If nexus 5 comes out . Will u buy nexus or iPhone 5s?

xcrome

All the rumors point to a S800 SoC for the new Nexus, which is 32 bit. I plan to get that one.

The LG G2 looked attractive, but now some strange stuff has surfaced, e.g. no Recent apps button in the configurable navigation bar, changeable system font but not including the Roboto. But its camera seems to be awesome so I hope they use that in the Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The GNEX 5 (LG G2?) does not look to be earth-shattering, and neither does KitKat (Android 4.4). Both rumored for Oct. 14, 2013 launch/release.

The LTE would be nice, mostly for use in other countries.

You may have to wait for Key Lime Pie (Android 5) and a GNEX 6?

Nexus 5 wont have 64bit cpu because android does not support 64 bit cpus. There wont be fingerprint sensor either.

But Samsung is sure to release 64 bit processor in next gen galaxy . Will it come with it own OS ?

Still be with google android ? Interesting .... Right

Nexus 5 wont have 64bit cpu because android does not support 64 bit cpus. There wont be fingerprint sensor either.

64 bit is not going matter on a phone for at least several years in to the future. The fingerprint sensor is a 50/50, love to have it but I have a feeling I rather wait till this is proven tech for a phone. I know the apple home button breaks often, so then what?

I can buy a LG Nexus 4: $249 + Asus Nexus 7 tablet: $229 + Acer Chromebook: $199 = $677 USD. That is still less than a Iphone 5c in Thailand.

From overseas?

google is overseas, so yes! then so is apple, hp, nokia, lg and samsung.

Local prices for Apple are the same as OS. Not so for Nexus

But Samsung is sure to release 64 bit processor in next gen galaxy . Will it come with it own OS ?

Still be with google android ? Interesting .... Right

If arm releases 64 bit cpu, then samsung can release it whenever it is ready. But then Android is not 64 bit, and optimizing android to 64 bit will take some time. So dont get your hopes up for next year.

Apple makes fully custom arm chips like quallcomm, samsung uses default arm template with no customizations in cpu and gpu part.

The GNEX 5 (LG G2?) does not look to be earth-shattering, and neither does KitKat (Android 4.4). Both rumored for Oct. 14, 2013 launch/release.

The LTE would be nice, mostly for use in other countries.

You may have to wait for Key Lime Pie (Android 5) and a GNEX 6?

The K release used to be called Key Lime Pie, now officially renamed KitKat. Next release will be something starting with L.

The K release used to be called Key Lime Pie, now officially renamed KitKat. Next release will be something starting with L.

Since it (Android 5.0) has yet to be named, at least publicly: Licorice, Lemon Drop, Lollipop, I was simply referring to the name it was called until this change for Android 4.4.

Maybe Lemon Meringue Pie? wink.png
Looks like the earliest release would be at IO at the end of June next year?
Edited by lomatopo

i will never buy an iphone again.

Why wouldn't you buy an iPhone again? Serious question.

You can buy something equivalent in functionality with far less restrictions for a fraction of the price. Having owned an iPhone 5 and an I mobile iqx, I would buy the iqx again should it be lost or stolen. Not the iPhone. Getting away from iTunes is a truly good thing.

Looks like the earliest release would be at IO at the end of June next year?

Since Samsung has announced they will ship a 64-bit phone next year we'll need a 64-bit Android. That should be such a big change to warrant a 5.0, agree IO will be the most likely time to discuss the implications for developers. Or is that too late?

Sorry for going OT.

Edited by pmugghc

i will never buy an iphone again.

Why wouldn't you buy an iPhone again? Serious question.
You can buy something equivalent in functionality with far less restrictions for a fraction of the price. Having owned an iPhone 5 and an I mobile iqx, I would buy the iqx again should it be lost or stolen. Not the iPhone. Getting away from iTunes is a truly good thing.

Restrictions keep your data and phone safe from viruses. It is a phone for f... Sake. Why would anyone want to use it like a computer? An unstable computer actually (android). For an average user there is nothing you miss on ios that you can get in android.

• 2 weeks later...

I can buy a LG Nexus 4: $249 + Asus Nexus 7 tablet: $229 + Acer Chromebook: $199 = $677 USD. That is still less than a Iphone 5c in Thailand.

The N4 is sold out on the U.S. Play Store, and will not be re-stocked.

The GNEX 5 (LG G2?) does not look to be earth-shattering,

After reading more about the GNEX 5 it does sound pretty spiffy. I think I will get one on a trip to the U.S. during Christmas/New Year's.