'Ventz'- Jacket Sleeve Vents for Increased Airflow

I saw these in Fast Bikes magazine- less than 1K shipped from the UK via eBay, so I took a chance on 'em- they seem like a pretty good idea (though they might be a bit of a problem with full-gauntlet gloves)- I'm up for trying anything that will increase airflow and make wearing full gear more bearable in LOS. Hopefully they won't just get tossed on the pile of useless crap I've ordered in the past...

Ventz-Jackenbeluefter-in-verschiedenen-F

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha thats badass !

looking around my room now for substitute parts :)

Badass, perhaps- these vents might also be completely useless- as they were mentioned in Fast Bikes (a publication which hasn't steered my wrong yet) and they weren't that expensive, I think they're worth a shot- there's actually very little in the way of reviews or info (just a couple of users saying 'OK' to 'very good'). Getting them seated right with my gloves is my biggest concern- I don't think they'd add much if any additional risk to the wrists in a crash.

Royal Mail is pretty fast- I should be able to give an opinion in a week or so.;)

Edited by RubberSideDown

Seriously, if the product really is called "Ventz" with a Z, I'd refuse to buy it on principle blink.png

Well, in defense of the company, they have a patent on the name and the design- 'Vents' was already taken.;)

Here's the product evaluation report- if nothing else, they made a good effort:

http://www.ventz-range.com/Ventz%20Evaluation%20Report.pdf

Edited by RubberSideDown

The problem as I see it. For the air the Ventz let in doesn't there have to be a way for it to get out. So unless you jacket already has vents, with an S, in the back there is nowhere for the air to get out and if it does it probably already has... Next time I ride (sic) I'll try the middle of a toilet roll and see! Just maybe...

Edited by VocalNeal

For the self conscious it might make you look fat when you ride as your jacket inflates laugh.png

Kidding aside the basic idea is sound

As you previously mentioned though my biggest concern having broken my left wrist twice is

how it might affect on impact

At least it is not too narrow as that would be worse.

Let us know how you like them.

Truthfully though I have no heat problems when riding

which is when these vents will help/work.

My problem is when all air flow stops at a long light smile.png

Edited by mania

I saw these in Fast Bikes magazine- less than 1K shipped from the UK via eBay, so I took a chance on 'em- they seem like a pretty good idea (though they might be a bit of a problem with full-gauntlet gloves)- I'm up for trying anything that will increase airflow and make wearing full gear more bearable in LOS. Hopefully they won't just get tossed on the pile of useless crap I've ordered in the past...

Posted Image

They look like they were made by the same company that made the GT200 bomb detector :)

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Just wear a jacket with plenty of adjustment in the cuffs. When it's chilly I tighten them and put them under the glove cuffs, when it's hot I loosen them and wear them over the gloves giving a nice draught all the way to my pitts.

I've got a few motorcycle-specific leather jackets, and none of them would stay open at the cuffs enough to let air in, especially with putting them over gauntlets.

As I said, these 'Ventz' might be worthless- I want to wear my leather more than my textile, and if they help, they're more than worth 1K- I'm happy to be the test-pilot.;)

Despite my pessimism I'm and optimist at heart. laugh.png They might do something. On long trips dehydration is the main worry in this country. We sweat because it is hot but the wind evaporates most of it so we don't realise how much fluid we are losing. As I said I'll try a toilet roll! giggle.gif

Edited by VocalNeal

i had these zipper vents on my revit ignition 2 jacket and they do a great job. it is a leather 60 percent and mesh 40 percent jacket and it is a super cool with these vents surprisingly.

post-184955-0-15836100-1377495411_thumb.

• 1 month later...

I received these quite a while ago, but I haven't given them a real test yet- they really aren't set up to work with full-gauntlet gloves, and I don't have any shorties at the moment. I've got a pair coming next month, and I'll try to get an idea of whether the Ventz ate worth it.;)

I received these quite a while ago, but I haven't given them a real test yet- they really aren't set up to work with full-gauntlet gloves, and I don't have any shorties at the moment. I've got a pair coming next month, and I'll try to get an idea of whether the Ventz ate worth it.wink.png

they looks like a wrist breakers!

in an accident, sure these will create problems to your wrists.

I received these quite a while ago, but I haven't given them a real test yet- they really aren't set up to work with full-gauntlet gloves, and I don't have any shorties at the moment. I've got a pair coming next month, and I'll try to get an idea of whether the Ventz ate worth it.wink.png

they looks like a wrist breakers!

in an accident, sure these will create problems to your wrists.

No, they're made out of flexible rubber that is strong enough to hold its shape but soft enough that they wouldn't have an effect in a get-off,

Think I read somewhere that by cooling your wrists, it a fast way of cooling down your overall temperature. So, who knows? This might actually be a good concept

The tightness of your jacket sleeves would make a difference as well- for a technical leather jacket, not much air would make it up the arms, but on a looser jacker (like most textile jackets) it would have more of an effect.

