Buy me a House

thaipaul

Sorry to be so blunt, but I would hate to see another one taken to the cleaners.

To be just as blunt, my attitude is som nam na, he deserves to be taken to the cleaners, not only does he deserve it, he is down on his hands and knees begging to be taken to the cleaners.

This must be a troll, surely people like this dont actually make it here on their own without the nanny state to take care of them.

Makes me wonder how he managed to get from Swampy to Pattaya on his own.

Yeah buy the house and land, her family probably own the land anyway, never mind.

Make sure to build the biggest gaudiest construction for miles around, throw up some Roman/Greco style columns and pillars to make the mansion look even more trashier and LoSo, the locals will love it, proves you love her roi parcent.

Make sure the Fortuna is in her name as well, saves on any difficulty she may have when she tries to sell it after you have departed these shores back to wherever you came from.

What about marriage and sin sot, got that thrashed out have we, this one sounds as if it should be 5 million sin sot, wouldnt want khum por to lose face with his lao kao drinking buddies, khun mae needs to be able to hold her head high at the local Hi Lo card school.

Some gold for the mother as well, 10 baht sounds about right.

You have a keeper there, best grab her fast, the good ones always go quick.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Sorry to be so blunt, but I would hate to see another one taken to the cleaners.

To be just as blunt, my attitude is som nam na, he deserves to be taken to the cleaners, not only does he deserve it, he is down on his hands and knees begging to be taken to the cleaners.

This must be a troll, surely people like this dont actually make it here on their own without the nanny state to take care of them.

Yeah buy the house and land, her family probably own the land anyway, never mind.

Make sure to build the biggest gaudiest construction for miles around, throw up some Roman/Greco style columns and pillars to make the mansion look even more trashier and LoSo, the locals will love it, proves you love her roi parcent.

Make sure the Fortuna is in her name as well, saves on any difficulty she may have when she tries to sell it after you have departed these shores back to wherever you came from.

What about marriage and sin sot, got that thrashed out have we, this one sounds as if it should be 5 million sin sot, wouldnt want khum por to lose face with his lao kao drinking buddies, khun mae needs to be able to hold her head high at the local Hi Lo card school.

Good luck.

Cynical ?

OP, it seems you have all the answers already to satisfy yourself. Good luck and goodnight. thumbsup.gif

If you are able to read a Post and use your brain, then you will find some other Questions!

- how its in Khon Kaen?

- how its on Counrtyside?

are you able to find more, use your brain! :-)

OP, it seems you have all the answers already to satisfy yourself. Good luck and goodnight. thumbsup.gif

If you are able to read a Post and use your brain, then you will find some other Questions!

- how its in Khon Kaen?

Good advice there about using your brain.

You should use yours. Rather than asking about what the area is like, maybe you should ask yourself "should I give my one and only pension to someone I have just met and let her buy herself a house with it?"

And before you say it, yes it will be her house, no it won't be yours, no it won't be half-hers and half-yours. It will be hers.

It could be the nicest place in the whole world, but think about what you're doing. Just to save on rent?

It's not sensible.

- how its in Khon Kaen?

You tell him.

You should also use yours a little, go and rent a house in the area for a year and see if you like it and if the missus is still around...kill 2 birds kinda.

At least your name ain't Tony.

• Like 1

I am assuming you know very little about Thailand, and you have not spent many weeks alone with your gf. If this is the case, and bearing in mind you say you cannot afford to lose any investment money, then my advice is this.

Assuming your gf loves you, you tell her you want her to be your serious partner and you live together for a year as far away from Pattaya and Khon Kaen as possible. Try Mae Hong Son or Chang Rai in the North, or, Koh Tao in the South. AWAY from her family!

If she says OK, rent a property for a few months, or even a long stay in a cheap hotel would be better. If she is working in Pattaya she will have to give up her job. So you will have to find money for her living expenses. She will likely say she needs to send money home. Put a maximum on that of 15,000 baht. If she is earning more than that then her profession might not be what you think. If she is a bar girl.... Be very very cautious.

Things will hopefully be great for you....I hope so. BUT if after 3 weeks the stories with crying and many tears start about sick buffalo, stolen motorbike, father in hospital, then the alarm bells will start to ring. When you tell her you cannot give anymore money, she will then say OK she has to return to work in Pattaya to get the money. This leaves you feeling guilty and sorry for her and your inner feelings of responsibility will likely kick in....... At this point your choice will determine the rest of your wealth for the rest of your life.

Ask yourself if she cannot stay with you for a few weeks without additional payment, what hope have you got for the rest of your life. Go and stay with your mate in Chonburi and talk to him.

Edited by iancnx
  • Like 1

Known her 6 Months.

Maybe met in Pattaya.?

Country girl. How old?

A lifetime to save this money?

Six months and want to spend a lot of it?

You are fluent in Thai?

She is fluent in English?

She is telling you everything you want to hear about how smart it is?

You have never been there?

"Another one bites the dust"

You will not build a decent house for less than 1 000 000 baht. Decent place to rent; 4 000 baht/month...I suppose if you plan on living 21 more years the house will be cheaper.

If you are not used to country or village life you're going to be bored to tears. Best off giving that life a trial run. Assuming you are not trolling hard, keep your money tight and see how much your dahkling loves you before committing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

- how its in Khon Kaen?

Dear Lord!!

Why dont you visit there and find out what its like?

In hope you are a troll! If not you have to be the most naive man ever!

