VISA options for Australian

Hello

I was some questions regarding VISA options, and was hoping somebody could help me!

I am an Australian passport holder and scheduled to move to Thailand at the end of this year. As such, I was wandering if you could help me with the following questions whilst I go through the rigorous process of applying for an APEC card.

1) Is it possible for me to convert and Education VISA to a Non-Immigrant VISA in the event that I receive a job offer, without needing to leave Thailand? If the answer is yes, that's great! If the answer is no, can I apply for this Non-Immigrant VISA in another country (say Singapore, Malaysia, or Hong Kong), without needing to applying for this Non-Immigrant VISA in Australia?

2) How many border runs can be done before being "flagged" as a "border-runner?" (if such a word exists!), if on a Tourist VISA?

3) Can I apply for a Business VISA (single or multiple entry) from another country outside of Australia?

Thanks in advance for your patience and answers.

Cheers

1. A ED visa is a non immigrant visa. You would need a non immigrant B visa and a work permit to work. Single entry visas are able to be obtained at a nearby locations.

You can not work with a APEC card.

2. Border runners are those that get 15 day visa exempt entries not those on tourist visas.

3. Non immigrant B visas can only be obtained if you have made a work permit application or have a work permit at nearby locations.

Edited by ubonjoe

1. A ED visa is a non immigrant visa. You would need a non immigrant B visa and a work permit to work. Single entry visas are able to be obtained at a nearby locations. You can not work with a APEC card. 2. Border runners are those that get 15 day visa exempt entries not those on tourist visas. 3. Non immigrant B visas can only be obtained if you have made a work permit application or have a work permit at nearby locations.

You can attend bussiness meeting ect ie "work " with an APEC Card thats what its for, you can get an non O visa if married and get a work permit the B visa is not the only visa you can get a work permit on you can obtain a b visa in perth of brisbane without first appling for your work permit

Thank you for your quick replies! This VISA topic has been bugging me for a while now!

Just a follow up question, if I get an ED VISA and want to apply for a work permit and change the VISA status to a Non-Immigrant B (I assume), can this change or re-issue be done in Thailand? Would be great if I don't need to leave the country to get this done (assuming that the company that wants to employ me issue all the relevant documents and so forth)!

Cheers

Do you have any job prospects in the offing? If not, what kind of work are you looking for?

Don't want to throw cold water on your plans but suggest you KNOW what you are getting yourself into before lobbing here in the hope that someone will give you a job. Do you speak Thai?