Is The Mid Chaweng Beach Area Nice Or Rocky?

I've made a few nights reservations at Al's Resort (formerly Als' Hut), which is between Chaweng Villa and Samui Coral resort. Somewhere between Pizza Hut and Starbucks on the main road.

How is the beach there compared to the southern part of Chaweng? Some of the pictures on their website show a line of rocks in the water.

I have more nights to make reservations for and am considering booking Banana Fan Sea farther south, which I've been to with my girlfriend before.

I've made a few nights reservations at Al's Resort (formerly Als' Hut), which is between Chaweng Villa and Samui Coral resort. Somewhere between Pizza Hut and Starbucks on the main road.

How is the beach there compared to the southern part of Chaweng? Some of the pictures on their website show a line of rocks in the water.

I have more nights to make reservations for and am considering booking Banana Fan Sea farther south, which I've been to with my girlfriend before.

You shouldn't make any reservations furthermore.

Stroll along the beach and find a place you like; negotiate the price; it's not high season.

LaoPo

The rocks you are talking about are actually a coral reef on the north end of Chaweng beach,

Mid, and south Chaweng are clear, until you get to the Samui Resortel (old Munchies, basically the end of the beach on the south end), at that point, a series of rock outcrops begins, the same on the north end around the Corto Maltese. :o

The rocks you are talking about are actually a coral reef on the north end of Chaweng beach,

Mid, and south Chaweng are clear, until you get to the Samui Resortel (old Munchies, basically the end of the beach on the south end), at that point, a series of rock outcrops begins, the same on the north end around the Corto Maltese. :o

Thanks. The beach in that area sticks out way too much for there not to be a reason, like it being rocky. If it's due to a reef a little way out, that's ok.

I don't know how familiar you are with Samui but Lamai's beach is better IMO and accom is cheaper than Chaweng.

:o

Yeah I do like Lamai's beach a lot. But I live 3 blocks from the beach in California, so the novelty wears off quick. My girlfriend likes being walking distance from the clubs and restaurants, so that gets priority.