Why Does Living in Chiang Mai Just Keep Getting Better and Better?

OldChinaHam

Congratulations "Old China Ham" you said it all so very well.

I first visited CNX about 30 years ago with a group of Journalists to write travel stories. At the time, I mentioned to the crew that I would come and live here at some stage.

Well after later working for Tourism Authority of Thailand in Western Australia and developing an even stronger relationship with paradise, I came here to work a number of years ago. Then went back to Australia, to chase the Almighty GOD Dollar for a few more years but have now been back and Retired for the past couple of years with my wife and our teenage daughter.

My wife is a Chiang Mai Girl, our daughter attends the same brilliant School that my Wife went to, we have a nice home and a far better lifestyle than you can have for the price in Australia these days.

By the way, YES, I did help my wife with the dishes!

• Like 2

Congratulations "Old China Ham" you said it all so very well.

I first visited CNX about 30 years ago with a group of Journalists to write travel stories. At the time, I mentioned to the crew that I would come and live here at some stage.

Well after later working for Tourism Authority of Thailand in Western Australia and developing an even stronger relationship with paradise, I came here to work a number of years ago. Then went back to Australia, to chase the Almighty GOD Dollar for a few more years but have now been back and Retired for the past couple of years with my wife and our teenage daughter.

My wife is a Chiang Mai Girl, our daughter attends the same brilliant School that my Wife went to, we have a nice home and a far better lifestyle than you can have for the price in Australia these days.

By the way, YES, I did help my wife with the dishes!

Very glad to hear about the dish washing together. It helps build not only character but also a lasting bond between husband and wife when chores around the house are shared.

When we give thanks, in general, for good things that happen to us, it makes us feel even better about our lives.

If you are referring to CMU, yes I do agree. It is a brilliant school with some very smart students. Not only smart, but many are the type of younger generation that will most benefit Thailand in the future.

The longer I am here, the more I truly do realize that Chiang Mai is a special place. Very lucky to be here for however long I am able to stay.

Good luck to you and your family.

And, did you help your wife with washing dishes after she slaved away all day making a meal fit for you, her king?

Have you a prenuptial? You're going to get stung soon enough and humiliated by a gang of lady boys on Honda Waves. You'll lose your utopian lifestyle overnight and banished to the occident on the next flight out. Don't sit pretty. wink.png

I'm not sure why this topic is not in the Chiang Mai forum, but I'll agree that this northern Thai city is a pretty nice place to spend time. The city has a large number of Caucasian expats and that leads to a wide variety of interests to sustain them. The city is large enough and changes constantly to never know it all, and yet it is small enough to walk anywhere in the heart of the city within an hour. You can have an enjoyable day just walking around the perimeter along the moat.

I'm fortunate that I can bounce back and forth between Canada and Thailand, so I can miss out on the worst weather of both countries. During the smoky season in March I can easily take a month long holiday in a beach area in the south of Thailand. Some day I might grow bored of it, but I don't see that happening any time soon. There are still too many back roads in northern Thailand to explore on my motorbike.