UK FLR/ILR Biometric card.

• 2 months later...

My wife will be hopefully applying in person on Tuesday 6th May, we want to go on holiday later that week, would she be able to exit the UK with her passport with current visa stamped in to it or will she need the biometrics card to exit the UK?

The biometrics card will be posted to us by DHL or FedEx to where we will be staying in Bangkok, we will be staying Thailand for about 3 months and I want to book the flights soon.

Yes ILR is as dead as a dodo, FLR for her, booked in for her A1 English test on 1st March. I had to persuade her to do another visa, she wanted to exit the UK and never come back, apparently the UK is cold and boring, couldn't agree more with that, but she likes the money she earns from her job, typical Thai lady, money #1! 555

• 9 months later...

My wife will be hopefully applying in person on Tuesday 6th May, we want to go on holiday later that week, would she be able to exit the UK with her passport with current visa stamped in to it or will she need the biometrics card to exit the UK?

The biometrics card will be posted to us by DHL or FedEx to where we will be staying in Bangkok, we will be staying Thailand for about 3 months and I want to book the flights soon.

Passports are not routinely checked by UKVI when leaving the UK and the airline will only be concerned whether or not she will be allowed in at the other end; which with a Thai passport she obviously will be.

But if her current LTR has expired and she does not have her new biometric residence card for her return, she will not be allowed back into the UK.

• Like 1