Kata/Karon bar updates?

BWM

Frankly, there are no great bars in Kata-Karon and there really hasn't been since Club 44 closed down in the nineties.

Don't know why that is, but, it's still true.

If you wanted good bars, you should have stayed in Rawai. Some excellent beach bars there.

• Like 1

Frankly, there are no great bars in Kata-Karon and there really hasn't been since Club 44 closed down in the nineties.

If you wanted good bars, you should have stayed in Rawai. Some excellent beach bars there.

Yea Club 44 ! What a great place. I remember seeing Danny and his boy sweating bullets over the footy matches they were punting on.

RIP Danny, and the widow has a place I believe still named Club 44 across from the Outdoor restaurant there on the corner in Kata.

Lek's bar was good for quite a few years.

What do you classify as a good bar. What are you looking for. How much you want to pay for getting stroked in the bar?

Excellent location for scenery and people watching.

Reasonable prices.

Friendly staff.

Mostly busy

The first in the list is most important for me.

What do you classify as a good bar. What are you looking for. How much you want to pay for getting stroked in the bar?

Excellent location for scenery and people watching.

Reasonable prices.

Friendly staff.

Mostly busy

The first in the list is most important for me.

That's a good list and the only two things I would add for myself is comfortable ie proper seats or at least stools with back rests (my back is shot) and music at a reasonable level.

Ok so bars in Rawai? Is there a thread on the topic or should I start one? :)

What about the bar at Surfhouse? Acrosss from the beach, ladies in bikinis, entertaining to a degree to watch people get dumped on the machine.

I guess the droning noise from the pumps could get a little tiresome, but seems a good spot.

I did have a few beers there mostly because I have never seen a surf machine before. The people watching is fun but yep the pump noise gets irritating after a bit. I could never see it as being a regular hang out spot for myself.