No more pages in British passport...

I live in Bangkok and have no pages left in my British passport (but a couple of years left before expiry).

Can I get some extra pages? If so, how and where do I do this? If not, how and where can I get a new passport?

Ideally would like to sort this out from Bangkok but wouldn't mind posting my passport elsewhere if necessary.

Cheers!

Page addition no longer possible for long time. Think us passport holders still can????? Help??

Totaly agree go anywhere where there is a uk embassy and apply there or as said apply in hong kong. Thailand embassies seem to be a problem in service and time to process. Correct pls if im wrong??

Off topic slightly, but even in the big eu this is now a problem to get replacement if you dont live in paris or germany thats it thanks to the closure of consulate services all over.

Rant over.

Advice

Follow the lastest info from the guys here. Upto date info is king.

My last passport I got issued from fco was in bombay 3 years ago. Reason was the same as yours. They copied the pages and gave old passport back. 7 days later a phone call and it was ready for collection no problems.

The last bit of advice I give.... go for the 48 page passport, For me I was finishing a passort about every 3 years. 48 page one helps a little and the extra cost against hastle is worth it.

And correct you get a little extra my last issed dec 2009 and exp is now sept 2020.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All UK normal passports are issued from UK now - not from any Embassy. For Thailand application is made through Hong Kong using special procedures of not sending old passport.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They used to pin the old PPs together years ago.

Last time with mine was in Saudi about 1980.

Traded in my last UK/EU earlier this year (no Chip)and got our new ones within a week (in UK) and they are valid until 2024....dear dear ....what will life be like then?

Having finally just completed this process myself (with an annoying 8 years validity remaining on the passport!) I would advise that you :

1. Apply for a new passport through the Hong Kong Consular service. It's worth getting the 'jumbo' passport if you're intending on staying in Thailand a while or travelling anywhere often which requires visas! This process actually took quite a long time when I did it a few months back, so make sure you do it with plenty of time. You don't need to send your actual passport, just copies, documentation and so on. You also shouldn't need a countersignature assuming that your appearance hasn't drastically changed since your last passport!

2. Then you need to transfer your visas once you have the passport back - this can be the tricky part. But as you are based in Bangkok it should be a bit easier. If you have a non-b, you will need to get a letter from the British Embassy confirming the two passports are valid and yours, and that the non-b needs transferring, then you need to visit immigration where they should do this for you. Tourist visas can not be transferred.

Let me know if I can help you out with any other info :)

Phoebe