Maltese Tourist encounters thieving Ladyboy's on Pattaya Beach

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...E230 and a couple thousand baht to last out another month...another one of those quality tourists.

what makes a quality tourist according to you ????? maybe that guy had credit cards , cash in a hotel room safe ??? before to comment with such negative words ... just think ... if possible

"Now has no money to continue his vacation." Is English your second language?

It is possible he has no money to continue his vacation because he lost his credit/bank cards in his wallet.

I just can't abide bad planning...if that's all you had to support yourself thousands of miles from home, would you carry it on your person while in an early morning stroll along a notorious malecon anywhere in the world?

I always split my stuff up in such situations, so if I am robbed, I still have funds/credit cards back in my room.

Wow...E230 and a couple thousand baht to last out another month...another one of those quality tourists.

OMG I'm an utter tosser! If the amount of money in a person's pocket determines their quality in your eyes, nothing said on here will alter your childish view. I hope for your sake that you have your eyes opened in one way or another.

• Like 1

Show a bit of sympathy, please. And stop making such idiotic judgement calls.

TVF is awash with armchair lawyers, seasoned investigators, soothsayers, fortune tellers and all sorts of mystical beings that seem to able see things we mere mortals cannot. Compassion does not seem to be one of their qualities as it is encapsulated within a thick armor of hate and bigotry. Live and let live.

Stay way clear of ladyboys in Pattaya. Reputation for theft is well known.

Well known amongst those of us who live in Thailand or visit often yes, but I do not think it is well known amongst tourists, which is why the authorities should remove the ladyboys from the tourist areas, just as they sometimes remove youth gangs, thieves, drug dealers, mentally ill, beggars and other undesirables.

I can't understand how some ppl are taking this as a joke. It is far from it, and this situation could of been alot worse, with the tourist being left on the street covered in blood. You can not say what these idiots are capable of doing to get cash from someone.

I can't understand how some ppl are taking this as a joke. It is far from it, and this situation could of been alot worse, with the tourist being left on the street covered in blood. You can not say what these idiots are capable of doing to get cash from someone.

On the contrary, you can say exactly what they are cabable of doing to get cash from someone. They are simply guys on drugs (hormones and possibly yabaa) desperate for money to keep up with expenses to plastic surgeries (and general living costs). Guys like that usually do not have much to lose, and are therefore capable of doing anything!

Edited by monkeycountry

The difference between freelance bar girls and freelance ladyboys' motives is quite clear at the entrance to Nana Plaza. Early evening when everyone is sober there is noone blocking the bottleneck entrance, but later on the entrance is blocked by a bunch of freelance ladyboys, while the freelance girls are standing on the opposite side of the road in front of Nana hotel parking lot.
The girls are standing at a small distance. Potential customers walking in and out of Nana can clearly see them, and go talk to them if they are interested. The ladyboys are standing at the most crowded part of the entrance where it is easy to bump into drunk (or sober) guys and steal their wallets, phones etc. Obviously this would not be possible if they were standing next to the girls on the opposite side of the road - which is why they are not standing there.

Edited by monkeycountry

Well known amongst those of us who live in Thailand or visit often yes, but I do not think it is well known amongst tourists, which is why the authorities should remove the ladyboys from the tourist areas, just as they sometimes remove youth gangs, thieves, drug dealers, mentally ill, beggars and other undesirables.

Theft of one's innocence maybe...just curious, does your cleanup include all the pesky ladygirls around town constantly barking at me to have a drink, massage, etc., with many even reaching out to touch me or grope me in public?

Omg, i am sick and tired reading everyday about ladyboys stealing from tourists. This is such predictable news.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I too am distressed to read about crime in our fair city, though I think the danger for the average tourist or resident is minimal. I just dont appreciate the vitriol directed at ladyboys by the media and many TV posters, when their status as ladyboys has no relation to the crimes being reported.

Last century, someone with a funny mustache started singling out unpopular groups to blame for problems in society and it didn't end very well.

Theft of one's innocence maybe...just curious, does your cleanup include all the pesky ladygirls around town constantly barking at me to have a drink, massage, etc., with many even reaching out to touch me or grope me in public?

No, for most people, and for the law, there is a big difference between the things you describe and stealing. Theft is illegal, the rest is not, although you may find it annoying.

Omg, i am sick and tired reading everyday about ladyboys stealing from tourists. This is such predictable news.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I too am distressed to read about crime in our fair city, though I think the danger for the average tourist or resident is minimal. I just dont appreciate the vitriol directed at ladyboys by the media and many TV posters, when their status as ladyboys has no relation to the crimes being reported.

