Australian Horse Racing Gamblers caught at Pattaya Bar

Rimmer

Australian Horse Racing Gamblers caught at Pattaya Bar

bar-4.jpg
PATTAYA:--In a joint operation involving Pattaya Police and the Department of Special Investigations (DSI) Eastern Branch, a raid took place of a Pattaya Bar which was suspected of showing Australian Horse Racing and those in attendance were allowed to place bets with the Bar Owner.

The raid took place at 3.30pm on Saturday afternoon at The Members Lounge off Soi Baukao, owned by Khun Gaewjai aged 52 and her Australian husband Mr. Robert Steven Younger aged 58. At the rear of the bar was a separate room containing a 50 inch TV which was showing live streaming of Australian Horse Racing.

Betting slips and a total of 72,000 Baht in cash were seized and 17 foreign nationals and 4 Thai’s were arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station along with the evidence collected at the scene.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/101870/australian-horse-racing-gamblers-caught-pattaya-bar/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-08

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now whats the harm in what they are doing? all Across the world horse racing goes on even in Thailand and bets are placed, now get out there you jobs worthy police and catch the real criminals in Pattaya.

• Like 1

So do the police call the press before they do the raid or are these hardened criminals expected to wait while an anonymous tip (from the cops) is placed to the press so the cops can get in on the picture smiling and pointing?

Bizarre but always interesting Thailand :D

Edited by jambco984

Naughty boys...I'm sure you all knew, and certainly the owners did, that gambling, except the lottery, is illegal in Thailand. Surely on such a lubrigious soi, you could find some other activity to waste your time and money on.

A good pinch for the BIB.

Actually betting on the nags is legal in Thailand but you have to go to the racetrack to do it. I think it is a 50 baht limit.

So do the police call the press before they do the raid or are these hardened criminals expected to wait while an anonymous tip (from the cops) is placed to the press so the cops can get in on the picture smiling and pointing? Bizarre but always interesting Thailand biggrin.png

The pic actually look like the re enactment of the crime. The punters don't look happy and you have the camera guy recording it, no bIB in the pic tho, guess they are out the back counting the takings.

• Like 1

Breaking News!: They hyper-violent, aggressive, hard core Aussie gang known as "The Horses" was brought down by a highly skilled force of crack Royal Thai Police special agents who specialize in breaking through entrenched mafias. This crack team will surely deserve a royal medal for all their hard work and dedication to cleaning up the trash of Thailand. Two special agents were injured in the raid. One Lt Somchai tripped over a sleeping 12 year old homeless, underage, trafficked prostitute while raiding the villainous gang of horse gamblers. The other injury was to the team Commander Wichai Songruen who fell off his motorbike when he accidently hit a large pile of methamphetamine pills being stashed there by the local drug dealers. Thankfully the commander commented shortly after that although is "shooting hand" is broken, the hand he plays cards and drinks whiskey was uninjured. The Chonburi Governor was happy and was relieved that Pattaya had such a quality police to crack such a difficult case. He is happy to report that the residents of Pattaya can sleep better tonight knowing these criminals are behind bars.

Superb, fellah.

• Like 1

So do the police call the press before they do the raid or are these hardened criminals expected to wait while an anonymous tip (from the cops) is placed to the press so the cops can get in on the picture smiling and pointing? Bizarre but always interesting Thailand biggrin.png

The pic actually look like the re enactment of the crime. The punters don't look happy and you have the camera guy recording it, no bIB in the pic tho, guess they are out the back counting the takings.

No finger pointing allowed now. smile.png I have noticed they seem to have stopped in the last few photos so someone high up apparently realise people love making fun of it.

Now whats the harm in what they are doing? all Across the world horse racing goes on even in Thailand and bets are placed, now get out there you jobs worthy police and catch the real criminals in Pattaya.

i never heard about anyone catching them selves, have you? coffee1.gif

• Like 1

No finger pointing allowed now. smile.png I have noticed they seem to have stopped in the last few photos so someone high up apparently realise people love making fun of it.

I thought the finger pointing is usually where there is a victim of the crime., i.e., the victim points at the accused to identify the perpetrator just as they are sometimes required to do in Western courtrooms (though not in the media).

The owners should know the only authority in Thailand that can run or give a concession to run a book, lottery or any sort of illegal gambling operation is the police. It is a solid and reliable source of monthly income in every police station in the land.

Try and run a book without paying the cops and you can forget investigating murders, muggings and road accidents, this is top priority. Nobody comes between cops and their gambling cut.

• Like 1

I thought the finger pointing is usually where there is a victim of the crime., i.e., the victim points at the accused to identify the perpetrator just as they are sometimes required to do in Western courtrooms (though not in the media).

The victim would be the BIB then, they weren't given a cut or the Aussie running the show is taking a job off a Thai.

Take 'em to night court

The tourist court was specifically set up for this sort of thing. The BIB and bookie can go along and negotiate the BIBS cut.

Some say it is 50 years behind here. 50 years ago chookas mates would be busting the SP Bookies behind every pub. Fining them and then collecting money off them so that they ( the police ) did not come back for a couple of months.

Edited by harrry

Naughty boys...I'm sure you all knew, and certainly the owners did, that gambling, except the lottery, is illegal in Thailand. Surely on such a lubrigious soi, you could find some other activity to waste your time and money on.

A good pinch for the BIB.

Actually betting on the nags is legal in Thailand but you have to go to the racetrack to do it. I think it is a 50 baht limit.

You may be correct...I recall that there may be betting at the Royal Bangkok Sports Club there on Rachadamri.

Funny all the replies about all the other illegal gambling going on...like somehow two wrongs somehow make a right. Ferengs in Thailand...a sorry lot.

There is a horse racing track in Khon Kaen are you telling me NO Thai takes a gamble on the races.

What about all the card cames being played at this moment ??

No gambling cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif PLEASE no more BULL <deleted> or should I say Horse <deleted>

I have a working knowledge of Steve and his operation. He is doing no harm really. Punters have never received a betting slip. You are known to him and use a nick. He pays tote odds. Most likely that old pom bastard who claimed my winnings 4 times and was booted out when I caught him shopped him. It is a very small soi where next door is a lady bar go go where I understand they go with customers. Bad timing with the spring carnival in Melbourne and Sydney having started. If they deport the punters you can be assured a few wives and girlfriends will be forced back on the game.

Ron the rat, thanks for your inside info.

Whether Steve is doing no harm or otherwise is a moot point. If you don't get police "protection", you can expect to be busted. The first priority of the cops is to maintain the income stream to the higher-ups. This is realpolitik. Right or wrong, causing harm to others does not come into the equation.

p.s. I reckon it was the Aussie guy in the singlet that comes in early on and needs a wash what bubbled him.