The Beach by Alex Garland

asiletto

Do anyone know if I can buy online somewhere "The Beach" by Alex Garland in Thai language? I would like to show to my thai lady friend why I did falled in love with Thailand.

ps: yes I know, I do falled in love with something that does not exist any more :)

Maya beach still exists, I have heard if you can get there at 6 am you will have an hour or 2 of paradise. If only the tour boats were forced to anchor outside the bay and shuttle the people in, "the beach' would be much better experience. As it is now, it is just a massive boat parking lot.sad.png

• Like 2

Maya beach still exists, I have heard if you can get there at 6 am you will have an hour or 2 of paradise. If only the tour boats were forced to anchor outside the bay and shuttle the people in, "the beach' would be much better experience. As it is now, it is just a massive boat parking lot.sad.png

The Beach is still there, along with plastic bags & bottles, plus other garbage.sad.png

I found a couple of beaches that resemble it in some way, Long Beach in Kho Chang and the other I won't tell where :). Meaning not only the lonely beach far from the World but also the chilled hippies community around :). I fear to see however what's happened to Koh Chang in the last two years, last time I have seen it was looking more and more like Pattaya :( :(.

Thank you for your help anyway, I was thinking (wrong) that because a book is about Thailand it is also translated into thai language.

The Beach is still there, along with plastic bags & bottles, plus other garbage.sad.png

They should have the discarded plastic bottle on the national flag....

I have heard the movie "The Beach" was very unpopular with Thais.

One, the don't like the marijuana growing story line.

Two the beach bars exposed.

And, three, the most amazing to me is that they claim Leonardo and film crew did did a lot of environmental damage to Maya beach when filming.

Did they leave the wrong brand of plastic bags behind?

Maybe they were just bags not made in Thailand?