PayPal UK to Krungsri Bank BKK

Hello Everybody

I'm English and my wife is here living with me in the UK, she has a UK residence permit.

I have a PayPal Account to do with Ebay, and I was wondering if I can send money from PayPal to her Krungsri Bank in BKK, this Bank Account of hers has her family name still, does this make things a problem ???

Is it easy to do ???

If this is possible how do I go about sending the money over ???

What is the rate like??

Any information about this would be grateful,

Alan smile.png

Set up a PayPal account attached to the Krungsri bank account. Then log in to your PayPal account and send money, log out and log in to the Thai PayPal account and withdraw funds to Krungsri.

Has your wife got a Krungsri ATM card that her family can use? If not, get one of them to set up their own bank account and simple apply PayPal account to new account.

What is the rate like? The rate isn't the same as you'll get in Thailand but better than Western Union and cheaper charges.

For small amounts, i.e. up to a few or more hundred, PayPal is very convenient, affordable and reliable. For large amounts of money, I would weigh up my options.

Okay thank you.

So you set up a Thai PayPal account through the Krungsri Bank. Pay money from UK PayPal account to the Thai PayPal account. then transfer money from Thai PayPal to Krungsri Bank.

Am I right in thinking then the Thai PayPal account would be in my wife's name as it is with the Krungsri Bank?

Alan

Okay thank you.

Am I right in thinking then the Thai PayPal account would be in my wife's name as it is with the Krungsri Bank?

At first my wife and I left my wife's ATM card with mother-in-law so she could withdraw monthly funds in cash from Bangkok Bank ATMs. We eventually set up a PayPal account direct to MIL's Bangkok Bank account and she now has luxury of drawing from her own account, when needed, and no potential problems with ID if it comes to it.

Been sending over small monthly amounts for last four years with no problems at all via PayPal. Can't fault it.