Uzbekistan Murder Victim 'comes back from the dead' in Pattaya

webfact

Are foreigners allowed to work as waitresses ?

I'm sure most of you know there has been Russian girls working in go go bars in Pattaya for many years that profession is also reserved for Thai's but all the rules can be slightly adjusted if you know how to go about it.

Like for instance, speaking fluent Russian or Russian and/ or more than one European language for their tourist target.

My ex-wife learned Japanese to add to Portuguese, Spanish and fluent English to get a flash job, working on special tours of South America by Japanese tourists on a major airline.

An education does help get some jobs and if there were no Thai waitresses available who spoke fluent Russian, I would think they would have a case.

I admire people like your ex-wife who can speak many languages and further their career. But there are many restaurants here where the staff do not speak English but i don't think I could get a work permit as an English speaking waiter.

Try learning Russian or Mandarin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She presented her passport to Police and confirmed she was very much alive and has been working in Pattaya as a waitress for more than 1 year.

Would never think that she works in the sex industry Where did she get the Chinese tablet from? Wasn't it for first graders?.=Nastrovie.-laugh.png

Maybe she got it at Tutkom with tip money after she got a work permit. I am really looking forward to your next insightful post.

Let's get some things straight:

1. The suspect said that the victim was his girlfriend, Lyla Nilufar.
  2. This woman has a different name and age and has not claimed to even know the suspect
  3. The only known problem at the point is the alleged photo of the victim
  4. Police in Bangkok said they believed the photo was correct (obviously it wasn't), but no-one has said where the photo came from

None of the above alters the possibility/fact that it was Lyla Nilufar's body in the suitcase and that she was murdered by her boyfriend (the latter still to be proven in court). We simply have the wrong 'passport photo' associated with the case as presented in the media. No need for questions like "so who was in the case?" etc etc. This doesn't affect the victim's identity.

Perhaps the victim was using fake/stolen id, perhaps the police seized the photo from the suspect's residence and assumed it was the girlfriend ... all sorts of possibilities. And when you dump a body in water, you can bet that it messes up the features a bit, so a comparison to a photo will not always give you 100% confirmation (aside from the fact that farangs all look alike, even to me ... and I'm one myself smile.png ).

32 posts later, someone has actually read and comprehended the OP, and gets it right.

Well done that man. clap2.gif

• Like 2

I'm sure most of you know there has been Russian girls working in go go bars in Pattaya for many years that profession is also reserved for Thai's but all the rules can be slightly adjusted if you know how to go about it.

Like for instance, speaking fluent Russian or Russian and/ or more than one European language for their tourist target.

My ex-wife learned Japanese to add to Portuguese, Spanish and fluent English to get a flash job, working on special tours of South America by Japanese tourists on a major airline.

An education does help get some jobs and if there were no Thai waitresses available who spoke fluent Russian, I would think they would have a case.

I admire people like your ex-wife who can speak many languages and further their career. But there are many restaurants here where the staff do not speak English but i don't think I could get a work permit as an English speaking waiter.

Try learning Russian or Mandarin

I'll give that a try next week. I'm learning womanese this weeksmile.png

She presented her passport to Police and confirmed she was very much alive and has been working in Pattaya as a waitress for more than 1 year.

Would never think that she works in the sex industry Where did she get the Chinese tablet from? Wasn't it for first graders?.=Nastrovie.-laugh.png

Would never think that she works in the sex industry

If she does, she cannot do to well; not exactly the prettiest lady I have ever seen.

You know what they say about the ugly ones ;)

This case is a total mess in the best tradition of the RTP and local media. In the original report I read the body was reported to be of Thai or at least Asian origin and was confirmed as pregnant. Subsequently read that the boyfriend had made a full confession. If brains were dynamite there are few here that could blow their nose.

Pattaya in the news again, what a cesspool. Isn't Uzbekistan where the "Boston Bombers" were from?

Also as a farang myself, I confess from time to time I like a different flavor from the usual siamese cat, maybe Persian, Himalayan, and even the usual alley cat. laugh.png

There are several foreign women working as waitresses in soi Pattaya Park. I dont see how the actual act of moving a plate from one place to another could possibly require any specific ability that Thais dont have, so I suppose that these foreign women are employed because they can speak Russian etc.

That said, when I went into a 7/11 in Soi Pattaya Park once the Thai girl behind the counter shot off some fairly long phrase in Russian at me, of which I didnt understand a single word of course. So if the 7/11 employee can do it, why not a restaurant waitress?

If she does, she cannot do to well; not exactly the prettiest lady I have ever seen.

Is it even remotely possible that there are Non-SIW waitresses in Pattaya?

Wow! Serious case of "dead man walking".

And another clusterf#$k produced by Thai police and Thai media working together in perfect harmony... Very sad for the victim and rather disturbing for the girl on the photo.

While I believe that it's kind of ok if the forum mocks a culprit that really made a total idiot of himself in public, like that fake police guy, I find it very unfair to mock people just because of their physical appearance especially if they have committed no crime and actually should not even be mentioned as part of any certain story. I truly would like to see the guys live who mocked this Uzbek girl for her appearance. I bet a good percentage of them are fat and ugly couch potatoes with erectile dysfunctions (and too much time on their hands).

Edited by catweazle

Looks like a fair bit of mileage for supposedly a 22-year-old... But then again, she'd been dead, so perhaps that's part of the reason.

As for the waitress part, she must be working at some ribs place in Pattaya, because she seems to be serving a full rack. smile.png Wonder what those skills qualify her to do there?

Come On, Guys--she isn't that bad looking--and we all have photos taken of us that we would rather not have others see; I reckon she could scrub up reasonably well.

They all look good at 2am with the beer goggles on. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

• Like 1

I wonder if her pic was plastered all over the Uzbekistan news and her family saw it. Might of had some seriously distressed family just because the BIB/Thai media failed to get things right.

• Like 1

wai2.gif Try and stay on the track boys Your driftig into the rice padi's