thai passport for my son

davetrout

Hello fellow members

l am new to this site and it is a ripper. l have girlfriend sisaket farm we have new born boy l want to get him a thai passport so he can come to australia.

Apparently l have to go to bangkok .The girlfriend pass the buck to me to find out. would appreciate imformation.

cheers Dave

For a Thai paspsort, both parents need to sign the application form

See: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21479-Requirements-for-the-Ordinary-e-Passports-Applicat.html

for the procedure.

You do not have to go to Bangkok for this, there are several passport offices int he country. Including in Isaan.

As you are an Australian, the child might be able to apply for an Australian passport also. Both countries have no problems with dual nationality.

Get him an Aussie passport first. Apply through the embassy in Bangkok I believe. If you want a Thai passport drive up the road to Ubon to apply, as long as you have all your paperwork it is pretty easy to apply.

• Like 1

My son got the grandson a British passport last year. Lots of worries about how to do and also costs and yet when it came to doing it, it was easy as pie. Literally just applying for a first passport with the application form and birth certificate and the mothers ok, etc.etc. but no problems whatsoever.

I imagine that so long as you are on the child's birth certificate as the father then OZ would be the same. As MeMock said get the OZ passport first because I think it will ask whether the child has any other passports to his name and it will be easier to just answer no rather than going into details about when and where's.

Then when you travel he leaves on his Thai passport and enters and leaves OZ on his OZ passport, no visa worries then.

HL

My son got the grandson a British passport last year. Lots of worries about how to do and also costs and yet when it came to doing it, it was easy as pie. Literally just applying for a first passport with the application form and birth certificate and the mothers ok, etc.etc. but no problems whatsoever.

I imagine that so long as you are on the child's birth certificate as the father then OZ would be the same. As MeMock said get the OZ passport first because I think it will ask whether the child has any other passports to his name and it will be easier to just answer no rather than going into details about when and where's.

Then when you travel he leaves on his Thai passport and enters and leaves OZ on his OZ passport, no visa worries then.

HL

My daughter has both Thai and Aussie passports. We got the Thai passport first and the Aussie later. Thai passport is very easy. To get the Aussie passport you first have to go through the citizenship route which does require a visit to the Embassy.

That is what my son was told prior to applying to the British Embassy , and when you look at the web site it's like a minefield . It's probably for ensuring he is legally entitled when the parents are not British citizens by birth, but when he applied he simply submitted the form as I said before and the citizenship was automatic and they issued the passport with no problems. The only difficulty was I (the grandfather ) had to apply for a copy of my birth certificate to prove my parents names, which wasn't really difficult just time consuming.

Anyway providing all papers are in order then he should have no trouble.

HL

That is what my son was told prior to applying to the British Embassy , and when you look at the web site it's like a minefield . It's probably for ensuring he is legally entitled when the parents are not British citizens by birth, but when he applied he simply submitted the form as I said before and the citizenship was automatic and they issued the passport with no problems. The only difficulty was I (the grandfather ) had to apply for a copy of my birth certificate to prove my parents names, which wasn't really difficult just time consuming.

Anyway providing all papers are in order then he should have no trouble.

HL

Op is an Australian and as such has to go through the citizenship route first - believe me- been there done that.