Pajero Sport 2014 gets a facelift?

anon210

The question is... Does Thailand get to partake?

Found some videos of the new PJS sport, and it looks pretty much more in line with the rest of the lineup of Mitsubishi (Outlander anyone?). Not sure what other modifications

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbfd_cO6nXY

At least in Russia, they get stability control... http://allcars2014.com/2014-mitsubishi-pajero-sport-facelift-and-price/

I guess I should prepare for a further loss of value of my current PJS (2012 model).

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that the PJS is due for a major update in 2014 (I've been planning to update mine on this basis). This is what has been previously reported by various folk, but of course, things can change.

If by major update you mean new model, expect that in 2015. If you mean another minor change, expect that in January :)

Yes, I meant the new model. So they've put it back to 2015? Thanks for the info - can you point me to any reliable sources?

No such thing as a reliable source when you're talking about speculating on the future release date of new models - even the best of sources right now could be proven wrong as business goals and economics change plans :P

Fair enough. I've had mine now for more than two years - not into the minor update thing. I was hoping to replace it next year, but with 2015 being launch year, it will be nearly four years old (and likely have about 6,000 km on the odo - currently just over three). Maybe have to jump ship to some other brand of SUV if a new model with better specs comes out beforehand. I would even consider going for a Fortuner if they fixed up their rear seats to fully fold down. The front seats look more comfortable (better padding) than the PJS - but I've never sat in one, so I don't know.

Fair enough. I've had mine now for more than two years - not into the minor update thing. I was hoping to replace it next year, but with 2015 being launch year, it will be nearly four years old (and likely have about 6,000 km on the odo - currently just over three). Maybe have to jump ship to some other brand of SUV if a new model with better specs comes out beforehand. I would even consider going for a Fortuner if they fixed up their rear seats to fully fold down. The front seats look more comfortable (better padding) than the PJS - but I've never sat in one, so I don't know.

Well, the good new for Mitsubishi then is that all other next-gen PPV's are also 2015 launches (Toyota and Nissan) - the only one we may see before then is the new Everest, but it's more of a 'catch-up' than a next-gen model ;)

• 1 month later...

Well, the good new for Mitsubishi then is that all other next-gen PPV's are also 2015 launches (Toyota and Nissan) - the only one we may see before then is the new Everest, but it's more of a 'catch-up' than a next-gen model wink.png

What performance, refinement or chasis dynamics do you forsee differentiating the imv2 ppv, new pjs, etc from the current generation ppvs and the everest? I know the current ppvs are much better than the previous but given how they were restricted to rear leafs and i dont feel the trailblazer was much of an improvement over my pjs.

Be nice if they offered a premium trim with more kit and over 2 airbags this time, my sport rider and the gwagon got 1, my pjs has 2, hopefully we can get some better safety kit like we do in australia on the challenger, fine we got rear drums and only 2 airbags but no stability control is let down.

Btw any info on the 2014 minor change, im assuming the grill refresh and the 2din (currently exclusive to petrol v6) plus an additional display on top for compass, fuel economy, etc will be the jist of it. would be interesting if they finally offer VSC thumbsup.gif .

Well, the good new for Mitsubishi then is that all other next-gen PPV's are also 2015 launches (Toyota and Nissan) - the only one we may see before then is the new Everest, but it's more of a 'catch-up' than a next-gen model wink.png

What performance, refinement or chasis dynamics do you forsee differentiating the imv2 ppv, new pjs, etc from the current generation ppvs and the everest? I know the current ppvs are much better than the previous but given how they were restricted to rear leafs and i dont feel the trailblazer was much of an improvement over my pjs.

Be nice if they offered a premium trim with more kit and over 2 airbags this time, my sport rider and the gwagon got 1, my pjs has 2, hopefully we can get some better safety kit like we do in australia on the challenger, fine we got rear drums and only 2 airbags but no stability control is let down.

Btw any info on the 2014 minor change, im assuming the grill refresh and the 2din (currently exclusive to petrol v6) plus an additional display on top for compass, fuel economy, etc will be the jist of it. would be interesting if they finally offer VSC thumbsup.gif .

You source on the Pajero Sport 2014 minor change is correct - it will just be a new front grille which will more closely resemble the all-new Triton styling language when it's released later this year, and an upgraded audio system. Not much else they can do with it - the only thing left in the parts bin is safety features, which the TH market still won't pay for.

No-one has driven any of the next-gen PPV's, so you can only guess.... It would stand to reason that they will all be looking to improve upon current offerings in all major areas (FE, HP, Ride, NVH and handling) though. No chest-beating stories to report on yet.

What we know so far for the next-gen is still pretty limited..

The next Fortuner seems to be a 2016-17 release now (and the next-gen Hilux has been put back to 2015-16). No word on engines for the Toyotas, but a hybrid option is rumored by some, but that could just be some wishful thinking by Toyota fans in light of Mitsu's more public display of their hybrid intentions in the GR-HEV concept.

The Next gen Triton almost certainly releases this year though (H2), with the new PJS following in 2015. Rumors have it the new Mitsu's will have a 2.2L diesel, and a Diesel Hybrid option is almost certain (refer above), but the "HEV" part will likely wait until a 2016-17 minor change.

