. 13 or 14k for WPC and 17k for WPI. On a per kilo basis that is the best price I have seen.

I sell protein too but what your saying is really a good deal, especially if you have the money to pay for 20kg at once. I sell the optimum nutrition stuff at 5k per 4,5 kg. But at the moment its harder for me to get it as usual.

Just curious how much do you pay for shipping ?

• 4 weeks later...