Flooding and Visa Runs

I have to do my first ever visa run by the end of October.

My wife and I were considering Vientiane or Ayanyaprathet, but the flooding is naturally making things complicated.

We have a car, and can drive a reasonable distance from Nakhon Sawan. Before we throw in the towel, and fly out from BKK on a "vacation", does anyone have any advice on state of the highways and border crossings?

Thanks - Ken

I to live in nahkonsawan province done my first couple of runs in aranyaprathet, drove both times its a long drive,stayed in the town overnight,done quite a few from pattaya, mae sot is the nearest but chech for flooding, don't have visa run problems now got a retirement visa just drive into nahkonsawan every 90days.

I have just returned from a BKK-Savannakhet-BKK trip using the night bus from Bangkok to Mukdahan. No flooding whatsoever that i encountered. I was quite surprised myself but gf says that most of the flooding is around Prachinburi near to Cambodia. I imagine as did not see any flooding going to SK, that Vientaine would be o.k too. However, as you are located in NS, the suggestion to go to Mae Sot seems better as long as there is no flooding as it is a lot nearer. Also as you are in NS i imagine if you went to VT or SK you would go over the mountain range to Khon Kaen onwards. I have done this trip before and it's very mountainous with steep winding roads. I did it in the day before but would not want to do it by bus in the night. I think there would be more risk of flooding here and i have heard of numerous accidents on this road before. If you go be car at least your in control. If you want to go to this location by bus, maybe go to Bangkok first then you go on flat roads all the way. Obviously this is long journey. If funds permit, as you suggest, better to go by plane to Nong Khai or elsewhere for your visa.

I to live in nahkonsawan province done my first couple of runs in aranyaprathet, drove both times its a long drive,stayed in the town overnight,done quite a few from pattaya, mae sot is the nearest but chech for flooding, don't have visa run problems now got a retirement visa just drive into nahkonsawan every 90days.

I also live in NS Province. Why not do your 90 day reports by mail. I do, cost is less than 50 baht and keeps the wife out of Big C and Makro!

I also live in NS Province. Why not do your 90 day reports by mail. I do, cost is less than 50 baht and keeps the wife out of Big C and Makro!

Because he is doing a Visa Run (border hop) has to exit Thailand. Not a report to immigration..Closes border crossing for the OP is Mae Sot