Australian arrested in Pattaya for threatening Australian embassy

webfact

Australian Arrested In Pattaya for Threatening Australian Embassy

230.jpg
An Australian national was arrested for threatening the Australian embassy.

PATTAYA: -- [PDN]; Police officers reported to have 30 year-old Travis J. Moore, an Australian national who was wanted after he had threatened and insulted the Australian embassy. He was arrested at an apartment in Pattaya.

It was reported that the Australian had phoned the Australian embassy on several occasions between the 17th to 27th of June.

Mr. Travis has admitted that he did phone and threaten the Australian embassy. He stated that he did it out anger as the Australian embassy didn’t help him take custody of his 8 month-old daughter from his ex-wife.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/16/australian-arrested-in-pattaya-for-threatening-australian-embassy/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-08-16

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what's in the photo? The offended telephone at the embassy?

No.

It's of the animals he referred the embassy people as.

Police: look at this pictures mate, did you call the counsellor a Kwai?

Aussie: I plead the 5th.

Police: you called him an idiot then?

Aussie: I still want me daughter, can you help? I ll make it worth your while.

A child born overseas to an Australian national and registered with the Australian embassy is automatically an Australian citizen, he should have stayed cool, taken the daughter on a holiday to Grandma in oz and stayed there, chances would have been slightly better and the payoff,more affordable......anyway..coffee1.gif

The child maybe an Australian citizen but the person named on the birth certificate as the father is not legally recognised in Thailand as such until you have made application through the courts and a judge deems you to be the lawful father. Those that have family visa's will know this process takes at least 3 months. If the guy hasn't been through this procedure then he is no more the father than Bill Smith of Kooweerup. The Embassy wouldn't touch him with a barge pole if he doesn't have this court document.

• Like 1

I sympathize with him. He's already very upset over his child custody problem and to deal with sociopathic government drones on top of that cannot be easy.

The Australian Department of foreign Affairs (DFAT) have already announce that the are making cuts and scaling back assistance to Australians overseas. Aussies are being told that they are now virtually on their own when abroad.

"Australians who get into trouble overseas in future should not expect the level of consular service offered now, Foreign Affairs Minister Bob Carr says"

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1797559/Help-for-Aussies-busted-overseas-to-be-cut:-Carr

I sympathize with him. He's already very upset over his child custody problem and to deal with sociopathic government drones on top of that cannot be easy.

The Australian Department of foreign Affairs (DFAT) have already announce that the are making cuts and scaling back assistance to Australians overseas. Aussies are being told that they are now virtually on their own when abroad.

"Australians who get into trouble overseas in future should not expect the level of consular service offered now, Foreign Affairs Minister Bob Carr says"

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1797559/Help-for-Aussies-busted-overseas-to-be-cut:-Carr

I do not think they can do that. The level could not get much lower.

• Like 2

I would say that embassy consular staff must deal with abusive calls on a regular basis when citizens are informed on what consular staff can and cannot do for them, yet no action is taken. As a complete assumption I would say that he went too far when threatening consular staff that lead them - AFP? - to decide to get the RTP involved.

I would guess that people he met in Thailand had misinformed him of his "rights" compounding his frustration and anger.

Maybe we should remind them of that little blue book we carry, called a passport, which entitles us to all the support our country can give us!

Threatening the Australian Embassy and it didn't even get a single mention in the Australian media. Not even news worthy down under.

I was wondering what threats were made and taken seriously, a bomb or shooting threat, swear to kill you threat? must have been a little radical to go this far, just asking..

Maybe we should remind them of that little blue book we carry, called a passport, which entitles us to all the support our country can give us!

They never cared about the blue ones..just the black or red ones.

What a Clown!!

Makes me almost ashamed to be Australian when creatures such as this make idiots of themselves in Thailand. However, it must be said that he "looks" like a good upstanding, clean-cut example of a young Aussie and our Embassy should fall over backwards to race to his assistance and staff at the Embassy should be more than willing to take on-board whatever foul utterances he wishes to make. Yeh, and "Pigs can fly!"

Pack him up, send him back where he came from and toss him in jail to learn a lesson in good manners.

• Like 1

I would say that embassy consular staff must deal with abusive calls on a regular basis when citizens are informed on what consular staff can and cannot do for them, yet no action is taken. As a complete assumption I would say that he went too far when threatening consular staff that lead them - AFP? - to decide to get the RTP involved.

I would guess that people he met in Thailand had misinformed him of his "rights" compounding his frustration and anger.

My guess is the person he spoke to may have been a Thai. Possibly an Australian citizen or someone who had studied in Australia but not someone who had lived there their whole life. When someone is upset and talking to the Australian Embassy they probably expect people to react and think in the same way as a person in an australian office does. Local staff however competant cannot give the same cultural context.

Probably true I have been there 3 times and never seen an Australian working there just Thais with minimal English even the consulate in Chiangmai is Thai and can hardly speak English very difficult to communicate with her. There may have been a cultural/communication problem but then again the aussie may have just been an obnoxious <deleted>.

• Like 1

From another Thai source

After his requests were declined, the man sent a photo of himself holding a fake gun to his head to the embassy.

Police said this had distressed staff, who were worried he would harm himself.

He was charged with intimidating and insulting others.

I don't know why the Federal police didn't charge him with "Use telecommunication device to menace harass or offend." as the offences are actually committed in the Embassy. The staff are actually harassed on Australian soil being the Embassy.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

What or to what extent he did what he did is never going to further his cause but dealing with some government departments and especially Australian Immigration at various times can truly test you out and can push you to the edge of desperation , (especially with some of the non compassionate staff you are likely to encounter there now). He is thinking with his heart and not his brain especially when his child is concerned and none of us know what the mother of his child is like and what part she has to play in contributing to his irrational behaviour. if he is acting in this immature way when he is thirty years plus then condemn him as a fool.

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

The last lot of people I would ask for any help is the Australian Embassy in any Country. I speak from a family members first hand experience some time ago in England.

Also point out that it was the Australian Embassy that notified the Indonesian Police in Bali that had 9 Aussies grabbed as they left Bali with heroin knowing that it meant the execution of them as a probable sentence.

I despise these 'Dealers in Death' BUT the Australian edict is that a Country that has execution as the penalty will not receive their offenders.

By the way the info was that good they could have just scooped them off the Plane as it landed in Sydney. Now it is claimed 'a mistake'

BUT , they have spent Time , Effort & Money to help Chapelle Corby in a Bali Jail a Convicted Drug Dealer ,because of the publicity she had generated. The Australian Embassies are totally Inconsistent , which makes them next to useless to Australians.

I M O

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Australia's rules concerning what types of assistance can be rendered by consular officials are very much in line with those of virtually every country and rightfully so, unless you happen to believe that the consular officials at the Thai embassy in Canberra have the right, indeed, the obligation, to interfere with civil legal matters in Australia where one party is a Thai citizen.

http://www.thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/consular.html

• Like 1