Magnitude-7.1 hits north-eastern Japan, tsunami observed

webfact

Magnitude-7.1 hits north-eastern Japan, tsunami observed

Tokyo - A magnitude-7.1 earthquake struck early Saturday off the coast of north-eastern Japan, prompting authorities to urge residents to evacuate prefectures and issue a tsunami warning.

The tremor occurred at 2:10 am (17:10 Friday GMT) and its epicenter was located off Fukushima prefecture at a depth of 10 kilometres, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

The quake prompted the agency to issue tsunami warning and thousands of residents were urged to evacuate in the prefectures of Iwate and Miyagi. Tsunami waves of up to 0.4 metres were observed on the coast of north-eastern Japan after the quake, the agency said.

There were no reports of casualties or damage, and no abnormalities were detected at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, where three nuclear reactors suffered meltdowns after a tsunami swept through the plant in March 2011.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-26

You can follow earthquakes here:

http://earthquakestoday.info/

(...you can see the 4.5 quakes and higher...per hour, day, week...)...they range in frequency from 60 or so...all the way up to 120 or so...

(Unfortunately, they consistently downgrade the larger ones....)....I have this site on all day.....initially it registered at 7.5....

Also...did anyone hear of the 8.4 that hit this past May in or near Russia ??? I don't remember hearing anything about that one

...They say that the comets..which are apparently magnetic bodies.and not 'dirty snow balls'..

.....and other 'bodies' in our Solar System.....can evoke earthquakes.....

What we must remember is the powder keg going off. Radiation continues to seep into the ocean. The Japanese Government have misinformed, lied to their people. This is worse than Chernobyl!

Edited by rascalman
  • Like 1

What we must remember is the powder keg going off. Radiation continues to seep into the ocean. The Japanese Government have misinformed, lied to their people. This is worse than Chernobyl!

So...Godzilla? :),

or maybe Pacific Rim,

either way,a "hell" of an entertaining Apocalypse!(please,before you jump down my neck,I'm being facetious,

I know how serious the consequences of us treating the ocean like a giant toilet are...)

...They say that the comets..which are apparently magnetic bodies.and not 'dirty snow balls'..

.....and other 'bodies' in our Solar System.....can evoke earthquakes.....

Nope, too far, too small, it's all plate tectonics or the moon would be causing them everyday. The dirty snowball analogy is correct, on the surface at least -- ice covered with dense black dust.