Frankfurts or hotdog sausage

Barney R

I never heard about a food store with the name Friendship : do you have an address?

I cant imagine how anyone can live here for more than a week and not find Friendship supermarket.

http://goo.gl/maps/XieBh

At the same time I cant imagine why anyone would willingly buy and eat the sausages that are used for hot dogs. What body parts they are probably made of is just too awful to contemplate.

I've lived here 4-1/2 years (Prachuap Khiri Khan) and have never seen one. Are you sure they're not local to your area?

I cant imagine how anyone can live here for more than a week and not find Friendship supermarket.

I've lived here 4-1/2 years (Prachuap Khiri Khan) and have never seen one. Are you sure they're not local to your area?

Pattaya forum thread. So "here" = "Pattaya".

At the same time I cant imagine why anyone would willingly buy and eat the sausages that are used for hot dogs. What body parts they are probably made of is just too awful to contemplate.

Hey Kitten quit coming off so arrogant and condescending. Nobody likes that BS. Either give a straight answer of keep your trap quiet. Not everyone knows every square inch of Thailand and what's where. Why don't you go post on a health food forum if you disagree with someone wanting a hot dog.

Wasn't the Google Maps link with a photo of the supermarket in question and a box for finding directions to it from anywhere in Thailand straight enough for you? Hard to see how I could have provided more or better information, short of offering to drive the bloke there in my car.

If one reads and answers messages in the Pattaya forum it seems reasonable to me to suppose that the people involved are indeed discussing Pattaya and not Nakorn Nowhere.

As for my comments about the health aspects of hotdogs; I'll say what I like. You dont have to read it and you dont have to agree. At no point did I suggest that people should stop eating them if they want to; it's entirely up to them.

I prefer all beef smoked hotdogs, like you find in New York City. I can get them at Foodland in the meats section. Quality is not great but they have that distinctive smokey flavor.

I tried that new hot dog stand up in the Nana BTS station just hear the Soi 8 escalator. Its not bad. The chili they slop on doesnt add much, and they have boring mustard. I think if they improved the chili and mustard I would eat these dogs once in a while.

I live in Bangkok and I am not sure if you have access to a TOPS Market or not; but they sell Meica Wieners from Germany that come in a glass jar imersed in liquid that I have found is best. They are kind of pricey but I only buy them when they are on sale. I just paid 117 baht or a jar of six. They are very good. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

There is aTops in Central Festival and I am sure there will be more in Pattaya.

Numerous studies have linked the consumption of processed meat to increased incidence of cancer.

Numerous studies have also linked SMOKING, any kinds of meat eaten regularly, etc., etc., but we still consume them or use them.

Decent hotdogs similar to US hotdogs at 7-11 called 'Smokey' - normally they sell them cooked but you can buy them for about 13bt apiece to cook yourself.

I never heard about a food store with the name Friendship : do you have an address?

Friendship is on opp. side of S.Pattaya Rd . from the 2nd road, looks like a Chinese Market with its decor but It is in my opinion a great alternative to Villa Market or additional shopping location , which it has been for us. Does anybody sell fresh lamb in Pattaya or Bkk for that matter ! PM pls dont want to steal the thread!

Sorry ,almost forgot, that old wives tale about the ingredients of Hot Dogs or Frankfurters or Franks ,in NYC language...yes it comes from during prohibition , business was so bad one butcher made up the tale of what the butcher across the street put in his sausages ,and when it came to the poor man's favorite , well when the story gets told enuff ,it translates into legend ,in this case plain old BS ! The Government inspectors have been arrested or meat companies fined for various health code violations! They use all parts of eatable meat products from whichever animal their made from.BB

Edited by TheWizardofRnR

Hey Kitten quit coming off so arrogant and condescending. Nobody likes that BS. Either give a straight answer of keep your trap quiet. Not everyone knows every square inch of Thailand and what's where. Why don't you go post on a health food forum if you disagree with someone wanting a hot dog.

Wasn't the Google Maps link with a photo of the supermarket in question and a box for finding directions to it from anywhere in Thailand straight enough for you? Hard to see how I could have provided more or better information, short of offering to drive the bloke there in my car.

If one reads and answers messages in the Pattaya forum it seems reasonable to me to suppose that the people involved are indeed discussing Pattaya and not Nakorn Nowhere.

As for my comments about the health aspects of hotdogs; I'll say what I like. You dont have to read it and you dont have to agree. At no point did I suggest that people should stop eating them if they want to; it's entirely up to them.

You implied it, genius. I am 100% certain you have no friends anywhere on this planet. News for you : You're not the smartest guy in the room , just the most obnoxious. You need to get your attitude straightened out.

You implied it, genius. I am 100% certain you have no friends anywhere on this planet. News for you : You're not the smartest guy in the room , just the most obnoxious. You need to get your attitude straightened out.

Here endeth the lesson. smile.png

Friendship is on opp. side of S.Pattaya Rd . from the 2nd road, looks like a Chinese Market with its decor but It is in my opinion a great alternative to Villa Market or additional shopping location , which it has been for us. Does anybody sell fresh lamb in Pattaya or Bkk for that matter ! PM pls dont want to steal the thread!

Sorry ,almost forgot, that old wives tale about the ingredients of Hot Dogs or Frankfurters or Franks ,in NYC language...yes it comes from during prohibition , business was so bad one butcher made up the tale of what the butcher across the street put in his sausages ,and when it came to the poor man's favorite , well when the story gets told enuff ,it translates into legend ,in this case plain old BS ! The Government inspectors have been arrested or meat companies fined for various health code violations! They use all parts of eatable meat products from whichever animal their made from.BB

Sounds like the propaganda started by the Brits during the war to fool the Germans about having invented radar! they printed many articles on how carrots improved your eyesight people still quote this even today.

I even heard a Thai this once.