Paying Tax In Thailand

Thai tax law states>>>>>.

anybody who resides in the Kingdom of thailand for more than 180 days will be subject to paying income (if you have an income and a Non O visa)

true a good Thai friend of mine i have been informed that the RD department is currently working together with the immigration department to sort out those who are staying within the the legal liable tax periode.

as for me ????/

i have recently renewed my retirementvisa and had to sign a new form witch stated the specific amount of money(income) certified by the embassy per month....never done that before.....and after contacting my Thai accountent (who advised me to keep a low profile) i decided to keep a low p[rofile.

Now......................

anybody knows anything more than i do?

I can sence that there is something going on here in thailand.

by the way...

i never had to pay tax becomes nobody told me so.

If you are on a retirement visa, you cannot work in Thailand. Therefore, you can only have passive type income -- dividends and interest -- and no salary.

I don't know what other treaties may say but the US-Thai tax treaty specifically exempts social security and pensions from Thai tax. So, in general, anyone here on a retirement visa should not havea problem with the Revenue Department.

So Thailand does not consider dividends and interest as income? Are these things taxable in under any circumstance?

I pay tax on dividends and interest in my home country because they ARE considered "income" there. Thailand has double taxation agreements with many countries: http://www.rd.go.th/publish/766.0.html

If you pay tax in your home country, you don't need to pay it in Thailand as well.

So Thailand does not consider dividends and interest as income? Are these things taxable in under any circumstance?

If you Invest in fixed deposits like the new 5.5% for 10 months with the Banks over here, they will take out APPROX 15% Tax before they give you your interest. It will show in your fixed deposit book at the end of the term :o

Yes, it does.... and yes, they are ... You must have red the post, you responded to, very hasty. Lanny called dividends and interest "passive income" - he didn't call it "non-taxable income". All income is prone to tax in Thailand (if you live in Thailand more than bla. bla. etc.)