Strage Signs When Receiving A Thai Mail

Toni

looking for some advice how I can receive also Thai text in my mail. I am entering my mail boxes directly through Yahoo and not through Outlook. A lot I receive is surely spam but as I cannot decript the strange signs in the message :o , it is not Thai, I am afraid I am deleting also some non-spam messages.

(I am not up to write in Thai, receiving in proper Thai is enough)

Can someone give me some advice?

thanks

Edited by Toni

I assume you mean you are reading your Yahoo mail through webmail (browser). On your browser menu select "View" "Character encoding" "Thai TIS-620". If it works then you can set your default encoding to be that.

There are a number of Thai encodings you can try as per tywais's suggestion.

Try all the options with Thai in the view menu (usually Thai (Windows) works best for me).

If none of the Thai options in the View / Character Encoding section work, the next method is to copy the entire message (highlight the entire message with your mouse and while highlighted press Ctrl + C) and paste it into Microsoft Word. In Microsoft Word, again highlight the entire message, and choose DB Thai Text from the font list.

If you cannot find DB Thai Text in the font list of MS Word, google for the font "DB Thai text", download and install it.

There are a number of Thai encodings you can try as per tywais's suggestion.

Try all the options with Thai in the view menu (usually Thai (Windows) works best for me).

If none of the Thai options in the View / Character Encoding section work, the next method is to copy the entire message (highlight the entire message with your mouse and while highlighted press Ctrl + C) and paste it into Microsoft Word. In Microsoft Word, again highlight the entire message, and choose DB Thai Text from the font list.

If you cannot find DB Thai Text in the font list of MS Word, google for the font "DB Thai text", download and install it.

thanks, soooo easy; I'm a dummy! :o