China rushes Thailand for tourist visa waiver

webfact

Good news for Thailand,providing they spend big money.At least the great majority dont cause trouble,when on holiday

Obviously you haven't seen the way they drive motor bikes, with no regard to the rules of the road, including driving on the wrong side of the road. They also stop their autos in the middle of the road and block traffic so they can get out and take a photo. They ignore traffic signals and right of way. The local hospital here has seen an enormous increase of patients in the emergency room due to road crashes caused by Chinese tourists. They make the average Thai driver look competent. Please tell me what your definition of "trouble" is. It appears that it does not include the safety of pedestrians and other drivers on the road.

You must realise they are all sons of emperors. Or is that sons of emperors bitches...

Anyway - you must show respect and move out of the way, then bow, as they speed past ... into a brick wall.

Just another click in the ethnic cog that will eventually turn this country to a complete herd of buffalo's who very lives will be dictated from afar.

"........will eventually....lives will be dictated from afar....." aren't you forgetting the man in Dubai already does this??

Just another brick in the wall of the Chinafication (yes, it rhymes with fornification) of Thailand.

The Chinese-Thai Shinawatre who run the Thai gov't can't say 'no' to anything mandated from Beijing.

Indeed, if Beijing says, "build a high speed rr going N/S, connecting Thailand with China." The Shinawatres jump to it, even to the detriment of existing rr's and putting 3 generations in to crippling debt.

If Beijing says, "Tear out your asphalt highways going N/S and construct 1 foot thick concrete hws with 3/4" re-bar at 1 foot centers," ....then Thailand jumps to it. THEY'RE ALREADY DOING IT. Those highways are the same specs as N/S connecting highways going through Burma.

If Beijing says: "Build a gargantuan trade center in Bangkok for us to peddle Chinese merchandise" Then Thailand does it.

hongkong.jpg

The idiocy of the comment speaks for itself...

this is going to take a little longer to process.

The proposal must first go to this guy who will pass it up or along to this guy, then that guy must pass it o to the other guy who in turn needs to get approval from that guy. When approval is granted, the same guy must move it along to that guy who in turn passes it to some other guy. That guy needs to take it to the top guy who doesn't know anything about it so he passes it to his guy and so on and so on and so on and so on...............................

You forgot about the fact that it must first go before a board of experts who check out the projects then call for a panel for later discussion by a sub committee on the various aspects of the project.

After this lengthy process it will be presented to the cabinet who will assemble a task force to examine whether there is any corruption involved. All consultants and representatives from the various branches involved in the projects must get final approval from the guy who sells coffee on the street corner.coffee1.gif

Snip!

Businesses that had been complained against may face punishment, or may be blacklisted before being reported to the Tourism Council of Thailand.

so the chinese are going to sort out the jet ski scam at last ?

Cool if the Chinese were finally able stop the jet ski nonsense.

Slowly but surely power is shifting from the West to Asia.

The long term plan of the Chinese for Thailand is to walk in one day and confiscate all the Thai women. This will offset the groing gap between male and female population in China. Someday Chinese men won't be able to find enough Chinese women. Guess where China will look?

They are already in Vietnam and laos. The problem with Thai women is not enough of them use whitening cream...

I think it's a no-brainer, there are hordes of Chinese tourists just a short-flight away, eager to shop or 'get to know Thai culture' better, and Thailand supposedly welcomes quality-tourists like these.

So surely the continued refusal of the Thaksin-led PTP-coalition government, to just wave their magic-wand, is causing massive 'loss-of-face' to China ?

Doesn't PM-Yingluck want to sell squillions of tons of deteriorating rice, after all ?

Get On With It !

Feel sorry for poor Thailand as it did not even make the top 10 Lonely Planet best places to visit in 2014 better luck for 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24712473

TOP 10 COUNTRIES

1.Brazil

2.Antarctica

3.Scotland

4.Sweden

5.Malawi

6.Mexico

7.Seychelles

8.Belgium

9.Macedonia

10.Malaysia

SOURCE: Lonely Planet Best of Travel 2014

Headline

TAT jumps for joy as Thailand gets off backpacker top 10 list?

The long term plan of the Chinese for Thailand is to walk in one day and confiscate all the Thai women. This will offset the groing gap between male and female population in China. Someday Chinese men won't be able to find enough Chinese women. Guess where China will look?

I agree with the tone of your post, but not the details. 'Confiscate all women'? Not likely. Chinese men are gonzo for young virgins. All else, in their view, is sloppy 2nds. Currently; 116 Chinese men per 100 Chinese women.

