PM Yingluck to promote Tajikistan as Thailand's distribution channel in Central Asia

webfact

PM Yingluck to promote Tajikistan as Thailand's distribution channel in Central Asia

PNPOL560824001000301_24082013_115420.jpg

BANGKOK, 24 August 2013 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck is content with her visit to Tajikistan, while expressing her keen interest in making Tajikistan Thailand’s product distributor in Central Asia.

During the “PM Yingluck Meets the People” program, Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Thailand and Tajikistan have agreed on bilateral cooperation which included increasing number of flights to and from both countries, promoting Buddhism, water management, technology exchanges, and environmental preservation.

She said during her visit to the Central Asian country, Tajikistan expressed its interest in many of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s royal projects. Lastly, the Thai Premier said Thailand will push forward the move to promote Tajikistan as a gateway to Central Asia as Tajikistan could be the main product distribution channel for Thailand to other countries in that region.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-08-24 footer_n.gif

No problem here then, Thailand ranks 88th/176 countries on the corruption scale, while Tajikistan scores a very respectable 157th /176.

Should be easy to overcome many barriers when dealing with the Tajiks.

Good work Madam P.M.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

"...Thailand and Tajikistan have agreed on bilateral cooperation which included increasing number of flights to and from both countries, promoting Buddhism..."

I hear there are many 14 year-old girls in Tajikistan, and who doesn't want to own a fleet of luxury cars?whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

"...Thailand and Tajikistan have agreed on bilateral cooperation which included increasing number of flights to and from both countries, promoting Buddhism..."

I hear there are many 14 year-old girls in Tajikistan, and who doesn't want to own a fleet of luxury cars?whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

You have to PROMOTE Buddhism?

• Like 2

I just wish I could read that she has accomplished something for the people of Thailand in newsprint.

I am not sure what the purpose of listing her official titles (2) within the government is, but I do not think it is necessary.

Increase flights between the two countries ???? why

Their wages are lower than Thais ...

PM moving with the big countries now ... Tajikistan ... what super power will she visit next?

Maybe Nauru. The Vatican is the world's smallest country but I doubt she will venture to go there.

Nauru

An island in the South Pacific Ocean, Nauru is the world's second smallest country with an estimated population of 9,322.

The land area of the country is 21 km2 /8.1 square miles.

The country's population density is 443.90 km2/1,150.86 square miles.

To earn income, Nauru briefly became a tax haven and illegal money laundering centre.

As I posted in another thread. Thailand and Tajikistan should make a good team. Tajikistan stands at 157 out of 174 countries for being the most corrupt. Two peas in a pod.

I particularly like the presidents gold chairs. Nothing but the best huh?

Yeah, funny how his chairs occupied most the Thai news coverage this morning

PM moving with the big countries now ... Tajikistan ... what super power will she visit next?

She hasn't said in which direction the extra flights are designed to show benefit.

Thais who travel are unlikely to go there and I would suggest most in that country can't afford travel let alone international .

Where does she and her " advisers " get this nonsense ?

As I posted in another thread. Thailand and Tajikistan should make a good team. Tajikistan stands at 157 out of 174 countries for being the most corrupt. Two peas in a pod.

Yeah, funny how his chairs occupied most the Thai news coverage this morning

If they are gold is it a case of sitting on assets?

• Like 1

Tajikistan, a 98% Muslim country promoting Buddhism. That I will believe when I see it and even then would get my eyes checked.(as well as my wallet.)

It would be a massacre. Muslims don't take too kindly to their brothers and sisters being converted away from islam, They would consider it an attack on their faith.

So Yimgluk has got the prime minister of Tajikistan to import the rotten and contaminated rice reserves to be to be distributed to the rest of Asia, in an effort to hoodwink the rest of Asia that it is from Tajikistan, to bypass any blockades currently thrown up to stop the import of crap Thai rice.

But as a bonus also manages to get him to agree to enrage 98% of his people by importing a new, better religion.

Pull the other one.

YL has gone far beyond being naive and is now a very bad joke.

Creditaby dear, creditably , you just can't find it, can you PM Shinawatra , you make deals with the most unlikely of countries, one doesn't know if the people around you are air heads or you are , one thing you can be sure of , nothing as per usual will become of this, as with all other agreements , you waste time with rubbish, one wounders what next , free trade with Somalia.bah.gif

You have to PROMOTE Buddhism?

How does she think she can promote Buddhism in a country that is 90% Muslim? Brilliant!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Wonder how she plans to get Thai produce to this new 'distribution channel'

She may not have noticed that they have no marine border and I very much doubt there is a connecting road,

How many planes does it take to carry a million tons of rice?

And how is it going to be distributed from there ? by the look of the map most of the place is mountains and they only appear to have about 4 or 5 major roads that cross their borders.

Ah well, all these announcements keep rice out of the news.

The whole fair shows clearly that Yingluck has not got a clue about what happens outside her own front door.

I am inclined to ask why she is promoting a religious belief let alone environmental matters and water management too

Mind you perhaps a Tajikistan passport could be a collectors item as has already been said

Robby nz post # 23

And how is it going to be distributed from there ? by the look of the map most of the place is mountains and they only appear to have about 4 or 5 major roads that cross their borders.

I have heard rumours that a "High Speed Camel Train" ( H.S.C.T) is to be proposed by the Thai ministry of transport,

Edited by siampolee

Wonder how she plans to get Thai produce to this new 'distribution channel'

She may not have noticed that they have no marine border and I very much doubt there is a connecting road,

How many planes does it take to carry a million tons of rice?

Ah well, all these announcements keep rice out of the news.

It is land locked alright and the four bordering countries are totally corrupt. The best ground route out of the country is through Afghanistan, then through either Pakistan or Iran to the sea. Talk about a total fiasco.

Pimay 1 post # 26

It is land locked alright and the four bordering countries are totally corrupt. The best ground route out of the country is through Afghanistan, then through either Pakistan or Iran to the sea. Talk about a total fiasco.

Looking at a couple of the countries mentioned any transport coming back from Tajikistan might well collect and carry a very interesting and indeed profitable cargo back to Thailand.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Maybe Nauru. The Vatican is the world's smallest country but I doubt she will venture to go there.

Nauru

An island in the South Pacific Ocean, Nauru is the world's second smallest country with an estimated population of 9,322.

The land area of the country is 21 km2 /8.1 square miles.

The country's population density is 443.90 km2/1,150.86 square miles.

To earn income, Nauru briefly became a tax haven and illegal money laundering centre.

Pimay, you forgot to mention that Nauru's economy was based on the mining of phosphates which are the result of seabird droppings (known in the wider world as bird shit.). Now, if Nauru can build an economy on bird shit, just think what can be done here with all the BS.

(The Nauruan economy peaked in the early 1980s, as it was dependent almost entirely on the phosphate deposits that originate from the droppings of sea birds. There are few other resources, and most necessities are imported

Wiki.)

• Like 2

Without picking nits, this ain't a picture of Yingluck and the boss man of Tajikistan, Emomalii Rahmon in his presidential palace..

post-9891-0-70008000-1377345797_thumb.jp

What we seem to have here is a file photo of Yingluck sitting talking to a man, in a Thai style office with a Thai picture on the wall and a Thai knick-knack cabinet displaying Thai ornaments. The opulent gold chairs are nothing unusual, I doubt we'd see YS sitting on a cheap plastic chair.

It looks like a screen shot from a government TV channel.TV MCOT?

Can she really not find any more relevant countries in her desperate attempts to stay away from parliament?

I mean c'm on, Maledives, Tawhateverstan, yearly trade volume with Thailand worth about 3 sacks of rice? laugh.png