Japanese businessman plunges to his death in Sri Racha district

webfact

Japanese Businessman Plunges To His Death

By Khaosod Online

CHONBURI: -- A Japanese national has reportedly jumped off the balcony of an apartment building in Chonburi province to his death.

The incident took place at a condominium in Sri Racha district. At the scene the police found the body of the victim, who was identified as Mr. Hendo, a 37 year old Japanese national. He was said to be a manager of a firm in the nearby industrial estate.

The police also found a photo of Mr. Hendo with a woman and a boy - believed to be his wife and child - in the locket worn by the victim.

Mr. Manote Charoensuk, 45, a personal driver of Mr. Hendo, told police he was waiting at the condominium ground floor to pick up Mr. Hendo to work when he heard about a man plunging from the building. Mr. Manote said he rushed to the scene and recognised his employer, so he immediately called the staff at his company.

He also told police he believed Mr. Hendo could not have committed suicide off the building as he never showed his stress.

However, police said they had inspected CCTV footages in the building which reportedly showed Mr. Hendo leaving his room at 05.45 and heading to the outdoor swimming pool on 6th floor, where he took the plunge to his death.

The Embassy of Japan has been informed about the incident, police added.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1qWTVORFUxTnc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-10-25

Something smells fishy about these "jumpings". There's just too many of these incidents in Thailand involving foreigners. It's fairly rare to hear about people jumping off buildings back home. It's approaching daily news in The Land of Simles. The inner cynic inside me suggests darker forces may be at work ....

• Like 2

as we know men and women kill in different ways do they also commit suicide in different ways, is jumping a man thing, the thing is did he jump or was he pushed, it' all far to common here and a little worrying.

do some research on Philippino maids "falling" from buildings in Hong Kong while hanging out the washing

My condolences to the family and friends. It's sad to see people chose this way out. He seemed to have a rather good career for such a young guy.

RIP.

What is the source of your certainty that this was by choice?

If you have evidence that indicates something to the contrary, please share it.

What is entirely inappropriate is the release of photographs such as the one in this story. I'll bet that didn't come from the family ( as indeed is implied in the linked article). It's a gross invasion of privacy ( although given what appears in some other stories/deaths/accidents/murders , this one may seem tame) . Are these given to the media by the police? If so, why?

Do you like me, have this terrible urge for jumping when entering a tall building in Thailand!!!

No

I aint no Superman who can leap over tall buildings or fly.

Im 62 and have not pissed off enough people yet, family included,

So I plan to stay around till about 120 years old whistling.gif

My condolences for this man and his family. Death is rarely welcomed and especially sad when he was a young man, with a young child.

Not particular to this specific fall from a building; however, it does seem that there are almost weekly occurrances of people falling from building - more so in Pattaya and Puket - Bangkok has a much larger population but these incidents are far fewer here. Statistically, these occurrances are very troublesome, and it seems that investigation by the government, police, even newspapers should be conducted.

An isolated fall is sad for the person, family an friends; however, a continued pattern is a travesty.