Thai Airways needs to hire some computer nerds

hermespan

Android on internet explorer has no 'select' button so effectively is useless (works fine with M0zilla Firefox)

The Android app also is useless. The app has all sorts of fascinating information but it is not obvious to me how to do the esoteric function of booking a flight. No such option unless it's hidden somewhere. And it is not a third party app but offered for free by Thai Ait itself.

What's more after 15 (?) minutes on hold I advised the booking clerk of these technical problems and she switched me to yet another tacky music lineup where SHE put me on hold. I was expecting her to say ' Are you calling from a mobile phone Sir? We are a landline, and as you are spending your time trying to improve our customer service, let ys call you back. What's your number?' I gave up after another ten minutes on hold.

It's like calling a gov't department instead of a customer-first business. Maybe its because of the ownership (the state, the airforce...? ) In Canada I always avoided the national carrier Air Canada, preferring Canadian Pacific until they went out of business. I don't get how taxpayer's money can create services like airlines that 'compete' in the marketplace.