Vientiane

Does anyone has experience with the application for the extension of a Non Immigrant B Visa in Vientane, Laos

I live in Chiang Mai.

Although the link in the previous post is quite informative regarding types of visa's etc., it made no mention of Vientiane.

I can tell you from first-hand experience, many times, that any visa considered at the Thai Consulate in Vientiane is purely at the discression of the issuing officer/person/application taker, etc. I've witnessed people turned down for not having their Thai bank books, marriage certificates, etc. ....In all the years I've traveled to Vientiane for visas, I've always, without exception, found them to be quite rude and non-flexible; not just towards me but everyone I've witnessed.

I went there once for a non-imm, multi-entry and was issued a tourist visa without any explanation at all. All my papers (I assumed) were in order as they were previously when applied for at a different consulate with no problem. When I tried to talk to the officer there they just ignored me.

By the way, I was well dressed, clean shaven, etc. (detecting & averting an inbound flame)

These days, it appears the best place(s) are Penang & Singapore providing your papers are in order. If you do travel to Vientiane for a visa I would be interested to know the outcome and how you were treated. I need to go next month for a new visa but planned on Singapore for better and more courteous service unless the consulate in Vientiane has had a stiff cup of mocha....

Does anyone has experience with the application for the extension of a Non Immigrant B Visa in Vientane, Laos

I live in Chiang Mai.

Although the link in the previous post is quite informative regarding types of visa's etc., it made no mention of Vientiane.

I can tell you from first-hand experience, many times, that any visa considered at the Thai Consulate in Vientiane is purely at the discression of the issuing officer/person/application taker, etc.

The reason the OP was directed to the link was that he/she was referring to an extension of a Non Immigrant B Visa, not an application for a new visa.

(quote: Yorkie) The reason the OP was directed to the link was that he/she was referring to an extension of a Non Immigrant B Visa, not an application for a new visa.

...and can you tell us where, in that link it says anything about Vientiane? In addition, as far as I know, Thai consulates do not give extensions on non-B visas. Once they're time is up one has to apply for a new one, perhaps one may apply for an extension within the country for emergency reasons, etc.,......