Swedish smokeless tobacco "snus" badly needed

Joakim H

It is illegal to sell smokeless tobacco in Thailand, but perfectly legal to import it in 250 gram increments. You can order through the mail from http://www.buysnus.com/. They usually have some great promotions and no matter how much you order, they will pack it in 250 gram shipments to comply with Thai law at no extra charge.

Some of the mods seem to think possessing or importing snus in Thailand illegal, so will probably close this thread. But possessing or importing for personal use is perfectly legal. I have thoroughly researched the matter.

Snus made in Thailand is available since many years:

http://www.vikingsnus.nu

My father-in-law uses something like that. They call it yaw nut. Like tobacco medicine. It is sold in pharmacies in a small round tubular bottle. A very fine powder. He uses a metal U shaped straw. Puts some inside it, put one end in his nose and the other in his mouth and blows.

Unlike American products like Copenhagen, Swedish snus is regulated by the government and all carcinogens are removed. Contrary to popular belief, nicotine is not carcinogenic. No mouth cancer.

Kind of related question so will ask it

Anyone locate straight nicotine for sublingual delivery? Usually in 2 mg doses. Or liquid?

Not interested in patches or gums since they have undesirable ingredients.

Not addiction issue. Biohacking use for cognitive benefits and experimentation.

Nicorette liquid mouth spray. Each spray contains 1mg nicotine and mint for taste.

• Like 1

Kind of related question so will ask it

Anyone locate straight nicotine for sublingual delivery? Usually in 2 mg doses. Or liquid?

Not interested in patches or gums since they have undesirable ingredients.

Not addiction issue. Biohacking use for cognitive benefits and experimentation.

Nicorette liquid mouth spray. Each spray contains 1mg nicotine and mint for taste.

Good to know. I looked up the ingredients and not exactly pure it's interesting option.

Here are the ingredients if anyone is interested.

Is this basic pharmacy item? I think its 150 doses.. what do people pay for it in CM? Thanks.

Other Ingredients are:

Propylene Glycol

Anhydrous Ethanol

Trometamol

Poloxamer 407

Glycerol

Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate

Levomenthol

Mint Flavour

Cooling Flavour

Sucralose

Acesulfame Potassium

Hydrochloric Acid

Purified Water

They started making a thai version of this so i was told by a few swedish people at a shop in the old town can't quite remember where but my other swedish friend went looking and could not find it but somewhere near tae pae gate.

Yes, it's available in Chiang Mai. Next to the moat, south of Thapae Gate, near Mad Dogs.

Refer to this thread for a cpl months ago for discussion and a google map:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642980-skoal-cherry-long-cut-chewing-tobacco/

-Mestizo

Hi guys, thanks so much for all your help! I will go over to cigars for a few days until Im back home. Cheers and thanks again. Joakim

There is a shop at the Moat near Thepae Gate that sells it a block past Mad Dogs on the left . Nice people she keeps it in the cooler and its 250 baht per can ....If you need better directions let me know ... Its made in Thailand and pretty good ..

Edited by BB1955

• 6 months later...

I have a bunch of Swedish snus that's been kept in the freezer but is BBE 12/12--that is December 2012--if anyone wants it for a small price PM me--I don't use it since moving to E-Cigs.

It's Portion Snus--and mainly Wintergreen from Jacobssons

Edited by haybilly

• 10 months later...

Swedish Snus is now made here in Thailand. It has all of the Thai Govt. documentation to allow it to be manufactured and sold here. It has met all of the stringent qualifications that the Thai Govt. puts on tobacco products.

If you want to know more phone me on 088804 5840.

I love the stuff. My Swedish neighbors used to bring it for me when they came for the holidays.....i was paying about 250b per tin. That was what were paying . So Viking snuss the one made here....not a fan.

A friend orders it on line they ship five tins at once so not opened by customs....and its about 120b a tin with shipping. The site has all kinds of brands.....

If you have not found any yet,,, if you are at Theape gate walk towards the 7 11 a few blocks down just before Madd Dogs is a place thats sells the Thai brand made here. Its 250 baht for 60 grams . They keep it in the cooler . They have news papers on tables near the sidewalk .