Another thing that happens when young men can't find wives and g.f's; they tend to band together and cause trouble. All that testosterone, and little in the way of outlets. Similar dynamic in the Middle East, though there the problem is it's not easy for the average young man to hitch up with a woman for cultural reasons (no premarital sex allowed, etc). Hence: frustrations erupt. Every Middle East country has problems with young men looking for trouble. Let's hope a similar dynamic doesn't arise with bands of young testosterone-driven Chinese men looking for outlets - roaming to and around Thailand, which is lax in law-enforcement.

Farang, When marrying a Thai lady, will often take on the lady's prior children as his own. Rarely happens with Asian men. Asian's won't even consider adopting. In their view, "why should I devote my resources to raising a child sired by another man?" Completely alien to them.

Pity the Chinese men looking for virgins here...

I wonder if they're is an ancient Chinese proverb called "the sick buffalo'?

Feel sorry for poor Thailand as it did not even make the top 10 Lonely Planet best places to visit in 2014 better luck for 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24712473

TOP 10 COUNTRIES

1.Brazil

2.Antarctica

3.Scotland

4.Sweden

5.Malawi

6.Mexico

7.Seychelles

8.Belgium

9.Macedonia

10.Malaysia

SOURCE: Lonely Planet Best of Travel 2014

Excuse me, but Antarctica? ANTARCTICA?? Bwahahahahahahaha!

Sorry, back to the regularly scheduled program....

The proposal must first go to this guy who will pass it up or along to this guy, then that guy must pass it o to the other guy who in turn needs to get approval from that guy. When approval is granted, the same guy must move it along to that guy who in turn passes it to some other guy. That guy needs to take it to the top guy who doesn't know anything about it so he passes it to his guy and so on and so on and so on and so on...............................

Normally, yes. But with the Shinawatres in complete control of government, anything the Chinese want will be fast-tracked.

Agreed. The terms of any visa waiver will be (have been?) written by China. The local government may be allowed to add a few minor, inconsequential items but will approve and implement whatever the Chinese dictate.

• Like 1

Normally, yes. But with the Shinawatres in complete control of government, anything the Chinese want will be fast-tracked.

Agreed. The terms of any visa waiver will be (have been?) written by China. The local government may be allowed to add a few minor, inconsequential items but will approve and implement whatever the Chinese dictate.

There will be thousands of overstayers. They had huge problems in Macau, Thailand will be even worse. There will be thousands of over stayers if they remove the visa requirement.

• Like 1

Just another brick in the wall of the Chinafication (yes, it rhymes with fornification) of Thailand.

The Chinese-Thai Shinawatre who run the Thai gov't can't say 'no' to anything mandated from Beijing.

Indeed, if Beijing says, "build a high speed rr going N/S, connecting Thailand with China." The Shinawatres jump to it, even to the detriment of existing rr's and putting 3 generations in to crippling debt.

If Beijing says, "Tear out your asphalt highways going N/S and construct 1 foot thick concrete hws with 3/4" re-bar at 1 foot centers," ....then Thailand jumps to it. THEY'RE ALREADY DOING IT. Those highways are the same specs as N/S connecting highways going through Burma.

If Beijing says: "Build a gargantuan trade center in Bangkok for us to peddle Chinese merchandise" Then Thailand does it.

hongkong.jpg

The idiocy of the comment speaks for itself...

Sounds like someone's offended. Too much truth to stomach all at once? Go ahead and tell us what isn't true in the the original statement.

Good news for Thailand,providing they spend big money.At least the great majority dont cause trouble,when on holiday

Obviously you haven't seen the way they drive motor bikes, with no regard to the rules of the road, including driving on the wrong side of the road. They also stop their autos in the middle of the road and block traffic so they can get out and take a photo. They ignore traffic signals and right of way. The local hospital here has seen an enormous increase of patients in the emergency room due to road crashes caused by Chinese tourists. They make the average Thai driver look competent. Please tell me what your definition of "trouble" is. It appears that it does not include the safety of pedestrians and other drivers on the road.

Abit like westerners then lol.They do this in every country then???/

This is crazy! Why would anyone do that with China? Complaint against tour company in Thailand? How about how many Chinese tour scam in China..how many has scam lots of Thai and foreigners? So they can tell us what to do? Why is a democratic government listen to the communist government? That is absolutely mind blowing!!!. Instead of Thailand trying to get visa waivers for Europe and America by cleaning up our acts.