Last century, someone with a funny mustache started singling out unpopular groups to blame for problems in society and it didn't end very well.

What a ridiculous statement. The proportion of thieves among LBs is many many times higher than that of the general population, or even the sex industry population. The news confirms that and I am quite sure the local police will too.

And their status as LBs have everything to do with it, as it lets them fly under the radar as sex workers. If a group of gangster looking thai guys on drugs stood in the middle of walking street stealing from pedestrians, odds are the police would arrest or remove them and make sure they do not come back. But if those same guys dress as LBs, then suddenly it is ok??

Odds are if you take 10 random freelance LBs from Pattaya, who have been "working" there at least 6 months, then 8 of them will have a record at the police - most for theft or drugs, most likely both.

Edited by monkeycountry

Show a bit of sympathy, please. And stop making such idiotic judgement calls.

TVF is awash with armchair lawyers, seasoned investigators, soothsayers, fortune tellers and all sorts of mystical beings that seem to able see things we mere mortals cannot. Compassion does not seem to be one of their qualities as it is encapsulated within a thick armor of hate and bigotry. Live and let live.

Totaly agree.

Iam realy getting angry about some people on here,with their bad mouthing at every opportunity,they certainly have no goodness in their bodies.It can only happen here on thaivisa,a man gets robbed and the idiots swarm over the board with stupid, idiotic statements,with no facts whtsoever

About THB 10,000 to last another month? I spent more than that this past weekend......

Arent u the rich one lol,A fool and his money are soon parted,so be careful out there,khun boaster

Boaster? Why? Do you think 10,000 is a lot for two hotel rooms in a nice 5-star resort, nice dinner for 5 people, lunch, horse riding, transport there and back? I think it is a bargain!!!!!

Nothing to do with a fool; you don;t even know me. I work damn hard, often 16-hour shifts, and like to splurge just a little on my holiday.

Typical TV: slagging off people you don't even knowangry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShR.gif

About THB 10,000 to last another month? I spent more than that this past weekend......

Arent u the rich one lol,A fool and his money are soon parted,so be careful out there,khun boaster

Boaster? Why? Do you think 10,000 is a lot for two hotel rooms in a nice 5-star resort, nice dinner for 5 people, lunch, horse riding, transport there and back? I think it is a bargain!!!!!

Nothing to do with a fool; you don;t even know me. I work dam_n hard, often 16-hour shifts, and like to splurge just a little on my holiday.

Typical TV: slagging off people you don't even knowangry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShR.gif

I am very happy i dont know u.THE topic was about a guy who has been robbed not about what u earn,how long u work ,its u, u u all the time.One post on this topic makes me very verey happy i dont know u and would never have a friend who has to turn this topic into monetry and not about the robbery

• Like 1

And where did it say this was all the money he had in the world?

I think he is trying to get a sympathy sub!

Time for a charity fund raising??guitar.gif Or was He sober?!

No, for most people, and for the law, there is a big difference between the things you describe and stealing. Theft is illegal, the rest is not, although you may find it annoying.
reaching out to touch or grope in public is the method they use to steal, theres no difference at all Edited by wwex

Nothing to do with a fool; you don;t even know me. I work dam_n hard, often 16-hour shifts, and like to splurge just a little on my holiday.

I am very happy i dont know u.THE topic was about a guy who has been robbed not about what u earn,how long u work ,its u, u u all the time.One post on this topic makes me very verey happy i dont know u and would never have a friend who has to turn this topic into monetry and not about the robbery

The topic was about a guy who has 10,000 to stay another month in Thailand. That's what, 300 THB a day?

reaching out to touch or grope in public is the method they use to steal, theres no difference at all

I agree with the groping part, although I am not sure we agree on the theft part? Girls generally reach out and grab you because they want your as a customer, unlike the LBs who generally grab you because they want to steal from you.

reaching out to touch or grope in public is the method they use to steal, theres no difference at all
I agree with the groping part, although I am not sure we agree on the theft part? Girls generally reach out and grab you because they want your as a customer, unlike the LBs who generally grab you because they want to steal from you.

Funny I've lived in Thailand over a decade and been pawed over by both types of sex-workers and have found exactly zero correlation to what you state, in that I've never been robbed by either one of them.

I don't subscribe to the belief of many forum members that ones propensity to commit crime is related to one's gender identity.