Frankfurts or hotdog sausage

Barney R

Hi does anyone know where u can buy good sausages for hotdogs ? In Australia we have the red hotdog sausage called frankfurters made by Watsonia or D'sorgna that are either boiled or steamed I am searching for similar as my machine can only steam them . Any ideas would be appreciated .

I'm also from Oz and we get ours from Friendship . Can't remember the name but they come in a 1kg pack with red and green writing from memory. They are not red like the Aussie ones , more a light brown but you can steam or microwave them and they have a similar taste. Have to ask my wife the brand name but she is in BKK for the weekend. If i find out i will re-post

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks Bcgardener a name of the product would be good as we live on Koh Chang and nearest good shopping is about 1.5 hrs away

Just looked in the freezer and found a packet. Its Thai German Meats (TGM) and they are called frankfurters on the packet.

I like the "BELUCKY PREMIUM Frankfurters" @ Friendship (5 pieces about 75 Baht). Can steam, boil or BBQ  them. Make sure they are really hot. As good as many European ones.  Enjoy. MS>

Have also tried those and they are also equally as good but the small packets make the TGM ones better value

I never heard about a food store with the name Friendship : do you have an address?

I cant imagine how anyone can live here for more than a week and not find Friendship supermarket.

http://goo.gl/maps/XieBh

At the same time I cant imagine why anyone would willingly buy and eat the sausages that are used for hot dogs. What body parts they are probably made of is just too awful to contemplate.

• Like 2

Friendship, Foodland etc., but if you go into any 7/11 store, they have their own brand ( CP ). They do pork or chicken hot dogs and they do a very tasty Vienna hot dog which is a bit spicy. CP Foods have also started opening shops up nationwide selling only their brand of produce. I believe at one time CP Foods supplied the vast majority of eggs, chickens and fish in Thailand -- probably still do. CP Foods, 7/11 and True all owned by the same guy......I wish I was 10 baht behind him

The best quality sausages that I have found and tested so far in Thailand are from S&P Premo. You can find their premium quality sausages (for instance) at Tesco Lotus and they offer really tasty Frankfurt, Vienna and Italian sausages among other quality products. Usually dearer than the local concurrence, but it's really worth the price difference IMHO.

Drive the 2nd Road to Naklua. At the delphin you follow the Naklua Road for around 600m. There is a Shop "Thai Sausages Meat Supply" on the left site. It's before Bon-Cafe (right streetside).There you can buy Wiener 220,-/kg, Frankfurter 190,-/kg, Big Bologna (2.1kg/273,-Baht, you must ask for it, it's in the cooling room) and much more. Prices are much more cheaper as everywhere other.

They are supply hotels and Guesthouses but sale to everyone.

They are on Facebook now: https://www.facebook.com/TSSpattaya

Edited by snowgard

Why would anyone want to chemically poison himself with that sort of stuff, when so much fresh good food is available in Thailand?

It is called freedom of choice. Much like drinking, smoking, debauchery, driving a scooter, picking ones nose, sleeping in, etc. "Poisoning" ones self with whatever one eats is up to the person who owns the mouth, not the one who questions what is going into it.

• Like 1

Numerous studies have linked the consumption of processed meat to increased incidence of cancer.

Sugar, salt, additives, tobacco, alcohol, coffee, petrol fumes, shell fish, etc. have all been linked to health problems. I live and let live and don't want Big Brother deciding what is good for me to ingest. Studies are good tools, but the decision is a personal matter.

However, thanks for the reminder. I don't eat them much since they are rather pricey.

I live in Bangkok and I am not sure if you have access to a TOPS Market or not; but they sell Meica Wieners from Germany that come in a glass jar imersed in liquid that I have found is best. They are kind of pricey but I only buy them when they are on sale. I just paid 117 baht or a jar of six. They are very good. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Numerous studies have linked the consumption of processed meat to increased incidence of cancer.

The only cause of cancer is living, no dead person dies from cancer, only the living...get a life, stop telling others how to live theirs.

There are plenty of choices for a snag, but dam_n, it's not easy to find a decent roll, to put them in.

Yes, a definite bun problem here (the backery kind). Any news on good buns in BKK?

Tried to make my favorite chilidog once, looked like a scene from World War Z

Edited by metaben
  • Like 1

I never heard about a food store with the name Friendship : do you have an address?

I cant imagine how anyone can live here for more than a week and not find Friendship supermarket.

http://goo.gl/maps/XieBh

At the same time I cant imagine why anyone would willingly buy and eat the sausages that are used for hot dogs. What body parts they are probably made of is just too awful to contemplate.