Hotel Recomendation in Hua Hin near beach and beer.

BobTH

I have a friend that is coming to visit in October, he metioned that he would like to get out a Bangkok for part of the visit. I thought I might take him to Hau Hin for 3 or 4 days. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a reasonable priced, hotel fairly close to the beach and places to eat and have a beer or two in the area. Not looking for luxury but would like small clean rooms with air, I was thinking in the 1000 THB per night range. It would be around October the 19th for 4 nights. Thanks in advance.

Check out Victor Guesthouse or Victor Residence.

It's a French owner and he seems to have 3-4 Guesthouses in the Centre of town.

I had 2 friends staying at one the Victor places last week, and they were very satisfied with their stay.

• Like 1

I have been staying at the Puangpen Villa hotel for the past 15 years when I go thur Hua Hin, downtown, clean, comforatable, walking to seafood rests and bars., air con, Across from Macdonalds, pool, wifi. 950 baht

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

When stopping over in Hua Hin I always stay at the Subamitra hotel, small aircon rooms around 800 Baht, close to the nightlife area and fairly close to the beach, big parking lot, swimming pool, restaurant which is OK for breakfast. Tel. 032-511208.

• Like 1

On my 8 or 9 visits to Hua Hin I have found that in the budget bracket, the Fat Cat Guesthouse has ticked all the boxes for me, 400b (fan, with cable tv, hot water, fridge) up to around 800-900 b for aircon. It is a 5 minute walk to the nightlife precinct but not that close as to suffer from noise pollution, and is only few minutes away from the seafood pier restaurants on Naresdamri road and 10 minutes by foot from the beach. It is run by a pleasant Danish man who plays jazz most evenings in the front restaurant. The guesthouse has its own website. For a few more baht (around 1000 bt) Baan Manthana is also a good choice. A five minute walk from the train station, one minute to Bangkok bound mini-vans and buses, and two minutes from the night market (plenty of excellent restaurants to choose from, 'Moo seafood' next to 7-11 is a favourite). While a little further away from the beach than the Fat Cat Guesthouse it has a swimming pool and quiet sundecks, and all rooms with aircon, cable tv, fridge etc. and the Thai management are very pleasant.

• Like 2

> Jings Guesthouse is a good option

Totally recommend Jings Guesthouse. They have a range of rooms, is surprisingly quiet considering it is right in the middle of the action, and the staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful.

I stayed there for two months recently.

• Like 1

I had 2 friends staying at one the Victor places last week, and they were very satisfied with their stay.

I would recommend Sofitel, You get nice privatized mini-villa surrounded by walls, private swimmingpool inside your walls, second open air bathroom, etc,etc.

I stayed there for my 50th birthday, around 17000thb/night

I would recommend Sofitel, You get nice privatized mini-villa surrounded by walls, private swimmingpool inside your walls, second open air bathroom, etc,etc.

I stayed there for my 50th birthday, around 17000thb/night

What a deal!!! With breakfast?????

• Like 1

I have been staying at the Puangpen Villa hotel for the past 15 years when I go thur Hua Hin, downtown, clean, comforatable, walking to seafood rests and bars., air con, Across from Macdonalds, pool, wifi. 950 baht

I second that. Very nice hotel with big pool and right in the middle of everything.

//mrco

I visited Hua Hin in April. My hotel was a little far from the beach, but I suggest you go north to the Khao Takiab. It has a great beach with great views and a couple of temples. One of the temples is on top of a hill which gives you a spectacular view of the beach. Also there are a bunch of restaurants at the beach. They offer mouthwatering fresh sea food as well as your beer! smile.png

• Like 1

I visited Hua Hin in April. My hotel was a little far from the beach, but I suggest you go north to the Khao Takiab. It has a great beach with great views and a couple of temples. One of the temples is on top of a hill which gives you a spectacular view of the beach. Also there are a bunch of restaurants at the beach. They offer mouthwatering fresh sea food as well as your beer! smile.png

Khao Takiab is south of Hua Hin. Nice beaches nearby such as Suan Son Beach, but far from the nightlife area. For families/couples quite OK.

Another thumbs up for Jings from me, stayed earlier this year, paid 800 baht for a nice size room, everything worked, air con wifi etc.

Not noisy at night, excellent location.

They had both slightly cheaper and slightly more expensive rooms.

I`d be tempted by Puangpen Villa hotel mentioned here, not stayed there but good location.

smile.png

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any contact details for this place?

I'd also recommend Puang Pen, close to everything (including Burger Kinglicklips.gif). Be mindful, however, as PuangPen Villa and PPVilla are actually separate places, built right next to each other. I do believe they're the same owner, however, and both have pools (Villa with parking), though PuangPen is the nicer of the two (I've stayed in both).

Regards the Subhamitra, it's in a good spot (adjacent to night market) but is a bit tired and staff can be cranky. Unbeatable for drivers though--car park out front.

City is also a bit hit and miss, while hotels in Khao Takiab require a (bit of a rip) tuk-tuk ride.