The next gen Navara also releases this year, with a new 2.3L Renault 200HP diesel engine in the top models. There have been rumors in the past (from Nissan AU sources) that a PPV version of the Navara will also follow, but there's also competing rumors circulating that the new X-Trail (already released elsewhere) will be launched in TH this year, which a PPV Navara would just cannibalize, so until Nissan make a more concrete statement, don't hold out for that one.

• Like 2

You source on the Pajero Sport 2014 minor change is correct - it will just be a new front grille which will more closely resemble the all-new Triton styling language when it's released later this year, and an upgraded audio system. Not much else they can do with it - the only thing left in the parts bin is safety features, which the TH market still won't pay for.

No-one has driven any of the next-gen PPV's, so you can only guess.... It would stand to reason that they will all be looking to improve upon current offerings in all major areas (FE, HP, Ride, NVH and handling) though. No chest-beating stories to report on yet.

What we know so far for the next-gen is still pretty limited..

The next Fortuner seems to be a 2016-17 release now (and the next-gen Hilux has been put back to 2015-16). No word on engines for the Toyotas, but a hybrid option is rumored by some, but that could just be some wishful thinking by Toyota fans in light of Mitsu's more public display of their hybrid intentions in the GR-HEV concept.

The Next gen Triton almost certainly releases this year though (H2), with the new PJS following in 2015. Rumors have it the new Mitsu's will have a 2.2L diesel, and a Diesel Hybrid option is almost certain (refer above), but the "HEV" part will likely wait until a 2016-17 minor change.

The next gen Navara also releases this year, with a new 2.3L Renault 200HP diesel engine in the top models. There have been rumors in the past (from Nissan AU sources) that a PPV version of the Navara will also follow, but there's also competing rumors circulating that the new X-Trail (already released elsewhere) will be launched in TH this year, which a PPV Navara would just cannibalize, so until Nissan make a more concrete statement, don't hold out for that one.

Very Informative, We need a new MRO 2014 future trends thread wai2.gif

Amazing how long in the tooth the vigo is and im sure they will still be able to milk the imv given how many new red plate champs and fortuners i see including a neighbors. Have to admit as old as it is, the refreshes help it age well and stay suprisingly relevant. I remember the latest gwagon and strada refresh had them incorporate some of the triton design language so we are definately at that stage again. I saw some recent spy shots of the new triton under wraps being track tested, spent a good 30 minutes trying to find the source but couldnt when i tried to revisit them. Looks like the truck will not be as wild as the gr-hev concept and looked more conservative, Definately interested how the interiors of the new triton will be, im suprised how well the companies have kept the seal on everything, not even a tease on what the interiors of the everest will be either.

a 2.2L diesel and a hybrid option be interesting, i also read the intial triton releases will not feature the hybrid until midlife, guess thats a reason to hold on to my pjs for the time being. With Mitsu you always get the most featured out car at the end, they throw a few new with-held features every january. Havent seen the new x-trail, will have a look as im sure itll at least inform some of the inteior of the potential navara ppv the way the pjs incorporated outlanders climate control, wiper and indicator stalks, etc.

ราคา Pajero sport 2014

Pajero Sport 2wd 2.4 GLS 128 แรงม้า ราคา 928,000 บาท

Pajero Sport 2wd 2.5 GLS 178 แรงม้า ราคา 1,031,000 บาท

Pajero Sport 2wd 2.5 GT 178 แรงม้า ราคา 1,225,000 บาท

Pajero Sport 2wd 3.0 GT 219 แรงม้า ราคา 1,310,000 บาท

Pajero Sport 4wd 2.5 GT 178 แรงม้า ราคา 1,397,000 บาท

สีขาวมุกเพิ่ม 15,000 บาท

post-7527-13888415526933_thumb.jpg

post-7527-13888415901627_thumb.jpg

post-7527-13888416124705_thumb.jpg

post-7527-13888416359036_thumb.jpg

post-7527-13888416685708_thumb.jpg

post-7527-13888416903564_thumb.jpg

post-7527-13888417234267_thumb.jpg

post-7527-1388841746944_thumb.jpg

post-7527-13888417701119_thumb.jpg

Sent from iPad

• Like 1

ราคา Pajero sport 2014 Pajero Sport 2wd 2.4 GLS 128 แรงม้า ราคา 928,000 บาท Pajero Sport 2wd 2.5 GLS 178 แรงม้า ราคา 1,031,000 บาท Pajero Sport 2wd 2.5 GT 178 แรงม้า ราคา 1,225,000 บาท Pajero Sport 2wd 3.0 GT 219 แรงม้า ราคา 1,310,000 บาท Pajero Sport 4wd 2.5 GT 178 แรงม้า ราคา 1,397,000 บาท สีขาวมุกเพิ่ม 15,000 บาท attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841552.763658.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841590.017565.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841612.259523.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841635.740780.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841668.356502.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841690.389771.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841723.415805.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841746.981174.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388841770.491468.jpg Sent from iPad

Looks like the pjs refresh will now include the vsc finally like the challenger, still 2 airbags but im assuming the image of a disc brake indicates they will be offering rear discs like the trailblazer rather than the drums like before.