CTH Cable/Satellite Phuket?

phuketjock

I am trying to find out what is available in Phuket and in particular Patong area? Anyone out there already have CTH

Cable/Satellite, if so from which company/supplier? Any details of cost etc would be helpful.

My wife called CTH Phuket office yesterday and she spoke with a Thai guy the first time who told her that we could

not possibly get CTH on cable in our condo but we could get Satellite, all she had to do was fax his office and he would

in turn fax CTH main office in Bangkok. When she told me this I said to her phone him back and get his e-mail and I can

contact him that way, who uses fax these days? ( my words ) The upshot was she called the same office and this time a

Thai girl answered and subsequentially informed my wife that we could in fact get cable to our condo and that we should

contact Blue Dolphin cable company and gave her a rough location but did not have a phone number.

We eventually found the Blue Dolphin office and to my surprise found that they already had all the info on CTH and had

copies of hand outs for prices including installation deposits and monthly rental costs and the same info for installation in

bars and restaurants.

The home installation costs box 1 installation 1,070 deposit ( for box ) 1,800 Enter fee 962 Advance 1 months rent 962

Total 4,794 After this the monthly rent is 962. Each additional box, up to three is 321 for installation 1,800 deposit and 535

monthly rent.

The staff in the office were very helpful and apparently quite honest and up front and they told us that the signal at the moment

is very low and that thay are presently upgrading there cable system in Patong but that after the upgrade was complete, in about

two weeks the signal problem would be fixed and the system up and running. They did not ask for or want any money just took

our details and said they would be in touch when the system upgrade was completed.

Will keep you updated, meantime if anyone has more info on possible alternatives please post.

Edited by phuketjock

I had CTH satellite installed on Monday. Quick, efficient and relatively cheap. Not the best range of channels but I really only got it for watching the football. I have kept a Truevisions dish for the other viewing needs of my family.

Any chance of telling us by who and how much is relatively cheap, good picture/reception? Your location?

Edited by phuketjock

I had CTH satellite installed on Monday. Quick, efficient and relatively cheap. Not the best range of channels but I really only got it for watching the football. I have kept a Truevisions dish for the other viewing needs of my family.

Any chance of telling us by who and how much is relatively cheap, good picture/reception? Your location?

Got the number from the CTH website. I called the number for their representative in Thalang (as that is the district where I live). Installation around 2000 baht and monthly was around 800 (though cheaper was offered if you wanted to commit for a longer period).

Very good picture/reception.

This is a post I made on a separate thread that might give more information:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/655427-astro-downnow-what/?p=6728878

Note the prices are for an existing cable installation, though the monthly rates are the same whether for cable or satellite.

Thanks for your helpful input pagallim.

Just a quick note on Phuket cable being the only ones with boxes, not true I asked to see a box in Dolphin to

check for HDMI connection (which it has ) and they had a big box full of them.

Would not surprise me if all the cable companies are claiming sole suppliership TIT.

I have to say I did expect a much more lively response to this post, but I can

only surmise that most TV members who live in Phuket don't really care much

about EPL or in fact which tele provider they have. For the few who did contribute

many thanks for your input.

Best regards,

phuketjock

thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Just a comment on the comparable EPL programming. True only had 2 HD channels (HD1/HD2) for football, with the remainder of simultaneously played matches being shown on the terrestial channels. CTH are covering all of the simultaineous matches (the most normally being 5 with a 3 p.m. kick off on Saturday) on HD channels, which is much better.

Watched some MotoGP in HD yesterday afternoon also, fantastic picture quality.

Just a comment on the comparable EPL programming. True only had 2 HD channels (HD1/HD2) for football, with the remainder of simultaneously played matches being shown on the terrestial channels. CTH are covering all of the simultaineous matches (the most normally being 5 with a 3 p.m. kick off on Saturday) on HD channels, which is much better.

Watched some MotoGP in HD yesterday afternoon also, fantastic picture quality.

Dont forget Channel "stadium 6" shows four seperate games at the same time, in case you need to see more than one game at any one time.

HL biggrin.png

just got CTH installed,seems like a good set up,took the 2 year option,funny thing happened when we were on the phone to bkk,trying to sort it out.the woman asked how big the TVs were,as we explained they were for the bar.thought about it,and rang back,asked why the question on size,because,she said,it is 1500b a year for the copyright,to show in public,but that 56 inch or more,screen for example,is 3000b a month.you can pay locally for the sticker.just to let anyone using them in public,you can get this option.