Pbair

TBWG

HI

Just flown on above route, great flight, on time, nice aircraft Embraer 145 regonal jet, can recommend it. Just hope it lasts as less than half full.

Would be a shame if it folded due to low load factor. :o

TBWG :D

MORE INFO PEASE ...

You think it was worth it ... price versus time (incuding getting to the airport etc?)

Hi JD

See website http://www.pbair.com/

Bearing in mind I only live 10km from Buriram Apt with a flight time of 50 mins I can be from house to center BKK in about 2 hours for baht 2,200 which seems pretty good to me. :D

However if price was my only criteria then it would have to be 5-6 hours on a bus! :D

Airline seems professional and is owned by Singha Breweries so no financial worries unlike previous operator Phuket Air :o

TBWG :D

cool .. it was recc'd by someone here as a way to get to Nakhon Ratchasima ... didn't make sense to me ... (amd I got spanked for thinking they were still connecte with Phuket)

I rather enjoy driing around Thailand ... seeing new things every trip ... so would probably skip PBAir at 4400 baht RT :o

On what days do they fly and and at what times please? I will arrive May 05 in Bangkok at about 12:30 and then need to go to Buriram.

Sorry, I'm to lazy to go to PBAir website. No, really, this work computer is just to ###### slow!

On what days do they fly and and at what times please? I will arrive May 05 in Bangkok at about 12:30 and then need to go to Buriram.

Sorry, I'm to lazy to go to PBAir website. No, really, this work computer is just to ###### slow!

,wed & sat 06.10 dep BKK arr BFV 07.00

Mon dep BKK 09.00 arrBFV 09.50

Edited by lampard10

You may all find this attachment useful. I flew them to Bangkok recently and they were very efficient, intend using them on a regular basis. The only annoying part is their current website online booking only allows reservations to be made the day before on the Buriram route. My enquiries with them did indicate that this would change.........soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:D

post-17773-1146388003_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. Of course I arrive on Friday after noon. I'm not going to book into a hotel in BKK just for the next mornings' flight. Looks like I'll be taking the taxi again. It worked out fine the last time thanks to the advice I got from this forum.

FOUR DAYS TO GO!!! YEAHHHH!

Just flown on above route, great flight, on time, nice aircraft Embraer 145 regonal jet, can recommend it. Just hope it lasts as less than half full.

I concur -- we use this route too and PBAir is a vast improvement on the so-called "airlines" that were previously servicing this route (Andaman Air, Phuket Air).

I've also flown on their BKK-Danang route and it was much the same -- on time, friendly service, etc.

I flew them to Bangkok recently and they were very efficient, intend using them on a regular basis. The only annoying part is their current website online booking only allows reservations to be made the day before on the Buriram route. My enquiries with them did indicate that this would change.........soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:D

Just for any interested parties, as of yesterday PBAir went fully on line for internet bookings (on the Bangkok/Buriram/Bangkok route anyway......haven't checked any other of their routes yet).

The website allowed me the choice to book all dates throughout 2006.

The current full return fare Bkk-Bfv-Bkk was 4,720 (inclusive of fuel surcharge) for a May-June return flight .

Cheers..............RayBan :D

Pretty steep. If I was a high roller in a hurry, maybe it would be of interest, but I'd rather catch up on some reading and sleep on the night train at 1000 baht RT.

I am aware of the night sleeper jing jing and I have thought about giving it a try, can you give a little more info..............cheers....... :o

Hi Lourens, I arrive 15th May pop round for a beer, nice to see you.

4,400Bt round trip ?? :D When TG was flying the same route a couple of years ago it was 1,250Bt return. :o

No it wasn't...................................8 years ago it was 910 baht one way, double return.

I remember paying 890 baht. that was about 10 years ago, b l o o d y fuel costs etc.

Just booked online for the 17th, Bangkok -- Buriram one way, Easy, just got to confirm at PB Air in airport, 1 hour before. paid by secure transfer, visa card.

Got to tell the Mia noi, leaving early that morning.......

Edited by Thaicoon

If memory serves me right the airport opened in about 88. Remember seeing a big advert in Thai Rath advertising the opening of the route. The cheap fare everyone is quoting was infact subsidised by the Thai Government to about half of the economic rate. This I think lasted for about 3 years and then Thai replaced the 737s with the more economic ATRs. But with their overblown structure the service still lost millions of Baht but the government refused to let them withdraw from the root.