Thai Citizenship

Wonder if I can get Thai Citizenship ...

My father was born in Thailand in 1950. His parents; my grandparents are not Thais. My father lived in Thailand tilll 7 before they all moved to Malaysia. He is now holding Malaysia citizenship.

I graduated from university in USA few years back and I am now working as an economist for an international organization in Canada. In a few years time, I will become Canadian citizen. Since Canada allows dual citizenship and Malaysia does not, plus the fact that I like Thailand very much. I am thinking if it is possible for me to acquire Thai citizenship or permanent residency.

I know that someone who was born in the UK in 1950 for example, will automatically become a UK citizen (or British Citizen after the British Nationality Act 1981) and the father (regardless if he ever holds a British passport) can pass it on one generation.

1 - So, I wonder if Thai citizenship law has similar provisions? Are there any "special treatment" for professionals? Do any of you know in this situation, will I be eligible for Thai citizenship?

2 - Regarding Thai permanent residency, once it is acquired, are there any residency requirement which I have to meet? I.e. how many days do I have to be presence in Thailand per year, or every several years in order to keep my permenent resident status?

Please share any info if you have .........