It's a house for her and her family, nothing there for you.

But buy it for her if you want, as a gift.

How true! Try not buying one and see if she still stays with you. Wait two years, marry, rent for a year, and if she is till with you then give her your money, and let her buy a few houses...she earned it.

How long do you know your GF? You are aware that you would give the money to her as "gift" and have no rights to that house when your GF decides to leave you after you paid? Never buy a house for your GF / wife, if you can't afford to loose all the money and continue with your living.

Finally, whether YOU would want to live in that place when you retire (and still are with your GF who is the owner of the house) is something only you can decide after having visited.

1. - a half Year

2. - not a Gift its for her and my to live there when i get retired next year.

3.- i cant lose it is my last money that i saved for my retired live

First she want buy Land then build not a full Furniture House.

You cant own the land.. the house you can own for a while with 30 year leases. My advise run.. but I agree with others .. your probably a troll because nobody would buy something for the girl you only know half a year that you can't own. They can kick you out at any moment.

Is just a idea she asked my, but i have also to decide waht i do whit my Pension we still discuss.

Mr thaipaul! Wake up!

She doesn' want to lower your rentexpenses!  She wants your money! If you not are very careful and less naive, you will be back in your homecountry within a year, without any of the money, you had saved for retirement!

So for starters rent a place, you can probably get a nice townhouse in Pattaya for 10.000/month on a long contract. If you later want to own something, consider buying a condominium which you can do in your name. A lawyer will be able to help you.

Living in the sticks outside Khon Kaen, in a house owned by a girl you met in a bar on a holiday, is a recipe for disaster!

Good luck!Posted Image

I agree 100% with the above.Rent and then if you want buy a condo in your name.Just visit up country don't build.You will lose it all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You will not build a decent house for less than 1 000 000 baht. Decent place to rent; 4 000 baht/month...I suppose if you plan on living 21 more years the house will be cheaper.

If you are not used to country or village life you're going to be bored to tears. Best off giving that life a trial run. Assuming you are not trolling hard, keep your money tight and see how much your dahkling loves you before committing.

That is correct, on both counts. I live 5 minutes from downtown Udon. I love it, and I am not bored. The same goes for Khon Kaen....I suppose some enjoy it. However....if you are an active fellow, do not build too far out in the boonies. It is nice enough, but you will get bored

Assuming the OP is not a troll, then he is definitely a dog with a bone that he wont let go. Its annoying that when a poster asks for info' or advice then ignores it and carries on like a runaway train.

Its right about now my sympathies fly firmly out of the window !

• Like 1

Good luck.

Cynical ?

Cynical, dont know, more like gobsmacked, astonished, amazed, a total lack of understanding.

With the amount of information available these days, why do these suckers keep falling for it.

Yes I have worked with them, heck even the Thais told them no to do it, this woman is no good, her family is no good, what the heck the farang always thinks his girl is different.

The best line I have ever read on TV was, "I only wanted to rescue her"

Well you can guess the rest.

Anyway, the above is all just ones and zeros in cyberspace.

Do I care, do I heck.

• Like 1

1. Buy a House/Land is one Investment.

2. Rent a House or Condo cost you during about 10Years much more.

3. Cost and Living in the Northeast/Isaan Pampa Counrtyside is probably cheaper then in Bangkok, Pattaya or other Citys

4. Affraid losing my House make a Son, my Son will have 2 Passports so i will write the Housebook on my Son s Name.

Got it you all have to use your brain here Cheap Charlie Crowds here! laugh.png

Edited by thaipaul

3. Cost and Living in the Northeast/Isaan Pampa Counrtyside is probably cheaper then in Bangkok, Pattaya or other Citys

4. Affraid losing my House make a Son, my Son will have 2 Passports so i will write the Housebook on my Son s Name.

1. Buy a house/land in someone else's name is NOT an investment.

2. Renting a house/condo can make you money depending on the rental price, and the return on your money if invested elsewhere.

3. Cost of living for food/gas/fuel/clothing/shoes/etc. (excluding housing) in rural Thailand (Issan in particular) is often more expensive than in the big cities (strange but true).

4. Son? This is the first time you have mentioned a son, if you have one why not buy the house/land in his name, as his parent you can control him and his assets until age 20.

Or is it your step son to be? Having known her for just six month this would seem to be a more accurate description? So....

Please add to the negative responses. The boy's father will likely be her boyfriend who lives next door. He will be introduced to you as her cousin.

Poor poor bas&£rd.

• 3 weeks later...

I know my GF from Pattaya and she want that i support and help to build a House for her Family in the north east of Thailand at Countryside near Khon Kaen. Is this a good Invest when i get old to live there? But i never been there befor! 

Don't feed the troll... :blink:

• Like 1

1. Buy a house/land in someone else's name is NOT an investment.

2. Renting a house/condo can make you money depending on the rental price, and the return on your money if invested elsewhere.

3. Cost of living for food/gas/fuel/clothing/shoes/etc. (excluding housing) in rural Thailand (Issan in particular) is often more expensive than in the big cities (strange but true).

4. Son? This is the first time you have mentioned a son, if you have one why not buy the house/land in his name, as his parent you can control him and his assets until age 20.

He said "make a son"....his plan is to "make" a son and then put the house in his name.

crazy.gif

If this poster is for real, then he is unwilling to hear any answer except the one he wants to hear. When this happens, there is no reasoning with the guy.