Attorney general orders indictment against Abhisit, Suthep

webfact

Attorney general orders indictment against Abhisit, Suthep

BANGKOK: -- The attorney general Monday decided to have former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy prime minister Suthep Thaugsuban charged in court for their role in the fatal crackdowns on red-shirt protesters in 2010.

The two will be charged for causing others to commit murders with foreseeable results by having the Centre for the Resolution of Emergency Situation issue crackdown orders.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-28

• Like 2

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My comment-Bleeding ridiculous, where on earth are these so called officials dragged from. A complete waste of Thai money and time, the more important things are to get these persons that have already been charged back here to face up to their crimes, and the rest of the corrupt bunch.

Save your games for your computers/mobiles. All this rubbish and you cannot shut the mouth of an ex PM who is openly running this country, and already charged with more crimes to be aired. AMAZING

Yeah, but worrying about the fugitive criminal and his bunch of brown-noses - well, that's different and doesn't count in this game.

• Like 1

If the court finds them guilty the fallout will be immense. Dark days ahead me thinks.

They will never be guilty of those charges because it isn't true.

+ Without amnesty shield, the soldiers were confident to clear their names through the judicial process because crowd control operations took place in the face of unidentified armed men, he said.

(from here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677705-dont-involve-military-on-amnesty-prayuth/)

• Like 1

Isn't this the same office that cleared Thaksin of terrorism charges because Thaksin was not in Thailand when he and his Red army terrorized and burned down a dozen buildings?

Yes it's the Attorney Generals Office as a department but that decision was made by the former AG, you know, the AG that was appointed by abhisit?

So? What is your point again smart..s?

Isn't this the same office that cleared Thaksin of terrorism charges because Thaksin was not in Thailand when he and his Red army terrorized and burned down a dozen buildings?

Yes it's the Attorney Generals Office as a department but that decision was made by the former AG, you know, the AG that was appointed by abhisit?

No need to get upset.

I thought my point was obvious. You're implying that the AG Office is biased because the PTP are in charge, just like they're supposed to have bought off the judges.

Tell me how else your post should be read.

• Like 1

If the court finds them guilty the fallout will be immense. Dark days ahead me thinks.

They will never be guilty of those charges because it isn't true.

+ Without amnesty shield, the soldiers were confident to clear their names through the judicial process because crowd control operations took place in the face of unidentified armed men, he said.

(from here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677705-dont-involve-military-on-amnesty-prayuth/)

I know that. You know that. But this is Thailand.

No need to get upset.

I thought my point was obvious. You're implying that the AG Office is biased because the PTP are in charge, just like they're supposed to have bought off the judges.

Answer: Yes

Attorney General seeks indictment for Abhisit, Suthep
By English News

13829542643554.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 28 - Thailand's Attorney General has ordered an indictment against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his deputy Suthep Thaugsuban for premeditated murder in their orders to crack down on protesters in the 2010 political protests in Bangkok, its spokesman said today.

Nantasak Poonsuk said the Attorney General agreed to a proposal by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) to indict Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep, and the pair's orders, though made in a series during the months-long demonstration, would be counted as only one action, and consequently one lawsuit.

He said their offences were not determined as part of their official duties and, thus, it was unnecessary to submit it to the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

Mr Abhisit, currently Democrat Party leader, and Mr Suthep can exercise their parliamentary immunity to postpone their appearances before the DSI until after the parliamentary session, Mr Nantasak said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-28

While we knew these trumped up BS charges were coming, it really makes me want to puke seeing the timing of the indictments. How convenient to come just as the amnesty bill is about to be debated. Gotta to love these PTP a..holes and their cronies!

Timing, indeed, a week after the charges against Thaksin were dropped by the same Attorney-General.

• Like 1

I doubt if either of these two 'mass murderers' are too worried.

When they take their cases to the international court the charges will be thrown out anyway.

They won't be taken to international criminal court as thailand isn't a signatory to it.

They will be tried in Thailand.

This is the new AG who declared on his first day that he will be transparent and unbiased (or words to that effect) just a week or so ago.

Didn't take him long to follow orders. Just another piece of the pressure on Abhisit to kow-tow to the Thaksin amnesty.

We still await the AG receiving the charges for Abhisit's grave crime wink.png of using modern money-transfer methods instead of cheques.

No need to get upset.

Answer: Yes

Well if you knew the answer, why bother posting the question. The reason, pure political posturing. Pathetic.

The two will be charged for causing others to commit murders with foreseeable results

My lordie lord. Just about any policeman, or commanding officer in the army could be dragged into court on this.

Didn't the police issue a shoot on sight order recently?. What type of law is this?

The ordering with foreseeable results law? My god. What a f******d up legal system.

Was anyone provably murdered yet? How could abhisit know what someone in the future WILL do?

This has entered the science fiction age of legal systems. How can ANY police commander order any policeman to do anything which may lead to him drawing his weapon and someone getting injured?

How about the ordering police to break up a protest with the inevitable assault of protestors law? How on earth can you get ANY law enforcement officer to enforce the law if this law exists?

These numpties are creating a legal nightmare.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 2