Documents required to present for Non O Imm visa at Chaengwattana

Finished the non "O" imm visa by applying the one year extension plus afterwards applying the one time re-entry permit, about 10 days ago.

Assuming you have all the required documents filled out or photocopied and ready to hand over, the paper shuffling and stamping by the immigration agent takes about 5 to 10 minutes. You are then directed to a second agent who shuffles your paperwork again, reviews all the docs and stamps and (silently) signs off on some pages. You're done.

In my case, applying on a US passport with a one page statement of income acquired from the US Embassy for proof of sufficent funds, my monthly income as stated exceeded the Thailand minimum monthly requirement. That one page document was sufficient to meet the financial requirement when reviewed by the immigration agents and no supplementary information or proofs were ever requested.

If you plan to apply for a re-entry permit (single or multiple) after you're granted the one year extension, then you will need to get a photocopy of the new extension information stamped in your passport to include with your other docs handed in when applying a re-entry permit.

If you're applying the extension and the re-entry permit on the same day you can have them both before lunch if you get an early morning start. If not you'll likely lose an hour when they take off for lunch.

Thanks the advice about when the first 90 day report is due. At the extension station the agent stapled information into my passport entirely in Thai except some dates which I'm sure advises on the 90 day report, but unless you read Thai you'll never be certain.

This Non "O" imm visa with one year extension for retirement purposes is definitely the place to be for living in Thailand. After the whiplash of visa on arrival, acquiring double entry visas with extensions and then converting to the Non "O" - time for gin and tonics and a long holiday from the adventures and the only 'in and out' to be done accomplished while swinging from the chandeliers, or wherever...

• 2 months later...

I have just completed first 90 day reporting on the Non O Imm with one year extension for retirement purposes aka Retirement Visa Thailand.

Downloaded form TM47 from Thai Visa Forum, printed out, the one page doc you use for 90 day reporting. At this point you will have all the data you need to complete the 90 day reporting doc in your current passport plus your living address. You will need your full address including the 'Tambol' and 'Amphur'. They are something like district names related to your living location I guess.

When reporting in person only the 1 page doc, completed and signed, is required. No copies and no photocopies of passport pages, etc..

As Chaengwattana office is currently closed due to the siege it was very convenient to use the temporary filing location on LadPhrao. Depending on the time of day traveling on Lad Phrao can be congested but even when congested it moves eventually. Filing location is inside the large Big C building towards the back on the 5th floor. Front entrance guard will point you in the right direction. Modest waiting times, small lines to have your doc checked, be assigned a number and a counter, hand in your doc and receive a receipt with the next 90 day report filing date. There was no problem filing my 90 day report a couple of days earlier than the due date.

Edited by LadPhrao123

• 1 month later...

I have my fist Non O visa for 90 day received it from Suksawat on 10 Feb (only 20min in taxi from Sathorn) was told to go back to Suksawat 30 days before it expires or Chaeng Wattana if it has reopened. I just want to confirm what documents I need when I return is it only TM7 and 2000 baht. i don't need to re prove 800,00 baht do I?

Guess you intend to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement if so the 800,000 will have to be "re - proved"

The cost of an extension is 1900 bht together with the same paper work presented to achieve the "O" visa conversion.

I have my fist Non O visa for 90 day received it from Suksawat on 10 Feb (only 20min in taxi from Sathorn) was told to go back to Suksawat 30 days before it expires or Chaeng Wattana if it has reopened. I just want to confirm what documents I need when I return is it only TM7 and 2000 baht. i don't need to re prove 800,00 baht do I?

You will need the exact same documents you needed when you applied for the visa except for the proof the funds came from abroad.

You will also need copies of your bank book showing the money in the bank for 60 days.

The fee is 1900 baht for the extension.