electric bike

awayfoe

I purchased a very nice 28" electric bike model 700C e-bike from http://la-eride.com/2013/ . I would highly recomend you checking them out. The one I bought is made but not normally sold in Thailand and exported to Europe. I called them and they sold me the larger bike which I love. I am attaching a picture of my bike. I would contact a girl named Jeab at [email protected]. She speaks very good english and was very helpful. These bikes are very well engineered and of much better quality than most others I looked at before purchasing. Good luck.

post-146890-0-28775800-1383098540_thumb.

Edited by BobTH

I purchased a very nice 28" electric bike model 700C e-bike from http://la-eride.com/2013/ . I would highly recomend you checking them out. The one I bought is made but not normally sold in Thailand and exported to Europe. I called them and they sold me the larger bike which I love. I am attaching a picture of my bike. I would contact a girl named Jeab at [email protected]. She speaks very good english and was very helpful. These bikes are very well engineered and of much better quality than most others I looked at before purchasing. Good luck.

Why do you have a female bike ? Or at least back in the Netherlands we call those kind of bikes female bikes because of the shape of the frame.

Why do you have a female bike ? Or at least back in the Netherlands we call those kind of bikes female bikes because of the shape of the frame.

Electric bikes you will find are often unisex style. This is primarily because of the additional weight because ot the battery sitting high on the rear of the bike making them slightly top heavy. Mine has 28" diameter wheels and a 50cm seat tube which would be a very large bike for a female to ride. I asked the same question and after reseaching it I found this to be common on the e-bikes.

post-146890-0-06097500-1383103777_thumb.

Edited by BobTH

Electric bikes you will find are often unisex style. This is primarily because of the additional weight because ot the battery sitting high on the rear of the bike making them slightly top heavy. Mine has 28" diameter wheels and a 50cm seat tube which would be a very large bike for a female to ride. I asked the same question and after reseaching it I found this to be common on the e-bikes.

Ok i readily admit i have no real experience with electric bikes now there are loads of them back in the Netherlands but I moved out 7 years ago so i haven't encountered them much. Thanks for enlightening me.

• Like 1

Different question, i don't ride bikes here and I live in BKK only came across this post as the name caught my eye.

I have never considered biking here while i drive a motorbike and car here, the reason being its just not fast enough to get out of danger and traffic really is not made for bikes. Is this different in pattaya or am I imagining things ?

What did you pay for the bike?

What did you pay for the bike?

It was around $1,000. But like I said before, beware of buying the cheap Chinese bikes. I looked at a lot of them before deciding on this one.

Edited by BobTH

I've had an LA Bike Nimble 24.6 (24" wheels, 6 speed rear derailleur) for about a year. My recommendation is to go with the 6 speed unless you really like the gear ratio of the single speed, or plan to do all your riding in electric mode.

Bought it at one of the LA Bike shops in BKK. Typical of Thai companies, it's pretty difficult for a non-Thai reader to find the locations listed on their site (in Thai, and as a jpg so translation software doesn't work). I finally found a list of shops in English by downloading their catalog, which is in English.

The website has them listed for 26,000 baht, but I paid 27,000- the guy said the website is out of date. Or maybe he just had a good dinner and drinks that night on me.

Overall, it's okay for use as an electric, but I'm pretty disappointed in the bike as a pedal-er. The frame geometry seems funky and I can never find a comfortable height for the seat. I haven't bothered to try other seats with different angles so it may be a simple fix. Right now, I'm considering taking the electric components off and converting my Trek MTB to an electric, but it looks more involved than I want to get- and I may end up with the worst of both bikes.

Also, the controls are strange. There are several different modes like pedal assist, etc. I'm used to Chinese models where I just turn the throttle grip to go, and turn it more to go faster. It would probably make more sense if the extensive instruction book was in English, but it's not. Still, I get around town just fine on it.

Even with its quirks, it was a good purchase.

http://la-eride.com/2013/nimble-246.html

Edited by impulse