Where To Buy Vcd-dvd Old Movies

rono

Where can i buy older movies on vcd or better dvd, looking for westerns with clint eastwood, john wayne, bud spencer, terence hill, ok corral, how the west was won, also movies such as police academy 1-5,.....

I've bought some great DVDs of old movies from this site-

www.boomerangshop.com.

They offer a "Pay at post" option- you pay for the movies when you pick them up at your local post office in Thailand.

I've bought some great DVDs of old movies from this site-

www.boomerangshop.com.

They offer a "Pay at post" option- you pay for the movies when you pick them up at your local post office in Thailand.

thanks, visited boomerang, indeed lot of classic movies but many out of stock, does this mean they will order them for me if I order a "out of stock" title?

rono

thanks, visited boomerang, indeed lot of classic movies but many out of stock, does this mean they will order them for me if I order a "out of stock" title?

Can't say for sure... I've always ordered movies that were in stock.

Give it a try- see what happens. You can log in to your member account with them and check your order status anytime, and you don't pay anything until the movies are sitting in your local post office waiting to be picked up.

When I've ordered from stock, the movies were sent within one to two days. I'd be curious to know if it works for you and how long it takes to get "out of stock" titles.

Alternatively, you could try calling them or visiting one of their shops to ask them what the deal is. There is one at Fortune Center that I know about.

Rgds, Bino

Try http://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/index.php

Stuff that's available you can get from Amazon, often quite cheap if bought from the New & Used section for each item. I sometimes DO get charged import duty, though, so now I get things sent to my sisters place in the UK and collect them on my annual visit.

If not, the Brit Movie forum is amazing for what you can find, tv as well as movies. Some of the members have got a huge collection of hard-to-find stuff they will send you on DVD for maybe 10 pounds, although some prefer or will only do swops.

Good hunting.

my dvd player has a sticker with "3" meaning it only plays dvd from region 3, makes it very difficult to buy from amazon

Enter the model number of your DVD player and something like ''region-free'' into Google. You'll probably find a code (usually entered from the remote) that will (or should) render your DVD player region-free (i.e. capable of playing DVDs from any region).

thanks, if I understood well the software you can download to make your dvd player region free is only for pc based dvd and not for home theatre dvd.

There are various methods for rendering DVD drives in PCs (and I dare say Macs) region free.

Standalone DVD players, like yours, are almost all capable of playing any region's DVD. They are simply programmed not to. If you enter the model number of your DVD player and a term like ''region free code'' or ''unlock region'' into Google you will probably find a site that has details of how to render you DVD player region free. It's usually something like ''turn the player on while holding pause on the remote, then press ...''

Try it, you may be pleasantly surprised. :o

There are two shops I've been in that might fit the bill;

At MBK Shop no.: 3B-37 (3rd floor) Look-Maew (email: [email protected]), a decent selection. Ask to look through the catalogs, of which they have ~ 8 or so.

At Fortune IT Mall, but I cannot recall the shop number or the floor, sorry. Next time I go I'll make note of the shop no. and name and follow-up here.

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on my post above. The two shops that I can recommend in Fortune IT Mall that sell legitimate, older, classic DVDs are shops # 4P07 and # 4A19, both on the fourth floor. Several original PC gaming shops there too although I am not a PC gamer. And most of the back-room DVD shops seem reliable? And there is a Shaw Bros. DVD/VCD shop that seems to have every release ever made!

Edited by lomatopo