I really need to try these out as I started this thread (I kind of forgot about them...rolleyes.gif )- I'll do a test as soon as my shortie gloves arrive.

• Like 1

I have tried to wear a jacket here, it's just so uncomfortable and hot, I have a Taichi rain suit that's very comfortable and light if it's uncomfortable then the pleasure you get from riding your bike is gone! I do not drive fast, my maximum speed is 100kph I normally drive at 80kph if on the open road, around town which is the majority of my driving it's between 40/60kph I will continue to drive in the cloths that I am comfortable in, we all have the choice, people who choose to wear full gear are driving a lot faster than me and therefor need all this protection, I have seen a couple of people here who have all the gear on in my opinion they are driving way to fast for the conditions in this country but all this gear gives you a feeling of invincibility, I am happy if you are happy!! Happy riding!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have tried to wear a jacket here, it's just so uncomfortable and hot, I have a Taichi rain suit that's very comfortable and light if it's uncomfortable then the pleasure you get from riding your bike is gone! I do not drive fast, my maximum speed is 100kph I normally drive at 80kph if on the open road, around town which is the majority of my driving it's between 40/60kph I will continue to drive in the cloths that I am comfortable in, we all have the choice, people who choose to wear full gear are driving a lot faster than me and therefor need all this protection, I have seen a couple of people here who have all the gear on in my opinion they are driving way to fast for the conditions in this country but all this gear gives you a feeling of invincibility, I am happy if you are happy!! Happy riding!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app[/quote

Ido not disagree with you but would rather fall off with protective gear on than the usual 2 week millionaires attire of shorts and flip flops

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^

You will be riding with your clothes until your first accident here. Then i am sure you will change your mind.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Been riding here for over 4 yrs with no problems, it's all about your speed!!

• Like 1

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app[/quote

Ido not disagree with you but would rather fall off with protective gear on than the usual 2 week millionaires attire of shorts and flip flops

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If I was in the UK where the climate says wear clothing that will keep you warm I would wear it, the climate here says I don't want to be like a pressure cooker in all this gear! People who wear full protective gear drive fast, everyone I have seen here wearing all this gear do indeed drive way to fast!! I prefer to keep my speed down, just because you are on a powerful bike it is not law you must drive fast and faster!!

Don't believe for one minute this ventz thing will work here especially in high season scorching hot weather, very hot air entering an already very hot place is going to cool you down is it?

^

Air that's moving has a cooling effect- it's why a fan can help on a hot day, even though it's blowing warm air- it's why a vented or mesh jacket feels cooler than one that doesn't let air through. It should be pretty obvious that another air stream would keep you cooler.

You don't wear gear, but that's your problem- you brought it into this thread unnecessarily- it's your right to comment wherever you want, but it was pretty pointless in this case.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

The problem as I see it. For the air the Ventz let in doesn't there have to be a way for it to get out. So unless you jacket already has vents, with an S, in the back there is nowhere for the air to get out and if it does it probably already has... Next time I ride (sic) I'll try the middle of a toilet roll and see! Just maybe...

exactly, the jacket must have air exit.

I have this jacket: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-recruit-leather-jacket

which is pretty awesome, it's leather BUT, it's very cool. there are two zip in the front and on the back.

I use it cause I ride a lot a late night, and it's cold... but on day time I also wear it and I just open full the zip vents...

So much air comes in the jacket that I don't even feel that hot.

but as well, like @mania said, I look really like an inflated balloon, LOL... all that air slows down the bike a lot.

so, if the jacket already have good vents, you will NOT need this at all.

exactly, the jacket must have air exit.

I have this jacket: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-recruit-leather-jacket

which is pretty awesome, it's leather BUT, it's very cool. there are two zip in the front and on the back.

I use it cause I ride a lot a late night, and it's cold... but on day time I also wear it and I just open full the zip vents...

So much air comes in the jacket that I don't even feel that hot.

but as well, like @mania said, I look really like an inflated balloon, LOL... all that air slows down the bike a lot.

so, if the jacket already have good vents, you will NOT need this at all.

Your jacket isn't perfed at all, and allows in air flow on the sleeves- if you could get a bit more air into it, it would feel cooler- unless it's ridiculously loose on you, how could the sleeves balloon up? If I wear one of my technical jackets, the sleeves have almost no room at all (and I wouldn't bother trying the Ventz with them as there's no room for the air to flow)- I would use them only with a less-restrictive jacket,

There's no way these small vents would do anything to affect the bikes' performance.

Once again Allan needs to flaunt his ignorance on a gear thread- as least he's consistent.wink.png

So Mr.Big Expert, it is your opinion versus science http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-heat-absorption and why these poxy vents will make any difference at all?

Your main argument against white of silver jackets is that they get dirty.....ever heard of a thing called a washing machine?blink.png