Oishi group says sorry for maggots

webfact

too many people joking when it comes to health and from the state of public toilets where I see alot of pebbledash and watery fecals I know that there are a lot of dangerous bugs going around so please all be careful

We would probably all have kittens if we knew what happened in many of the kitchens of restaurants we ate in..and that's anywhere not just here!

Maggots crawling out of a bowl has to be 'stored food'..no other explanation.As for cockroachs..that's another story!

Depending to which Oishi place you go to it is normal to pay for up front. Oishi Grand in town has to be one of the best buffets, value for money wise in BKK. What I don't like is that you cannot book and it is not unusual to have to wait for a couple of hours. Having said that there is no excuse for maggots anywhere unless you order them of course.

I would say that this is bullshit myself, just don't ring true, if she picked up the noodles they wouldn't be all stuck like that to it unless dead and in some form of sauce or glutinous stuff, and the pile of loose one`s look dodgy, but also if they came out of the hotpan they would be found in bottom for sure, with that soup.

Sounds a little strange. Did the maggots actually chase after the noodle? I think maggots only eat rotten food. Could be just a way to get back at the company for some reason.

I agree... could very well be a competitor trying to discredit (sucesfully) Oishi. This is very easy to stage, just bring a morsel of food from the dustbin in a little plastic bag thats already crawling with maggots. w00t.gif

Actually, would you eat in this 'restaurant'. We went to the Chiang Mai Branch a few weeks ago. Before we started to eat we were asked to pay the bill up front.

No way! We packed up and walked out. What are these people thinking!

Never had a bit of trouble at either one in Khon Kaen. One of my wife's favorite places (at least until I show her the picture).

Actually, would you eat in this 'restaurant'. We went to the Chiang Mai Branch a few weeks ago. Before we started to eat we were asked to pay the bill up front.

Which Chiang Mai branch was that (there are more than one)?

Sophon

Airport Plaza

Depending to which Oishi place you go to it is normal to pay for up front. Oishi Grand in town has to be one of the best buffets, value for money wise in BKK. What I don't like is that you cannot book and it is not unusual to have to wait for a couple of hours. Having said that there is no excuse for maggots anywhere unless you order them of course.

It may be 'normal' to you - but I wouldn't. What are they (and their customers) thinking?

How often do you eat out? This is entirely normal to pay for buffet style restaurants up front. In Thailand and USA as well. Not just big chain buffets, but "stand-alone" as well.

Purrpaww wrote that the diner took several photos and recorded a short video of the maggots in front of her, paid her restaurant bill and left immediately.

Just another example of Thais never complaining, and for that reason being scammed by their government.

Would any of the readers on this forum have paid for that food ?

Only after putting the maggots all over the baht and showing them to all the other patrons.

Edited by unanimosity

I will admit that I am not an expert on the "maggots" of various insect species. I did not realize that maggots normally crawl around hunting for food. I always thought that the insect, such as a species of fly, lays it's eggs in the food source, the eggs then hatch and the resulting maggots start eating the food source. In other words, they don't roam around looking for food but are already in their food source when they hatch.

Do we have any entomologists on our forum?

It may be 'normal' to you - but I wouldn't. What are they (and their customers) thinking?

It is not normal to me, it is normal to all patrons. Try going to Oishi at the Major Complex (opposite Central Pinklao or Oishi Grand in town and tell them you will pay at the end of your allowed time. The only Oishi outlets I know where you pay when you are finished are Shabu Shi. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Surely maggots must be considered a delicacy somewhere?

Maggot cheese, also called casu marzu, is an Italian delicacy most commonly found in the mountainous regions of northern Sardinia. You find similar cheeses in France, Germany, and Nicaragua. The cheese is filled with wriggling and jiggling fly larvae.

If you ever have commercially prepared corn tortillas in the states the little black flecks have nothing to do with corn but are the allowable amount of cockroach parts allowed in the dough.

And the little black flecks in the fresh cod are? Cod Worms .....

I think it's ticket to clock in the time to start and usally 1 and 15 min, then after eating bring the bill pay at counter but I encounter pork which turn colour already not red but like Kurubuta pork, so I seldon vistedthe shop anymore.

Prawn and musroon have to request from staff to send over, not so good ask frequency.

I hope from now on she eats at home so there won't be any more videos like the one she uploaded.

It is ridiculous that she was quick to upload it just to destroy to restaurant's otherwise good reputation instead of talking to the manager and probably having that meal for free and forget it.

This happened to me in different countries at the most upscale places and she cries about some Sabushi lol.

These or other animals cannot be entirely wiped out so we are not going to see them again. It happens. But these spoiled b....es always find something to moan about.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

If you ever have commercially prepared corn tortillas in the states the little black flecks have nothing to do with corn but are the allowable amount of cockroach parts allowed in the dough.

Total bulls**t moe. If you knew anything about tortillas you would know better.

Ssssshhh, everyone will want some. Got to say I'm not surprised at all. Most kitchens here are not as clean as they should be, even in malls. I have told off people from probably every restaurant in Malls ( in Thai language ) for not washing their hands after they go to the bathroom, they just look at me like I said a horrible thing about their mother and walk on out....I must admit I eat the mall food sometimes, but I am very wary about where I go and what I have...

How often do you eat out? This is entirely normal to pay for buffet style restaurants up front. In Thailand and USA as well. Not just big chain buffets, but "stand-alone" as well.

Only fast food joints want payment up front. Nice places trust you to pay afterwards.

• Like 1

Maggots don't move very fast. No way could they immediately swarm over a just dropped strand of noodle (unless the noodle fell on a swarm of maggots).

Also Is the complain about maggots on the table or in the food she was eating.

No way any one will pay and walk out without complaining.

• 2 months later...

Never had a bit of trouble at either one in Khon Kaen. One of my wife's favorite places (at least until I show her the picture).

Showed her the picture and we have been back several times since this post. Still no trouble.

Edited by tcris52