How much for lunch buffet at holiday inn now ?

Beng

Phew it's gone up a bit in price since I last went, saying that though it used to be that kids ate for free at the Sunday Buffet, which if I took the wife and kids would be fairly reasonable.

I went to Oishi in Airport Plaza a week or two back for their buffet.Two adults were north of 500 baht each and my 9 year son was measured and deemed an adult so paid over 500 as well, my daughter at just seven years old was just shy of the height for an adult, she paid half price I think?? We are certainly no family of giants and I would have walked if I wasn't starving and so much of a lazy bugger.

The buffet wasn't bad but nowhere the quality of the Holiday Inn Sunday Buffet, I'll stop rambling now but had to let vent somewhere and why not TV for a good whinge tongue.png

Phew it's gone up a bit in price since I last went, saying that though it used to be that kids ate for free at the Sunday Buffet, which if I took the wife and kids would be fairly reasonable.

I went to Oishi in Airport Plaza a week or two back for their buffet.Two adults were north of 500 baht each and my 9 year son was measured and deemed an adult so paid over 500 as well, my daughter at just seven years old was just shy of the height for an adult, she paid half price I think?? We are certainly no family of giants and I would have walked if I wasn't starving and so much of a lazy bugger.

The buffet wasn't bad but nowhere the quality of the Holiday Inn Sunday Buffet, I'll stop rambling now but had to let vent somewhere and why not TV for a good whinge tongue.png

How do they gauge little fat kids?

Do they measure girth as well as height? biggrin.png

• Like 2

How do they gauge little fat kids?

Do they measure girth as well as height? biggrin.png

No girth didn't seem to be an issue though I did make sure my son ate his own body weight in food in our allotted timesmile.png

To me, the "cheap" buffet at the Holiday Inn is not worth the money because it is too boring. You can get pretty much the same thing at the Grandview for much less money. The expensive, Sunday buffet is not worth the money either. I rather go to Chez Marco, The Duke's or Butter is Better and order exactly what I want for at least half the price.

• Like 1

I have skipped the lunch buffet although at 299baht if I am still on the area looking for a lazy afternoon I will head there

The dinner seafood BBQ is the winner and comparing that to the one in Shangrila

The HI one is a winner with the variety and the freshness of the BBQ ...the only caveat is to go right on the dot as the size of the shrimps and crabs gets progressively smaller as the night wears off

They have a current promotion of buying 5 adult voices and getting one free or use the HI card for the 15% off

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I second Empress but must try Grand View soon- seems good.

Grand view was good then went down hill. but it is cheaper than the Empress or the Holiday Inn. I vote for the Empress as it seemed to me to have 2 to 3 times the selection.

the Shangrila no longer has the sea food buffet Wednesday nights I think it is now Japanese.