Secrets to a happy marriage...

krisb

Communicate, don't take each other for granted, treat each other with respect & expect respect from each other. Don't focus on the small stuff.

Good advise but time really does move the goal posts, sometimes good but sometimes bad. In my case really bad. Nobody can control the hormone stuff, whether male or female. That is a fact of life which we cannot control OR comment on until we have been there.

but reading so many egotistical responses on this thread I have realised that arrogance and not love is obvious.

These are the people who will be bitching that my Thai wife ripped me off.

yes farang so arrogant that they believe they've got a monopoly on thai wives ripping them off read this http://nationmultimedia.com/national/Shooters-wife-had-the-key-to-his-safe-Kasikornbank-30214273.html

Chakkrit said on Wednesday that he had filed a police complaint against his wife Dr Nithawadi Phucharoenyos and the bank's Sukhaphibal III branch for theft, saying valuables worth Bt60 million had gone missing from his safe... adding that CCTV images showed Chakkrit's wife asking to open the safe... The former sportsman, who was in jail for alleged assault and domestic violence,..

be careful out there guys.

simple my dear watson, just another open and shut case of "the moto factor"

Weeeeeeeeeeell, I understand I hold a minority position on the importance of language and communication, so I wasn’t expecting the grunters to agree with me.smile.png I am also willing to concede that many couples are better off, not understanding each other.wink.png

Ouch!thumbsup.gif

Weeeeeeeeeeell, I understand I hold a minority position on the importance of language and communication, so I wasn’t expecting the grunters to agree with me.smile.png I am also willing to concede that many couples are better off, not understanding each other.wink.png

Ouch!thumbsup.gif

Hmmph!

• Like 1

Choose your partner wisely.

Then apply the 3 C's as well as the additional 3 C's

And always.......always remind your wife she is beautiful

Nothing's guaranteed to last for ever but if you follow step 1 carefully while thinking with the correct head engaged......maybe you'll get to grow old together.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1. Choose your partner wisely. Your partner's looks will almost certainly fade, but character shouldn't.

2. Keep your fly zipped. Once you've stepped outside of your marriage sexually, it's more likely to fall apart--even if you don't get caught.

3. Pick your battles. Sometimes (most of the time?) it's best just to nod and say, "yes, dear". Save the heated discussions for things that really matter.

4. Don't take your partner for granted. Everyone wants to be appreciated, respected, and loved.

5. Enjoy your marriage and your partner and you are more likely to have a happy partner and marriage.

I would agree with those who say that communication is the key to a happy relationship. With the obvious caveat that you should have something worth communicating :)

Repeatedly arguing a point only to prove your partner wrong is often counterproductive.

Give the other person space to feel that they have something of their own self intact and separate from you.

Don't waste any energy on jealousy, it's childish and serves no purpose other than to destroy trust.

Be yourself, not who you think you should be.

If your partner can be your friend you should be able to spend many happy years together.

Enjoy each other's company.

Don't marry too quickly.

Get a dog,

• 3 weeks later...