So, we could qualify for that visa waiver program like South Korean or Singaporean. Because as a Thai citizen, it doesn't matter if you are a self established hard working, self made millionaire or billionaires...you'd still be treated like some screw up second class citizen of the world every single time you try getting visa from any European or American consulates ( the way we have to wait in line and the way we were treated and rude interview, like we are not worthy of stepping on their soil until proven or shown our bank statements, that we are richer than all income of theirs 3 poor white generations combined . Which I found very degrading and felt like I have to beg to get in their countries to spend lots of my hard earn money. It's completely insane.

ON contrary, lots of Euro trash and white trash, most which some are dirt poor as hell, can just march of the plan and get 30 days - 90 days stay huh? When they can only afford a nightly stay hostel in Kaosarn road or have less than 2000 dollars in their bank accounts? So, by having free visa waivers program with a country like China. I don't see how we are getting any closer to get visa waivers from any other developed countries.

Also, How many of billion dirt poor Chinese will flock here and never return to their home but trying to get jobs or illegal ways to make a living in Thailand from this visa waiver program? Not to mention..a lot of them are rude, dirty and filled with nasty manners (anyone who has been to China must have seen the way they treat their tourists & the way they use their toilets, it's disgusting!!!) We have many poor fresh graduates and rural Thai citizen fighting for Jobs in the countries as is, not including illegal Burmese and Cambodian workers that will get amnesty. So, what will become an aftermath of it? I'm pretty sure there is no planning from this lovely government. I don't like where this is going at all. I can see sweat shops filled with cheap Chinese labors(hopefully not under age) from china, runs under legitimate companies setting up by some rich Chinese all over Thai eastern seaboard.

We have Russian mafia all over Phuket and Pattaya, African or Nigerian gang running scam throughout Bangkok as we speak. Now, us Thai's have to brace ourselves for new gangs from China?..I guess "Welcome to Thailand" has different meaning for this Government. What's next? A law to make Chinese language mandatory in Thai school? or are we getting Chinese passport to replace Thai passport soon?This is BS.

This is crazy! Why would anyone do that with China? Complaint against tour company in Thailand? How about how many Chinese tour scam in China..how many has scam lots of Thai and foreigners? So they can tell us what to do? Why is a democratic government listen to the communist government? That is absolutely mind blowing!!!. Instead of Thailand trying to get visa waivers for Europe and America by cleaning up our acts.

So, we could qualify for that visa waiver program like South Korean or Singaporean. Because as a Thai citizen, it doesn't matter if you are a self established hard working, self made millionaire or billionaires...you'd still be treated like some screw up second class citizen of the world every single time you try getting visa from any European or American consulates ( the way we have to wait in line and the way we were treated and rude interview, like we are not worthy of stepping on their soil until proven or shown our bank statements, that we are richer than all income of theirs 3 poor white generations combined . Which I found very degrading and felt like I have to beg to get in their countries to spend lots of my hard earn money. It's completely insane.

ON contrary, lots of Euro trash and white trash, most which some are dirt poor as hell, can just march of the plan and get 30 days - 90 days stay huh? When they can only afford a nightly stay hostel in Kaosarn road or have less than 2000 dollars in their bank accounts? So, by having free visa waivers program with a country like China. I don't see how we are getting any closer to get visa waivers from any other developed countries.

Also, How many of billion dirt poor Chinese will flock here and never return to their home but trying to get jobs or illegal ways to make a living in Thailand from this visa waiver program? Not to mention..a lot of them are rude, dirty and filled with nasty manners (anyone who has been to China must have seen the way they treat their tourists & the way they use their toilets, it's disgusting!!!) We have many poor fresh graduates and rural Thai citizen fighting for Jobs in the countries as is, not including illegal Burmese and Cambodian workers that will get amnesty. So, what will become an aftermath of it? I'm pretty sure there is no planning from this lovely government. I don't like where this is going at all. I can see sweat shops filled with cheap Chinese labors(hopefully not under age) from china, runs under legitimate companies setting up by some rich Chinese all over Thai eastern seaboard.

We have Russian mafia all over Phuket and Pattaya, African or Nigerian gang running scam throughout Bangkok as we speak. Now, us Thai's have to brace ourselves for new gangs from China?..I guess "Welcome to Thailand" has different meaning for this Government. What's next? A law to make Chinese language mandatory in Thai school? or are we getting Chinese passport to replace Thai passport soon?This is BS.

I agree. But, no one is listening. Junguo hao....

Repeat after me. Junguo hao....